Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nwlad

Police Visits

7 posts in this topic

I have visited a few parlours over the past 5 years (mainly in the North West) and most say they get visited by the police every now and then to check there are no drugs, under age girls or ladies working against their will, which is fair enough. I wonder what they say/do if a punter is on the premises with a girl, do you think they would just enter the room? Has anyone been in this situation?

If they haven't got a warrant then they can't just crash through any doors they like can they?

I was in a parlour before Christmas having a shower when I overheard someone in the entrance lobby asking if there were any men on the premises. He was told there was one in one of the bedrooms and one in the shower. Seemed a bit of a strange question to me until I finished my shower and, wearing a towel, walked to the bedroom past the kitchen. In the kitchen doorway, back to me, was a uniformed policeman talking to the staff. As this was clearly not a raid, I proceeded to the bedroom and waited. I did, however, take the precaution of leaving my towel on, just in case!!!

I have visited a few parlours over the past 5 years (mainly in the North West) and most say they get visited by the police every now and then to check there are no drugs, under age girls or ladies working against their will, which is fair enough. I wonder what they say/do if a punter is on the premises with a girl, do you think they would just enter the room? Has anyone been in this situation?

Why would the police want to enter the room? As you say, the police are just checking that there are no underage girls, coerced girls or drugs etc. In most cases the police will also provide reassurance that staff can call the police and that the police will deal with complaints in a non-judgemental manner.

The police aren't there to bust the brothel and close it down. They are there with the consent of the owner/manager. I can't see why they would want to enter the room, or why they would think that they have the right to enter a room where a punter and girl are having sex. Neither are doing anything illegal.

I was in a parlour before Christmas having a shower when I overheard someone in the entrance lobby asking if there were any men on the premises. He was told there was one in one of the bedrooms and one in the shower. Seemed a bit of a strange question to me until I finished my shower and, wearing a towel, walked to the bedroom past the kitchen. In the kitchen doorway, back to me, was a uniformed policeman talking to the staff. As this was clearly not a raid, I proceeded to the bedroom and waited. I did, however, take the precaution of leaving my towel on, just in case!!!

That would be enough to put me off my stroke.

If they haven't got a warrant then they can't just crash through any doors they like can they?

Essentially that's correct. If the police haven't got a search warrant then they must rely on section 17 PACE 1984, which covers (amongst others) the arrest of a person for an indictable offence, or for the purposes of saving life or limb or preventing serious damage to property.

Even a section 8 search warrant issued by a JP must relate to an indictable offence.

The new section 53A offence (paying for the sexual services of a prostitute subjected to force etc) is a summary offence only.

So if the police want to smash the door down using an enforcer (aka. the big red key) then they'll have to use brothel keeping or trafficking or another indictable offence.

Thanks for your replies. The reason I ask is because I saw a girl in Chester recently and the parlour had a maid and two working girls, nice place never any trouble as I understand. Cheshire Police are apparently strictly enforcing the one maid and one WG law which I understand is legal, more than one girl and technically they can prosecute so i have been told.