southernmikey

What Would You Do ?

12 posts in this topic

Purely fictional of course...

So you knew a WG for many years, as in many cases she had some personal issues ( not drugs)

You agree to help her start again with a sizeable donation, ( £10 k +) to start her career again- on the basis that there's no going back. No commitment, just that fresh start.

Within weeks , your contact is cut off & she goes back to a well known brothel.

Accepting that you been completely shafted & an idiot - what would you do next ?

Oldest story in the book, but interested in your thoughts.

So you knew a WG for many years, as in many cases she had some personal issues ( not drugs)

You agree to help her start again with a sizeable donation, ( £10 k +) to start her career again- on the basis that there's no going back. No commitment, just that fresh start.

Accepting that you been completely shafted & an idiot - what would you do next ?

Put it down to experience - it's her life at the end of the day.

Put it down to experience - it's her life at the end of the day.

I concur

Purely fictional of course but I think the course of action would be:

find a brick wall and crack your head off it!.... for being such an idiot!

Never be fooled by wg's who plead poverty or hardship. If they can't manage their

lives or money in a better way then they should not be in the business.

;)

We all have "personal issues" from time to time and if we can find some mug to advance us £10k then we should be better off as a con artist, which is what this lady has turned out to be.

I would never advance any money without some form of guarantee. That even includes my family. You can always tear up the guarantee later if you wish.

Reading over it a couple of times and not taking it at face value, I wonder whose idea it was that it was conditional on her leaving the industry ? It is confusing because it mentions 'no commitment' - no commitment to going back, or no commitment to the client, or something else ?

If she was desperate to the point of needing cash from the client then it may have been an impossible expectation for her to leave a well paid job and be left to pick up a job on a much lower rate, if she could find one immediately but the offer of £10k to much of an opportunity to pass up.

Wonder what was being said during the few weeks before contact was lost ?

On face value it does look as if the client/friend has been totally conned but I wonder if the client has been a genuine Good Samaritan, or has used her situation to manipulate her into getting out of the industry and remaining 'friends' ?

As it's hypothetical, and the above questions will remain unanswered it's impossible to say what to do next.

Edited by Melanieabz

What the guy in the story needs to tell himself very slowly, in words that even he can understand, is that the £10k was a gift, not a loan. There is absolutely no question of any repayment.

Edited by Irgendeiner

Ignore!

Edited by Irgendeiner

I would never have got that close to a WG in the first place. You are a punter, not a life coach and she is hardly going to turn to a punter for help other than financially. Mr X at X time paying X amount. Sex is very intimate and I guess there must be a certain frame of mind to be able to offer it for cash so I suspect than anything closer on personal terms and the risk is we turn from being Mr X Punter to Mr Somebody. I'm not sure WG's would like to humanise us that much therefore we are kept at a distance. I dare say it is much easier for a WG to take us for an idiot than another lay person who doesn't have that connection. I read a book that a retired WG wrote and it was not stop ridicule.

I certainly wouldnt do this in the first place but going along with your fictional premise i would walk away and chalk it down to a very expensive misjudgement and vow never to give my money away like this again.

You agree to help her start again with a sizeable donation, ( £10 k +) to start her career again

Anyone who could afford to toss away 10 grand like wouldnt really miss it ;)

What the guy in the story needs to tell himself very slowly, in words that even he can understand, is that the £10k was a gift, not a loan. There is absolutely no question of any repayment.

Exactly, a 'donation' is not the same as a loan, is it? It's not like there was any written agreement in place detailing repayment terms or APR...