Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vulvasailor

Std Testing Online

9 posts in this topic

This internet site only do a urine test. So no swabs or blood tests. (Feel sorry for the post office is there's a breakage! Can you send piss through the post?)

I'll stick to getting checked for free with people who I know are trained and trusted. Plus they check for a lot more too.

At my local gum clinic at the local hospital...

Yes I agree....go the GUM clinic. It is not just the test, but the counselling can give you way more advice and peace of mind thab reading anything you read on the internet or getting checked at a remote lab.

Yes I agree....go the GUM clinic. It is not just the test, but the counselling can give you way more advice and peace of mind thab reading anything you read on the internet or getting checked at a remote lab.

And of course its completely confidential and annonymous. You give your date of birth ( as a reference number /password proxy) and a unique number. No questions are asked nobody frowns or tut tuts its fee and the results are good enough to trust. In my area results are given by phone after giving your unique number.

These online tests are accurate but what is missing is the expertise to advise which test, and when and where to take the sample from. Better to brave the face to face - all reports are that they are helpful and non judgemental at the GUM clinic and if you tell them what you've been up to they will probably swab every orifice not just check a urine sample. Get an HIV test done too. It wont cost you and you can be as anonymous as you like.

These online tests are accurate

Its impossible to check how the tests are done and what procedures are followed if they are followed at all! You or I could set up tomorrow with a website and some stock photos of attractive smiling nurse type posed pictures.

I'm not quite sure about the 'every orifice' senario either. I have just had a full set of tests including H.I.V. and everything else which involved giving no orifices or personal information, ( except D.O.B. ) A small blood sample, and a urine sample. Its actually less invasive less stressful and less painful and more private than a visit to the dentist. Yes I understand there is a small difference between the male and female anatomy but none between the diseases. Testing is simple. Forget the wind ups about inverted umbrellers into your willy. I'm told there is ( or was ?) a test that involved a small swab gently swabed arond the eye of the little general, but with advancing techniques this may not be current paractice.

If you are in any doubt whatso ever then make a quick call and ask.

Just get tested. Its less stressful that laying in bed at night wondering if you have just infected your wife.

I went for the full test. They were uber efficient and the test results came back clear. Peace of Mind.

Most of the visits I have had have involved a swab deep in the urethra. This is rather painful, even though an umbrella is not used. On one occasion it drew blood (this was some years ago). The doc later commented that the test had shown blood in the urine. I told him why, but he seemed unconvinced (presumably solidarity with the clumsy nurse).

But the pain goes quickly.

Most of the visits I have had have involved a swab deep in the urethra. This is rather painful, even though an umbrella is not used. On one occasion it drew blood (this was some years ago). The doc later commented that the test had shown blood in the urine. I told him why, but he seemed unconvinced (presumably solidarity with the clumsy nurse).

But the pain goes quickly.

Yeah - it's not the greatest. First time was the worst, because it was a very caressing testicular cancer check (which was about to get embarrassing), then a sudden jab to with a sharp stick. Talk about contrast.

Edited by miaow99