Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
happyending

Tunisia

8 posts in this topic

Now that Tunisia is back on the tourist map I was thinking of visiting later this year. Many, certainly most of the 4 & 5 star hotels all have leisure facilities with massage available. Anyone have any first hand experience as to whether sensual massages are possible in these places.

Now that Tunisia is back on the tourist map I was thinking of visiting later this year. Many, certainly most of the 4 & 5 star hotels all have leisure facilities with massage available. Anyone have any first hand experience as to whether sensual massages are possible in these places.

Not sure Tunisia was ever "off the tourist map" apart from the last month or so. I love it there, but despite searching have never found a sensual massage.I wish you luck and hope you find one and let us all know.

You may have to think again. According to this article, fundamentalists are already cracking down:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1360799/Sex-brothels-REAL-tyranny-threatening-Arab-world.html

There is also a thread on the legalities board.

And on CNN there were thousands of Secular Tunisians on the march last week .

But unfortunately its the Fundamentalists in the Arab world and in Israel(Jewish ) who get the wider coverage .

If your not adventurous I'd leave a visit to Tunisia, at the moment there Isn't a proper police force, and In that climate you'll get attacks on brothels by Islamists, I wonder If these same Islamists went back the next day for a punt. :rolleyes:

Hear what you guys say about the brothels but wasn't planning to visit the red light areas. It was more a question about sensual massages available in the resort hotel health clubs. I remember reading a thread once about a Haman massage in Morocco and wondered if it was a North African thing and generally available.

While it's great to make sweeping statements, I think as with nigh on ever country in the world, you can find a good time in Tunisia if you have a bit of luck and have some local intel.

I have a rudimentary grasp of both French and Arabic and just last night had a pretty wild time in Tunis. Innocuous drinks at the bar with a colleague turned into a 12 hour party with a group of young ladies who I can only class as chancers, we didn't pay for their company per se, but they were our guests for the evening as we went from hotel bar to club to shisha/karaoke establishment and back to the hotel for some pretty wild action. Of course by the end of it all it was 8am, 6 of us (2 boys, 4 girls, 2 of whom I would say are 8s and the other 2 while by no means unattractive were less stunning) had consumed the better part of 4 bottles of vodka and we were giving the business jet set something to talk about as we got very loud in our respective rooms but hey.

In short, Tunisia can be an amazing time but I think language may be a factor. Stick with hotel bars and take a chance by asking the girls where they are headed to next. Lady luck may be smiling on you.