pvcman

Ipad2 Announced

8 posts in this topic

Apple launches iPad2

Although there are many tablet competitors out there emerging (Android, HP, BlackBerry etc), this still looks like it is going to be hard to beat (at least in the short term.) Apple have managed to keep the price the same too, something competitors are finding hard to undercut.

Anyone going to buy one? I've only had my personal one for 3 months so will hold off, but I will be buying a batch for work soon so I'll get to play with them...

^ It was never going to be a major upgrade and besides, even the first Ipad is probably going to be much better than anything else coming out...

^ It was never going to be a major upgrade and besides, even the first Ipad is probably going to be much better than anything else coming out...

I do love the ahem fanatical response of fanbois to any criticism of the blessed church of Jobs: it was Steve Jobs himself who claimed it was an all new design, hence the sceptical review on the Reg.

B

Top tip would be to save some cash & buy the original iPad at the new reduced price of £329.

Have one since March last year & it really is very good. all the family use it and I doubt we turn the laptop on more than once a month now a days.

Top tip would be to save some cash & buy the original iPad at the new reduced price of £329.

Have one since March last year & it really is very good. all the family use it and I doubt we turn the laptop on more than once a month now a days.

Possibly quite a good idea - the price drop compared to the iPad2 is quite large, certainly more than the iPhone 3GS vs the iPhone 4.

Our laptop doesn't get used much either these days...

looks lovely, and love the cover too B)

I do love the ahem fanatical response of fanbois to any criticism of the blessed church of Jobs: it was Steve Jobs himself who claimed it was an all new design, hence the sceptical review on the Reg.

B

There is always the fanboy element with Apple but with such short lifecycles for so many technology items these days, it's hard for a new version of a product to be a completely new design/revolutionary (despite what Jobs might say.)