Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Smith

Is The Word "gentleman" A Euphemism For Something?

27 posts in this topic

I come across the term quite a bit on the other site, especially some girls who say things along the lines of; Seeking gentlemen, executive types and more bluntly, to quote, "******Please note.. I am available for true gentlemen only.********".

Is this a way of saying that the person only sees certain types of people? Or am I just reading into this a bit too much?

Well yes. One hopes a gentleman would smell nice, have good manners, be reasonably wealthy, well bred and polite. Just what the harlot would prefer. As opposed to a ruffian which no doubt would be preferred by many single and married women if any of those love stories are anything to go by.

I come across the term quite a bit on the other site, especially some girls who say things along the lines of; Seeking gentlemen, executive types and more bluntly, to quote, "******Please note.. I am available for true gentlemen only.********".

Is this a way of saying that the person only sees certain types of people? Or am I just reading into this a bit too much?

A man who has good manners and assumes that this should be the norm in society is one way I would define it, sadly I think that some people on ** are possibly looking at this from a fiscal point of view ;)

A man who has good manners and assumes that this should be the norm in society is one way I would define it, sadly I think that some people on ** are possibly looking at this from a fiscal point of view ;)

Indeed. This is 'gentleman' in the sense immortalised by Anita Loos in 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes'. A gentleman is simply a male with lots of money he is willing to lavish on women much younger than himself.

That's what I was thinking...

I'm young and work in retail, but do have good manners and many WG's do mention how their job would be "a lot better" if most of their clients looked liked me (I'm not particularly good looking, just not old, drunk and so on). Hell, one piece of feedback described me as a "gentle" person, which I kinda hate, though it's true.

I'm not particularly good looking, just not old, drunk and so on

What's wrong with age? Many ladies like "mature" men.Is this the same as "men with age"?

Gentleman = Pussy first, ass second

On a cold day a gentleman would automatically warm his hands prior to putting them down your blouse or slipping them between your thighs. :rolleyes:

I refer to my clients as gentlemen because that's how I expect them to behave - polite, respectful and with enough sense to wash their bits before they come to see me ;) Nothing to do with money, the guy who saves for months to book an appointment is no less a gentleman than someone who has that as spare change, both are welcome.

There are some ladies who believe that richer clients will be 'better' clients, particularly when they start out. Experience will quickly prove that this is not the case - I've seen lovely men in council flats and rather unpleasant men in expensive hotels, and vice versa. Had I been of the opinion that wealth = quality then I would have soon changed my mind!

I thought a gentleman was a bloke who got out of the shower to have a pee.

When a wg say's she only wants to see "Gentlemen", I have my own interpretation of what the score is! She's not going to be the sort of girl who want's to put herself out to please her clients....she's expecting someone who's going to be "easy". I tend to avoid these girls, their other favourite words are, "don't touch me there please" and "I don't really do kissing"!

I thought a gentleman was a bloke who got out of the shower to have a pee.

or the bath?

I refer to my clients as gentlemen because that's how I expect them to behave - polite, respectful and with enough sense to wash their bits before they come to see me ;) Nothing to do with money, the guy who saves for months to book an appointment is no less a gentleman than someone who has that as spare change, both are welcome.

There are some ladies who believe that richer clients will be 'better' clients, particularly when they start out. Experience will quickly prove that this is not the case - I've seen lovely men in council flats and rather unpleasant men in expensive hotels, and vice versa. Had I been of the opinion that wealth = quality then I would have soon changed my mind!

I have said the same many times and how very true it is. We ( the ladies ) are not in a position to be discerning when it comes to first time clients as we only know how they sound on the phone.... which is not necessarily a great indication of

how he will talk to us when he arrives.

A real gentleman is as others have said... polite and respectful and of course squeaky clean for the purpose of his visit... no matter if he is a company director or works in a factory.

:)

or the bath?

gets out the bath to pee in the sink

A true gentleman is one who cleans his own knob after sex........even if he uses the curtains!

A true gentleman probably went to a public school and therefore has no interest in women and no place on this board :)

stands up in the bath and aims at the sink as he doesn't want his feet getting the bath mat wet LOL :lol:

Gentleman (googled)

1. A man of gentle or noble birth or superior social position: "He's too much a gentleman to be a scholar" (Aphra Behn).

2. A well-mannered and considerate man with high standards of proper behavior. See Usage Note at lady.

3. A man of independent means who does not need to have a wage-paying job.

4. A man: Do you know this gentleman?

5. gentlemen (-mn) Used as a form of address for a group of men.

6. A manservant; a valet.

:o

Gentleman (googled)

1. A man of gentle or noble birth or superior social position: "He's too much a gentleman to be a scholar" (Aphra Behn).

2. A well-mannered and considerate man with high standards of proper behavior. See Usage Note at lady.

3. A man of independent means who does not need to have a wage-paying job.

4. A man: Do you know this gentleman?

5. gentlemen (-mn) Used as a form of address for a group of men.

6. A manservant; a valet.

:o

Gentleman number two for me please :)

Takes the dishes out first.

As one who endeavours to behave as a 'gentleman', I would tend to agree with the general consensus that the words clean, polite, mannerly, considerate, timely etc are all appropriate definitions.

The aforementioned qualities are not exclusive to someone who calls themselves a 'gentleman' of course-anyone with any idea of how to behave and regardless of their age or level of income, should be capable of good behaviour in this context (or any other for that matter!).

As a final point and given my 'name' on this forum, I do hope I manage to display these qualities before (in any communication) during (knowing the boundaries) and after (thanks by text and e-mail) any liaisons!

When a wg say's she only wants to see "Gentlemen", I have my own interpretation of what the score is! She's not going to be the sort of girl who want's to put herself out to please her clients....she's expecting someone who's going to be "easy". I tend to avoid these girls, their other favourite words are, "don't touch me there please" and "I don't really do kissing"!

Yes you are damn right and I had this experience.

And I think the lady used the work "gentleman" in her ad. I will most definetely avoid those titles/ads from now on.

This is a hell of a good topic - helped me remember. Way to go guys.

Cheers.

In this context the word always reminds me of Mrs Forthby in Blott on the Landscape. And ladies, with no visible means of support, who discreetly receive "gentlemen callers", bearing gifts,in their flat in Maida Vale.

Then in the distant past when I was a bank clerk, there were those customers whose occupation was listed as "gentleman". Usually rather flakey types living on an inheritance from a rich aunt and always having an empty glass when someone else was buying a round.

Well yes. One hopes a gentleman would smell nice, have good manners, be reasonably wealthy, well bred and polite. Just what the harlot would prefer. As opposed to a ruffian which no doubt would be preferred by many single and married women if any of those love stories are anything to go by.

This one made me laugh. If anyone has watched "Take me out" with Paddy McGuiness on Saturdays this would seem to be true.

Every time a man, (gentleman, lol), says that he likes to treat his dates with courtesy, manners, like a lady, etc, a whole host of lights go out. The girls then say they like their men a bit rougher, and a bad boy! Then they complain they are single because they have boyfiends who treat them badly or cheat. Go figure!!

I hate the words punter, client etc, for me, a gentleman is a generic term for anyone that I am prepared to meeet. "'Ow much to take u up the arse?" and other such jovial opening gambits do not a gentleman make.

Apparently companies that own chains of Pubs/clubs/Hotels have found that by simply putting the word Gentlemen on its toilet door rather than just Men have found its less likely that customers will piss all over the floor and smash the cubicle doors ect. Do not underestimate the effects of small psychological techniques like this so I'd suggest that this is simply the same idea that WG's have to psychologicly persuade punters to treat them with respect.

I'd imagine that any girl who calls herself Dirty Slut/whore ect and puts phrases in her profile like "use me" will probably attract a different sort of client than one who puts 'appreciates gentlemen'.

This one made me laugh. If anyone has watched "Take me out" with Paddy McGuiness on Saturdays this would seem to be true.

Every time a man, (gentleman, lol), says that he likes to treat his dates with courtesy, manners, like a lady, etc, a whole host of lights go out. The girls then say they like their men a bit rougher, and a bad boy! Then they complain they are single because they have boyfiends who treat them badly or cheat. Go figure!!

I hate the words punter, client etc, for me, a gentleman is a generic term for anyone that I am prepared to meeet. "'Ow much to take u up the arse?" and other such jovial opening gambits do not a gentleman make.

This has been explained to me by my daughter ! She says that many girls are attracted to the egdy difficult type of guy but hope and want to change him so that he's really good to the girl in particular. To be fair I have seen plenty examples of this during my life time. Many women are attracted to ' bad boys'-- 'real men ' but like to think that he will show her his soft and considerate side !