pollyp23

Things You Wish You Could Write About

48 posts in this topic

Difficult one this, since the very act of confessing something or relating a story might reveal details that could lead to one's anonymity being lost.

We have already agreed that a poll on what we do as a job might expose too much detail, so the replies to this might be rather negative, but there are often topics on which I wish I could comment.

'Paris'. 'Luton airport' for example. I may or may not have experience in these areas, but haven't commented as doing so might reveal, along with other details, my identity.

Thoughts?

Difficult one this, since the very act of confessing something or relating a story might reveal details that could lead to one's anonymity being lost.

We have already agreed that a poll on what we do as a job might expose too much detail, so the replies to this might be rather negative, but there are often topics on which I wish I could comment.

'Paris'. 'Luton airport' for example. I may or may not have experience in these areas, but haven't commented as doing so might reveal, along with other details, my identity.

Thoughts?

My nephew is getting married on Friday 29th April, 2011 in London to a lovely girl called Kate.

My nephew is getting married on Friday 29th April, 2011 in London to a lovely girl called Kate.

Mark! I knew it was you. Long time no see.

Love it. Just the kind of thing I had in mind.

Viz used to have some brilliant sign offs on their letters pages.

Heh. I'm actually going to a wedding on that day and there will be a couple called William and Cath although theyre not the Bride and Groom I'm so glad I have something to do that day other than be bombarded with you know whos wedding.

Stuffily returning to the original question....

I don't think there's any one area I avoid in itself, but several I try to, because if they were linked up it might give some dangerous clues. Pity, because I've often refrained from recounting a pertinent anecdote as I've felt the prospect of the ground shifting beneath my feet.

I go along with Mr Bloom. I have sometimes written a post and then deleted it in case I have given too much info.

We all have favourite stories or jokes by which we could be outed if we told them in public.

I don't mind some of the WG's I have visited recognising my posts but want it to go no further.

Thoughts?

Lots of things B) but rather than worry about identifying myself I have to stop myself writing or commenting about things as iI dont think it very discrete on the dates behalf. I'd hate to upset someone by blabbing about something .

One one occasion I had dinner with 1 very famous person and his business partner,- who is another famous - or imfamous person - a bit of a evil pantomime villain to the great British public! and whos reputation and media persona actually scared me before Id met him, and when he brough up the subject of his father ( even more imfamous lol) I wanted to leave! I didn't thank goodness as I had what seemed like one of those contrived TV programs where they find opposites to have dinner hoping for friction!" l Neither of these people were from politics or entertainment. What a life story ! I cant begin to tell you (No really I can't)

People comment on this second guy, not just on this board but everywhere. Everyone has an opinion gleaned from the media. I spoke to him for hours and found him charming and nothing like he is portrayed by the press. "nuff said" anyway! So yes I could give my 4penneth worth by commenting with frst hand knowledge but oviously don't and wouldn't to keep my promise of privacy.

The ony thing I have spoken about - although not in any identifying way -was being taken to the Attaturk Stadium for the 2005 Champions League win. Ahhhhh if only every day was like that !

Its so frustrating waking up back in Kansas the next day, and slipping back into the normal everyday skin of an ordinary woman, lips sealed and Mums the word, and back into discussing the price of shoes or popping to the hairdresses. Only I know what I do and what I did the night before, who I met and who I spoke to - I can't talk to anyone about the night before or say ..Guess who I had dinner with/ spent the night with.

Its almost like being Mrs Ben with a magial door sometimes! ( or fForest Gump lol)

I can imagine my deathbed scene aged 105 ! confessing it all before taking my last gasp! They'd say there there there shes halucinating and up my morphine! :D

Mark! I knew it was you. Long time no see.

I thought it was (randy) Andy! But of course he's far too busy associating with dubious characters from Florida.

I don't think there's any one area I avoid in itself, but several I try to, because if they were linked up it might give some dangerous clues. Pity, because I've often refrained from recounting a pertinent anecdote as I've felt the prospect of the ground shifting beneath my feet.

I tend to agree; it is far too easy to sprinkle little pieces of personal information about oneself on this site which could lead to a true identity being established.

Eash piece of information we drop allows a section of the population to be eliminated.

We start with a UK population of roughly 62 million; I'm still a needle in a haystack, but when we start drilling down using the details I have left on this site we can eliminate:

Females

Males under 40

Males who are retired

Anyone not caucasian

Anyone not born in the UK

Anyone who's not educated to degree level

Anyone without a professional qualification

Anyone who does not live in London

etc etc etc

Suddenly the 62 million distills down to a few thousand, and as each new piece of information is exposed, just like the layers of an onion, my true identity becomes closer to being revealed.

It's a sobering thought.

Rayjinbull has spotted me! Damn

I can think of at least one guy that I've seen (an absolute prat and very famous) that I would dearly love to drop in it and talk about, but of course thats something you just can't do. Yes Polly your right, it can be hard sometimes, especially if your like me and tend to put your mouth into action before you put your brain into gear.

The other thing I used to do on forums in the early days, was give too much of myself away (open book me with no secrets, what you see is what get). That was a hard lesson learnt because its not the done thing apparently and no matter what you say, or how you say it your opinions and thoughts will be different to others and someone somewhere won't like it.

I still tend to let my mouth run away with me at times, but these days I just don't dwell on it if I get it wrong.

Still wish I could talk about that prat in public though :angry::(

On a similar note, some of the comments after are priceless of Daily Mail

My link

My link

I guess we'll be seeing her here before too long!

My link

Investigator Mr Greenstock said: ‘There were prices, charges or donation fees for services on the websites.

‘The reason they are called donation fees is because they cannot offer it as a price list.

‘If you call it a price list it would be prostitution and that is illegal - instead it is called a donation for services.

Yay!

Is this Charles?

Fancy seeing you here..)

Regarding your post, I only joined three days ago so feel pretty cool with what I contribute..)

My link

The most ironic thing is the the copyright message in lower left hand corner of a photography that has clearly been lifted from her website.

Well yes one does have to be careful about revealing too much doesn't one? I used to work in an extremely close knit profession, can't even say how close knit, so mentioning it would not be wise. Which is why I did not answer the thread about professions :P

can't even say how close knit

Would that be "extremely" by any chance ? :blink:

My link

Yes, indeed! The paper (if it rates such a term) perpetuates the old saw that selling sex, per se, is illegal:

Investigator Mr Greenstock said: ‘There were prices, charges or donation fees for services on the websites.

‘The reason they are called donation fees is because they cannot offer it as a price list.

‘If you call it a price list it would be prostitution and that is illegal - instead it is called a donation for services.

‘The list offered was in-call, out-call, couple's rates and ladies rates.’

Will they never learn? Still, I suppose it gives her a possible ground for appeal, if she is struck off, and if she cares. Not unattractive ... I might, er ... (Bloody fool, though, not to pop off to Tesco and buy a pay-as-you-go punting mobile!)

Yes, I have the same difficulty. I dont want to identify where I am mostly based, as I have left quite a few clues along the way,which if linked up could well cause me probs.:( Causes most problems in giving details of WGs I have seen, as I like to help other punters as much as I can.

People don't have to write about stuff on this forum to give too much away. Just Google someone's fairly unique user name and see what it comes up with. :unsure:

In the early days of internet forums I picked a unique user name and used it on 3 or 4 forums I posted on, but then as your post count increases googling this name suddenly reveals "all" your intersts and hobbies. From there it's fairly easy for someone who knows you to put 2 and 2 together in terms of your "known" hobbies or writing style.

That's why I'm Bert on here. That said I could have been just as anonymous by using my real first name as a google search throws up 500 million + results.

People don't have to write about stuff on this forum to give too much away. Just Google someone's fairly unique user name and see what it comes up with. :unsure:

In the early days of internet forums I picked a unique user name and used it on 3 or 4 forums I posted on, but then as your post count increases googling this name suddenly reveals "all" your intersts and hobbies. From there it's fairly easy for someone who knows you to put 2 and 2 together in terms of your "known" hobbies or writing style.

That's why I'm Bert on here. That said I could have been just as anonymous by using my real first name as a google search throws up 500 million + results.

Fair point. I just google my nic and apparently I'm the owner of mature and lesbian sex sites--- yay !!:D

I worked for a known company with a popular product. The opportunities for punting as I was traveling were many. If I wrote that down it would be of great interest. This guy that worked for this company was seeing WG's during work time scandal.

Here I can talk and avoid any of that risk. Maybe one day I'll write is down and reference the company history to make it interesting. Many years from now and anonymously