Reggie

How Do I Delete My Account/profile ?

6 posts in this topic

How do I delete my account/profile ?

I've sent an message to Galahad, but have not had a reply yet.

He may be too busy to get to it at the moment, but wondered how I can delete.

Just killing my tracks until I can get more anonymous, then will probably re-register as a differnt name to be sure !

Thanks

Accounts usually go dormant, it is very rare for them to be deleted.

You can however request a name change, the usual procedure is to check that the new name you want is free (search through existing members to check), then PM a request to Galahad with the request and the new name you want to have. What you will find is that at some point you cannot login with your current name and password, but if you try your new name and current password you will be able to login and start anew (well with a new name). I don't know if G will accept all requests for name changes, but you could try.

I hope that helps.

Edited by TheVicar

Just killing my tracks until I can get more anonymous, then will probably re-register as a differnt name to be sure !

Thanks

You've only made 6 posts, and been on this board for less than a month - how can you feel the need to make yourself annonymous already?? !! :D :D

You've only made 6 posts, and been on this board for less than a month - how can you feel the need to make yourself annonymous already?? !! :D :D

Stop picking on me.

Yours, Ronnie (and Reggie) :P

I think Galahad must be busy, on holiday or in prison at the moment - I posted an FR on Tuesday and it is still waiting approval - normally just contact him for a name change like the rev advised.

Thanks

Even if you account is deleted, some of most information will probably exist a long, long time. That's jsut the internet I'm afraid. I expect LEA, FIS all have a complete mirror of this site for some unspecified future purpose. It must be very tempting to a blackmailer, especially government funded ones.