Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
glasgowspank

Recession And Wg Prices Link?

10 posts in this topic

With the recession going on and everyone struggling for money has anyone noticed a link to WG's prices?

Have the girls being reducing their prices due to low demand as people have less disposable income? Or have they been putting them up due to a lack of customers and trying to squeeze more money out of each punter?

I am new to the scene so can't compare. Would be interesting to find out.

I don't think that prices have changed significantly over the past 18 months or so. They just keep in line with the costs of every other "essential".

With the recession going on and everyone struggling for money has anyone noticed a link to WG's prices?

Have the girls being reducing their prices due to low demand as people have less disposable income? Or have they been putting them up due to a lack of customers and trying to squeeze more money out of each punter?

I am new to the scene so can't compare. Would be interesting to find out.

There have been many threads on this topic in recent months - have a search. I don't notice the prices of many things coming down at the moment and whilst some ladies have reduced prices or offered discounts/special deals, many haven't.

There have been many threads on this topic in recent months - have a search. I don't notice the prices of many things coming down at the moment and whilst some ladies have reduced prices or offered discounts/special deals, many haven't.

It was just a thought that came into my head. Will have a search just now

It was just a thought that came into my head. Will have a search just now

Hi Glasgow,

My experience has been that when the 'Credit Crunch' first started in 2007, there were some ladies, particularly independent part timers, who did reduce their prices and as they were more affordable I went to see them.

However there were many ladies who did not alter prices, other than maybe the odd special offer. I find that now prices are begining to creep up again.

Regards,

davidgood

I dont notice a drop in prices generally although there are girls joining the business all the time and undercutting what they niaevely see as the "competition" .

Personally my prices have not moved up or down recession or boom for an age longer than I care to remember. In that time inflation has taken its toll, especially petrol prices.

so in real terms I suppose you are right. Where fees are concerned staying still is going backwards and actually cutting prices.

Writing this I have just realised not increasing fees in line with inflation year on year is in fact lowering fees

I /we cant keep to the same fees forever and I;m gussing there is a rise just around the corner!.

I dont notice a drop in prices generally although there are girls joining the business all the time and undercutting what they niaevely see as the "competition" .

Personally my prices have not moved up or down recession or boom for an age longer than I care to remember. In that time inflation has taken its toll, especially petrol prices.

so in real terms I suppose you are right. Where fees are concerned staying still is going backwards and actually cutting prices.

Writing this I have just realised not increasing fees in line with inflation year on year is in fact lowering fees

I /we cant keep to the same fees forever and I;m gussing there is a rise just around the corner!.

Like Helen I am very aware that my prices have remained the same for quite some time (apart from the odd "special offer"). I do not think I will be raising them in this economic climate! I'm playing it by ear at the mo.

I have seen price lowering by proxy: WGs haven't lowered their prices but new girls have come in at lower rates and I have noticed most of the girls that were around just a year or two ago are no longer there. New, cheaper girls have taken their place.

At first I thought that this was just because ther market had shrunk and there is a natural turnover in the game, but having been a punter for long enough to know, the rate of turnover since the recession started has definitely been through the roof. Moreover, several girls that I have seen have all said how tough the market is and the downturn in numbers of clients.

Well with the Retail Prices Index being almost 5% currently, you are taking the equivalent of a 5% pay cut over the last year. It could be even more as often one's true rate of inflation can be a few percentage points above the official index.

Makes you wonder though - one lady I have seen for the last 5 years has kept her prices unchanged all that time which must be equivalent to a compounded pay cut of around 20%.

In the south wales/Bristol region, prices seem to have gone up this last few years.

Back in 2007-2008, the prices were generally £50-80, with a few around the £100ph mark, but at the time id never go over £80.

Now, hardly any girls are around £80, virtually none it seems under that (except a few unreliable ones or quick 'bang and go' girls), most are £100-110ph with more and more showing up around the £150ph mark.

Also noticed there doesnt seem to be any advertising on gumtree these days around the south wales area, or at least none that actually reply to emails!