Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pvcman

Microsoft Kinect

5 posts in this topic

Forget about the hype around iPad 2 - apparently the Kinect is the fastest selling gadget ever according to the Guiness Book of world Records - I was surprised...

Anyone got one? Any good?

I'm surprised too! It didn't sell out, it wasn't selling for £1k on eBay. I find that very hard to believe.

I tried it in a shop and you need quite a bit of space for it to work well. I prefer to sit down when playing games. For me gaming is about relaxing, not jumping about waving your arms around.

The novelty wears off quick. My brother got one as a christmas present, I doubt he's played it since christmas day!

I'm surprised too! It didn't sell out, it wasn't selling for £1k on eBay. I find that very hard to believe.

I tried it in a shop and you need quite a bit of space for it to work well. I prefer to sit down when playing games. For me gaming is about relaxing, not jumping about waving your arms around.

As reported by the BBC this week. I guess the reason they weren't selling for inflated prices on ebay was because Microsoft made a lot of them to keep up with demand.

BBC report Kinect is fastest ever selling electronic device

Not surprised, after all its a Microsoft product.. ;) What is more surprising is creative minds across the world, esp. the US hacked the Kinect technology to create their own masterpiece just for fun. Like the ones below:

And my favourite one, piano on the floor!! Talk about pushing the limits...