Soft Touch Bodyworks

Police Visit

42 posts in this topic

After receiving "information" we were visited by the police today

Apparently, someone had told them that "the same thing that happens to Whitney in Eastenders happens there"

After a brief introduction to the ladies and therefore be completely convinced that the ladies

1) were there of their own free will

2) over 18

3) not an obvious drug user

then the police seemed satisfied and went on their way.

I fully understand that the police need to act on such information but you could see from his face that he was pissed off that someone had wasted their time.

Why do people do this sort of thing ?

Arseholes !

:angry::angry:

itll be the competition, i bet

CovPunter is right, probably your local competition although if this is the first Police visit it may be someone else. I gave a girl her marching order recently because she constantly took time off and the excusing were becoming unbelievable. I then received numerous calls and threats from a number and then a knock from the Police. I traced the number and it belonged to her and her address. The Police talked to each girl on the premises and were soon gone. Havent heard anything since.

I wouldnt worry too much, if they had any issues I'm sure they wouldnt have left.

Apparently, someone had told them that "the same thing that happens to Whitney in Eastenders happens there"

After a brief introduction to the ladies and therefore be completely convinced that the ladies

2) over 18

I fully understand that the police need to act on such information but you could see from his face that he was pissed off that someone had wasted their time.

Arseholes !

Ive pmd you also Linzi x

Why don't you treat it as a positive and use it to your advantage.

"We been visited by the police, and all of our girls are adults, not trafficked or drug users!"

Why don't you treat it as a positive and use it to your advantage.

All you bloody need is a change in DCI, to a newly promoted, who wants "to make a mark" and has a wife who thinks itso fatso that "prostitution is violence to women" and the whole thing changes abruptly and your friends come in with a warrant, followed by their friends from NOTW with cameras!

Reform is a must!

All you bloody need is a change in DCI, to a newly promoted, who wants "to make a mark" and has a wife who thinks itso fatso that "prostitution is violence to women" and the whole thing changes abruptly and your friends come in with a warrant, followed by their friends from NOTW with cameras!

Reform is a must!

Very true. To be reliant on the police to continually show discretion cant be a nice feeling.

Reform is a must!

Friend one minute, foe the next and you have no way of telling the difference. And dont expect PACE regulations to come to your defence... do they really exist? or should they really acknowledge that PACE is well and truley overshadowed by POCA these days

Quite sad to see this thread turn against the Police... they were actaully very nice !

It is the Arsehole that thought they would try and be clever in an attempt to cause me trouble that as far as I am concerned should be receiving the bad press.

If it was competiton, then they failed pathetically !

Quite sad to see this thread turn against the Police... they were actaully very nice !

It is the Arsehole that thought they would try and be clever in an attempt to cause me trouble that as far as I am concerned should be receiving the bad press.

If it was competiton, then they failed pathetically !

You never told me Heather was in Eastenders.

Wait, am I missing something?

Are you serious? If you are then with absolutely no personal disrespect intended you need to seriously wake up and smell the shit!

Having been on the receiving end of those very friendly coppers telling you that the girls safety is thier priority and that you should call them immediately if you should have any problems along with statements like... "the sooner brothels are legalised the better it will be for all of us" and "we know it goes on and as long as the place is well run like yours then we really havent a problem with it".

As has already been said you have NO IDEA when things change at the top and for us all it needed was the involvement of a DI to make things come crashing down and where do you think those freindly coppers were then? They werent fighting my corner I can assure you... they were lying through thier back teeth point blank denying the coversations they had. They looked liked idiots on the stand when thier lies started unravelling but things like PACE literally go out the window when POCA is involved.

Perhaps your not familiar with my case and I wont take any offence if you wish to point out the obvious that I was a complete and total idiot for believing a word the police were saying... moron springs to mind but please dont be an idiot and think for one minute your somehow safe because the were "nice" to you.

I dialed 999 when one of our girls called me stating there were two men, they had a gun and there was petrol everywhere. I phoned the other local establishments to warn them as thought we had been robbed to begin with. I went to the police station to support the girl at her request and was asked to make a background statement about the agency to help the police build the "bigger picture".. I was catagorically assured that the information was essential to thier investigation and despite asking on 6 seperate occasions about the information I was giving and the implications it might have for me, was repeatedly told I was not in trouble myself, that the police didnt have a problem with what I was doing, but that the police needed my help if they were to catch those responsible. Sufice to say I was arrested a couple of hours later (while still helping the police) and prosecuted for brothel keeping and money laundering.

Only a week earlier we had had one of those "friendly" visits from plod who point blank told me the girls safety was thier priority... guess who gave evidence against us to show the place was a brothel and do you think she could remember any of the conversations we had had prior? Of course not but she did remember an amount of fabricated conversation that helped the police case against me.

Because of the severity of the origional incident police asked me for the addresses of any properties that could be conected with Cloud 9, assuring me that they had no intention of entering the properties or causing us a nuisance but were seriously concerned for the safety of the girls and the pulbic... within minute of providing the addresses I was arrested and held for 26 hours without questioning!!!

At no point were the police unfriendly, in fact they were incredibly friendly and polite throughout, we chatted about potty training my toddler and how I got into the industry but dont kid yourself... thats thier JOB!!! To put you at ease and make you feel comfortable so that you confide in them and consider them your friends. The officer that took my statement (that I never signed) and offered me all the reassurances even apologised after he arrested me in case I thought he had somehoe miseld me. He admitted apologising on the stand and even admitted in front of the judge that he had considered he had miseld me in providing information I shouldnt have done... do you consider it "nice" of him to have apologised? I can assure you I dont... he might have needed to appease his own conscience but it ment nothing for me as all the evidence he obtained was still considered valid. If I had kept my bloody mouth shut the police didnt have a case against me. They made me promise after promise, implied I would be irresponsible if I didnt help them as peoples lives were at risk but didnt think twice about using ALL the evidence I gave them against me.

I consider myself an absolute idiot. It has been said many times on here before that if you enter the industry then you should be fully aware of the consequences and I will also accept full responsibility for being one of those idiots that never thought it would happen to me. Honesty has gotten me absolutely NOWHERE. We did everything right, no drugs, no illegals, no coersion... our reputation was excellant... in fact even the police would admit the business was about as legal as an illegal business could be but dont kid yourself that that makes the blindest bit of difference in the end.

Im sorry to rant at you but it terifies me when I read statements like yours above. Your running an ILLEGAL business, you and I might not have a problem with it but the LAW does. One day the police might be your friends but your a fool if you think that friendship is genuine and will be there to protect you. You have NO IDEA when things could change and your putting yourself at risk if you take your position for granted... cover your arse, dont be an idiot like I was.

Edited by SashaB

Yes I am serious !

Just because something happened to you does NOT mean it will happen to me !

I am fully aware of the business I am running and have been for the last 16 years !

Do NOT expect others to have the same attitude as you and do NOT attempt to push your views onto me !

This was a thread that I started to indicate my unhappiness at some arsehole trying to cause me trouble... I certainly do not appreciate someone else possibly causing me trouble simply because THEY had issues in the past !

How exactly are you "covering my arse" ?

YOU were clearly under the impression you were ok, this is a delusion that I have never suffered from !

And I hope to god it doesnt but your kidding yourself if you think it couldnt. Thats a risk you take but you should always be conscious of the reality of the situation

Do NOT expect others to have the same attitude as you and do NOT attempt to push your views onto me !

Forgive me if you felt I was pushing my views onto you, you have obviously taken objection to what I said. I wont hide that Im passionate about the subject but it wasnt my intention to upset you. As I already said it frightens me when I read statements like yours as thats what i believed and its NOT the case. Think they are your friends all you like but anyone who really deals with the police would tell you NEVER trust a copper. I find that such a sad fact but its still true.

This was a thread that I started to indicate my unhappiness at some arsehole trying to cause me trouble... I certainly do not appreciate someone else possibly causing me trouble simply because THEY had issues in the past !

I obviously missed something here as I wasnt looking to cause you any trouble, quite the opposite in fact. As far as your starting the thread thats as maybe but as you have pointed out you have been in the industry 16 years and its an industry your obviously familiar with. Competitor issues are part of the industry (IF thats what your problem was) and if your not looking for input or other peoples opinion then I find it strange you would air your dirty laundry in public?

How exactly are you "covering my arse" ?

Unless I mistyped I never said I was covering your arse... I said you should cover your arse. Protect yourself and be cautious but if you cant take friendly advice (albeit a bit passionate) then thats your problem, not mine.

YOU were clearly under the impression you were ok, this is a delusion that I have never suffered from !

And good luck to you.

Edited by SashaB

If you look for them, my case is anything but unique

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/8892207.Mums_made___13k_running_city_brothel/

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/crime/s/1335523_untouchable_brothel_madam_faces_jail

I hope your freindly coppers stay that way. IMO the police should be treated with kid gloves... but you obviously know that already

Have you any idea of the history behind those cases ?

They were targetted for NO other reason than being a brothel ?

IMO the police should be treated with kid gloves...

And do you think by going onto a public message board and attacking them in the way you have is dong that, do you ?

I would say that it is more evident that you are treating them with contempt, perhaps you may feel that it is justified in the way you have been treated,but as I stated above, its not a view that I hold. Whether that would change in the furture remains to be seen

Have you any idea of the history behind those cases?

I dont no, I havent taken that much interest tbh, what I do know from personal experience and having my eyes opened is that there doesnt always have to be "other" mitigating circumstances to lead to a prosecution. Im really not sure why you have taken such an objectionable view but your obviously happy in your bubble and as I said good luck to you, its a nice place to be. Most would be well aware of thier position and that of the police and wouldnt be daft enough to think they were untouchable because of a friendly chat with a copper. All I did was question your view that coppers were "nice" people... they may well be freindly, they may well be very nice people on the face of it and even in real life but they still have a job to do. Thier job is to enforce the law and when your the one breaking it it seems crazy to me that you would talk as if these people were your friends. We will just have to agree to disagree on that one.

I dont no, I havent taken that much interest tbh, what I do know from personal experience and having my eyes opened is that there doesnt always have to be "other" mitigating circumstances to lead to a prosecution. Im really not sure why you have taken such an objectionable view but your obviously happy in your bubble and as I said good luck to you, its a nice place to be. Most would be well aware of thier position and that of the police and wouldnt be daft enough to think they were untouchable because of a friendly chat with a copper. All I did was question your view that coppers were "nice" people... they may well be freindly, they may well be very nice people on the face of it and even in real life but they still have a job to do. Thier job is to enforce the law and when your the one breaking it it seems crazy to me that you would talk as if these people were your friends. We will just have to agree to disagree on that one.

That was your interpretation.

I have NEVER considered myself to be untouchable, this is a mistake that the person in the headline you linked to clearly made, I am not in any bubble so please do not keep accusing me of being so, it is this type of thing that I take offence to ! You don't know me or anything about me to come to a conclusion anywhere near one that would justify you doing so!

As I stated, my gripe was with the person who alledged that we we doing the same as what was in the current Eastenders line, which is what I was taking exception to and this was the so called "airing of dirty laundry". If it was the competiton who instigated this, then the thread was meant as a note to show how pathetic their attempt was.

My thread was NEVER an attack on how the police handled it.

I appreciate that you may be passionate due to your recent history but that does STILL not mean that I will share your thoughts, views or opinions.

I have mine, you have yours. At no point have I accused you of anything nor have I jumped to any incorrect conclusion about you, so I would be grateful if you would refrain from trying to do so with me.

As I stated, my gripe was with the person who alledged that we we doing the same as what was in the current Eastenders line, which is what I was taking exception to and this was the so called "airing of dirty laundry". If it was the competiton who instigated this, then the thread was meant as a note to show how pathetic their attempt was.

Do you have an active Violence Against Women group spouting it's poison in your area, or any other groups wishing to see the disruption and abolition of prostitution ?

I have NEVER considered myself to be untouchable, this is a mistake that the person in the headline you linked to clearly made, I am not in any bubble so please do not keep accusing me of being so

I obviously misunderstood you. Seriously though, as I said I really meant no personal offence and stressed that from the outset. I dont know you and you dont know me. I consider that I have learnt a lot over the last 18 months and fully accept I was incredibly nieve; stupid infact given what happened. I consider myself an idealist and living in an idealists world believe womens safety should be a priority, sadly imo its not the priority it should be... otherwise everyone would be able to freely report the robberies and attacks that happen every day up and down the country but they dont. It seriously concerns me when I read statements about the police like yours for no other reason than I would hate for ANYONE to go through what we have gone through because they believed they were in some sort of position of trust with the police. The police arent there to be your friend, they are there to do a job... today thier job was one thing, tomorrow it could be another and there is no way of knowing what job they are doing and when. Its nothing new the police turning against the industry but as you have stated, your well aware of that. Personally I like to learn from my mistakes and in the ideal world I consider it even better if you can learn from other peoples. Again it was my mistake thinking that knowing about my case might in any way help you.

The last post by SashaB was the most accurate, the police are there to do a job. That job can change by the minute dependant on so many factors -

1. Government directives

2. Policing targets.

3. Local crime figures

4. Other crime influences

Plus a hundred one other things including police boredom, a canteen 'bet', internal arrest competitions, promotion application requirements, the menstrual cycle of a police dog, arrest snooker etc etc

Do not try and second guess the police, you won't. Don't take the word of a police officer, you want a guarantee ask for it to be noted in his/her pocket note book and makes sure it's counter signed by you, them and their colleague. Get a visit from a police officer or group and they leave giving you the nod then ask for this from the highest ranking officer at the scene. Why? Because they have just walked away from a crime scene without fulfilling their duty.

I know this as I was one for 11 years. I don't trust them now and there were many colleagues I didn't trust when I was 'job' myself. If a police officer is running an informant for bigger fish and you get put on a plate by the grass then forget any previous visits or 'friendly policemen' you may have met in the past. I know there is a lot of police informants in this industry who stay in business by grassing up competition with shit like what happened to 'STBW', but one day they'll get burned like all grasses do when they've expired their worth. Not worth be a grass and they are despised by everyone, including the police who have a habit of revealing their identities when they are binned.

If you're suspicious of sudden police interest and god forbid get a collar then make sure your defence team ask if there is an active informant involved in the case. The police will drop the prosecution rather than reveal the identity of an active informant. Unless it's a high profile, murder, armed robbery or terrorism when the grass may give evidence and then go into the witness protection scheme. That will not happen for this kind of thing.

If you have a visit. Note it, make sure the police note it in front of you then call your solicitor to inform them of said visit and what was said, regardless of whether any action was taken or not.

If you have a visit. Note it, make sure the police note it in front of you then call your solicitor to inform them of said visit and what was said, regardless of whether any action was taken or not.

Even better, record the meeting then you have evidence of what was said and discussed.

So how often does this happen, and have you been "done".

2) over 18

Arseholes !

Please excuse my ignorance but I don't know Whitney or what happened to her since I have'nt watched an episode from East Enders since the late 80's and don't intend to even again.

2) over 18

Arseholes !

just guess work but my hunch is that someone may have experianced a bad punt on your premises=unsatisfied punter with blunt axe to grind