Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zzzorro

Ross Kemp On Trafficking

33 posts in this topic

Just watching a recording of Ross Kemp's 5th program in the extreme World series on Sky 1. In the program he visits an "upmarket brothel in central London" where some frosty faced policewoman asks an East European young lady if she has access to her passport, and asks her to ring her if she wants to talk to her about forced prostitution. I recognised the place easily.

It therefore seems the police are well aware of how these places operate, and provided they do not use trafficked WGs, they allow them to continue. Common sense at last. I welcome such an approach, and the fact that the WGs are checked for trafficking. Much better to have this approach, than underground places where who knows what illicit activities go un-noticed.

If there is evidence of trafficking I would hope the police would follow it up but judging by the way they are "investigating" the phone tapping by NOTW I have my doubts.

In his report he says '75% of traffiked people are women, and 90% are forced to become prostitutes.'

'70% of the women In the UK sex Industry are foreign, many of whome have been traffiked here.'

Then he says,

'There are 30,000 women In England & Wales Involved In the off street sex Industry, and almost half of those come from outside the UK.'

Hang on he said before 70% of the women were foreign. :unsure:

'5,000 female foreign sex workers In London, 65% have been traffiked as sex slaves.'

How does Ross come up with these figures, where has his research come from?

I'm not saying no women are coerced and traffiked, as the programe showed, there are still some scumbags pimping some of these girls, but It's by no means common practice, that this programe seemed to show.

In his report he says '75% of traffiked people are women, and 90% are forced to become prostitutes.'

'70% of the women In the UK sex Industry are foreign, many of whome have been traffiked here.'

Then he says,

'There are 30,000 women In England & Wales Involved In the off street sex Industry, and almost half of those come from outside the UK.'

'5,000 female foreign sex workers In London, 65% have been traffiked as sex slaves.'

I'm not saying no women are coerced and traffiked, as the programe showed, there are still some scumbags pimping some of these girls, but It's by no means common practice, that this programe seemed to show.

The figures are a work of fiction by the look of them. Operations Pentameters 1 and 2 found very few trafficked WGs thank god and there was a figure of 4000 trafficked WGs used as facts by some of HHs lot when discussing the 2009 act.

Yes the figures are total fiction, as usual the media try to potray that no woman would work as a prostitute by their own free will. And didn't even mention the women who are traffiked of their own will, not every traffiked person Is a victim.

There was also a quote from an Irish sounding lady saying that the worst providers of trafficked ladies are Nigeria, China, and Lithuania. Apparently the Nigerian ones are very hard to find, as they seem to operate in establishments which are well hidden.

RK interviewed a Romanian trafficker in prison who said that WGs were like footballs, just a commodity to buy and sell and use. He had no guilt over his crime of turning his "fiancee" into a prostitute in Italy, then went back to Romania to get 2 or 3 more, while he had a wife and child back home in Romania. While RK was interviewing him he just laughed and smiled, having ruined several ladies lives. This is the type of lowlife that needs to be found, stopped and punished, not the likes of SashaB.

operate in establishments which are well hidden.

How do punters find them? Seems a contradiction to me but yes this low life needs exposing and punishing

How do punters find them? Seems a contradiction to me but yes this low life needs exposing and punishing

It refers to a ethnic minority group, example Nigerians bringing In Nigerian girls to service the local group, they would not be advertised to non Nigerians, so It makes It a lot harder for the Police to locate these girls If they're coerced.

Then he says,

Im guessing he means 70% of ALL WGs are foreign (including street prostitutes). Whereas only half of 'off street' WGs (parlours, agencies, indies, etc) are foreign.

Then he says,

One of the women he spoke to did say though that the majority of trafficked women are done so by people from the same country as them and that the target clients are from that same country also. Let's face it, that mean's we will never see them, hear of them or even know of their existance as we are not of those nationality's.

I "THINK" she said the number 1 country women are trafficked from was Nigeria, secondly China, thirdly Lithuania. These poor women are clearly kept a close secret from the general punting population. 4th most trafficked is Thai.x

It refers to a ethnic minority group, example Nigerians bringing In Nigerian girls to service the local group, they would not be advertised to non Nigerians, so It makes It a lot harder for the Police to locate these girls If they're coerced.

As I see you already said lol. Missed this post.x

I sincerely hope that if someone reading this board DOES know how to find them he DOES NOT post or pm. Its is not that they are only wanting to service their own countrymen,its just another way of scum protecting scum.

I sincerely hope that if someone reading this board DOES know how to find them he DOES NOT post or pm. Its is not that they are only wanting to service their own countrymen,its just another way of scum protecting scum.

As we know this sort of closed business Is difficult for the Police to get Into, but I thought It was hard for a Nigerian to get a UK Visa.

I've liked Ross's Docs on Afghan In the past, just a shame he didn't balance this programe.

As we know this sort of closed business Is difficult for the Police to get Into, but I thought It was hard for a Nigerian to get a UK Visa.

I've liked Ross's Docs on Afghan In the past, just a shame he didn't balance this programe.

I don't think the programme in Afghan was balanced. Didn't see him sitting with the Taliban, getting in the way of their operation much either.

The figures he mentioned seemed very high and probably just to sensationalise the program, if his figures were anything like the numbers he mentioned there would be a high number of prosecutions for trafficking, it is rare that you read about such prosecutions in the papers and bearing in mind it is something they would like to report it is reasonable to assume that the prosecutions do not happen (in reasonable or large numbers) as the problem is nowhere near as great as they make out.

Trafficking was part of the agenda of a few members of the last government, as it made good press for them to raise their profile and in reality it was a winner with voters as no one (apart from traffickers who probably don't vote) would against the law dealing with the criminals.

I don't think the programme in Afghan was balanced. Didn't see him sitting with the Taliban, getting in the way of their operation much either.

Yes good point, but If Ross had met the Taliban he may of ended up losing his head. :o

Ignoring the sensationalism of the numbers, what I find hardest to fathom is the fact that there is such a high demand to "use" these trafficked ladies.

What sort of scumbag wants to have sex with a woman who is clearly frightened, unhappy, unwilling and has signs of beatings. However there must be loads or the traffickers would not find it profitable to keep bringing these women over. A very sad state of affairs.

Ignoring the sensationalism of the numbers, what I find hardest to fathom is the fact that there is such a high demand to "use" these trafficked ladies.

What sort of scumbag wants to have sex with a woman who is clearly frightened, unhappy, unwilling and has signs of beatings. However there must be loads or the traffickers would not find it profitable to keep bringing these women over. A very sad state of affairs.

I wonder how any of us have been with a trafficked oriental without knowing it.

I know I have not seen any trafficked Nigerians or Lithuanians, but Chinese and Thais, I am not so sure. How the hell do you check? You don't, you have to rely on instinct, and when large quantities of your blood are being pumped away from your brain, you do not think clearly at times of the appointment.

The figures he mentioned seemed very high and probably just to sensationalise the program, if his figures were anything like the numbers he mentioned there would be a high number of prosecutions for trafficking, it is rare that you read about such prosecutions in the papers and bearing in mind it is something they would like to report it is reasonable to assume that the prosecutions do not happen (in reasonable or large numbers) as the problem is nowhere near as great as they make out.

Trafficking was part of the agenda of a few members of the last government, as it made good press for them to raise their profile and in reality it was a winner with voters as no one (apart from traffickers who probably don't vote) would against the law dealing with the criminals.

But that is half the problem, it is easier for most of us to say that the figures are sensationalised to salve our concsience, but as the communities are so closed to outsiders how can we say for sure, what if the numbers are that high, what if is an awful thing to contemplate but we just do not know...it could be true.

The police readily admit that when it comes to trafficking they only scratch the surface despite all the man hours that I am sure they put into it.

The police do check on masseuses. I know of two masseuses very local to Edgware who have had police checking on them to make sure that they are not trafficked or providing too exotic services.

Nice work if you can get it.

How would you go about infiltrating a Nigerian trafficking ring? Much the same way as infiltrating a paedophile ring. You have to find out how they communicate, and then infiltrate that communication.

But that is half the problem, it is easier for most of us to say that the figures are sensationalised to salve our concsience, but as the communities are so closed to outsiders how can we say for sure, what if the numbers are that high, what if is an awful thing to contemplate but we just do not know...it could be true.

The police readily admit that when it comes to trafficking they only scratch the surface despite all the man hours that I am sure they put into it.

If communities are closed from the Police and other elementrs of normal life in the uk then it could be said that they can't expect the same level of help as people who involve themselves and integrate, you can't pick and choose parts of a culture if you are in the country and not integrated then that will have it's positives (perceived) and it's negatives, it's not a perfect world and as such it is impossible to resolve all problems, Perhaps tighter border controls and ID cards may assist in the fight against crime, in whatever format it manifests itself.

My view is that if trafficking was anywhere near the numbers suggested and with the political weight behind the huge police manpower, the relatively low conviction rate indicates that the problem is exagerated.

I wonder how any of us have been with a trafficked oriental without knowing it.

I know I have not seen any trafficked Nigerians or Lithuanians, but Chinese and Thais, I am not so sure. How the hell do you check? You don't, you have to rely on instinct, and when large quantities of your blood are being pumped away from your brain, you do not think clearly at times of the appointment.

I agree, all we have unless we are told directly by the lady that she has been trafficked which has never happened in all my punting experiences, and is being forced to prostitute herself is our instinct. If you know she is being forced and have sex with her anyway you have no conscience or humanity in my opinion.

As i discovered on my Bond thread last year some ladies voluntarily agree to be trafficked in order to get a better life once the bond is repaid, they arent being forced but have been trafficked, they wouldnt want to be "rescued" as this might well lead to deportation and back to square one or worse, having their original traffickers or associates after her and her family. If she were to get sick and not be able to work once over here i shudder to think what becomes of her though.

I agree, all we have unless we are told directly by the lady that she has been trafficked which has never happened in all my punting experiences, and is being forced to prostitute herself is our instinct. If you know she is being forced and have sex with her anyway you have no conscience or humanity in my opinion.

As i discovered on my Bond thread last year some ladies voluntarily agree to be trafficked in order to get a better life once the bond is repaid, they arent being forced but have been trafficked, they wouldnt want to be "rescued" as this might well lead to deportation and back to square one or worse, having their original traffickers or associates after her and her family. If she were to get sick and not be able to work once over here i shudder to think what becomes of her though.

Quite true when we talk about 'Traffiked ladies' we should make the distinction between those who are coerced and forced Into It, and those who sign up to be traffiked to Europe and pay off a bond like many of the Thai girls do. Something many of these programes Including this one fail to explain.

If communities are closed from the Police and other elementrs of normal life in the uk then it could be said that they can't expect the same level of help as people who involve themselves and integrate, you can't pick and choose parts of a culture if you are in the country and not integrated then that will have it's positives (perceived) and it's negatives, it's not a perfect world and as such it is impossible to resolve all problems, Perhaps tighter border controls and ID cards may assist in the fight against crime, in whatever format it manifests itself.

My view is that if trafficking was anywhere near the numbers suggested and with the political weight behind the huge police manpower, the relatively low conviction rate indicates that the problem is exagerated.

If a woman has been trafficked into these communities she isnt part of the fact its closed, she needs the same help as any other trafficked woman. It must be hard to infiltrate such communities but the police and authorities have a responsibility to do so in my view. There are always people willing to break ranks in any community so its not a completely hopeless cause, better to try than do nothing.

This government says it is clamping down on student visas from outside the EU which is one known route trafficked people get here.

The figures Harriet Harridan and her ilk were interested in were the cobbled together 4000 trafficked women when in fact Operations Pentameters 1 and 2 rescued/found 267, 93% ish different.

If the police can infiltrate and find people to speak to and then get the prosecution that's fine, but the point is either they can't or the numbers are exagerated, my view is that it is the numbers exagerated, because more offences would come to light and convictions would follow.