Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smoothballs

North West Parlour Owner Jailed

7 posts in this topic

Good. What right has he got to profit? Leave Brothel owning to women who have worked in the Industry. That is the minimum qualification.

Good. What right has he got to profit? Leave Brothel owning to women who have worked in the Industry. That is the minimum qualification.

Not much of a qualification then, and as for women, often they can be tougher madams than a male counterpart running a brothel.

And of course it is against the law to discriminate on the grounds of sex.

Hmmmm! Yeees!

When a man owns or runs a brothel one automatically, I think, suspects that he was battening on the girls, probably taking freebies and controlling their lives. It doesn't have to be like that!

What intrigues me here is the hypocrisy and double standards of the two Judges:

Look at this other story from the same paper: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/2011/04/02/liverpool-benefits-advisor-who-swindled-27k-in-benefit-fraud-slammed-for-hypocrisy-100252-28445267/

There Judge Gerald Clifton told Power “nothing or nobody would be served by sending you to custody”. All she'd done was to rip Joe Public off for at least £26k.

In the brothel case, Judge Brian Lewis felt it necessary to say : “This is a seedy and squalid business and no-one should forget that. (One wonders what personal experience gives him the right to that opinion?) It is degrading for those involved and demeaning for the women who are effectively victims. (Ho, yus, are they all?) Brothels are illegal in this country and there should be no doubt in the approach of the police and local council or anybody else as to how these things should be approached."

He added: “Brothels cannot be tolerated and anything which amounts to tacit approval should be deprecated by the courts, police and every other authority.”

The brothel keeper, on the other hand, had been paying income tax and VAT! There is no explanation of what criminal property was "concealed" ? Unless the reason why the police stopped their toleration was that the Marooths had taken to fencing in addition to brothel keeping, I'd guess it was simply stashing the takings!

What good will it do to send a man of 62 to jail for (presumably) six months? How much will that cost? What will the girls do now?

Not much of a qualification then, and as for women, often they can be tougher madams than a male counterpart running a brothel.

I agree totally - One parlour I was at yonks ago, was run by a man who was scrupulously fair and never expected, nor gave a hint he was due any 'favours'. Yes, money was given to the house, but it was evident that much of it is was ploughed straight back in by the improvements he made to facilities etc.

On the other hand, I once worked for a female and she was just a nasty piece of work and expoitative (especially of the younger women she had on her books).

Stupid Post of the Year (SPOTY) contender and it's only April.

Stupid Post of the Year (SPOTY) contender and it's only April.

Wooosh, irony by-pass qualifies you for your own award I do think.