Tibbs

Punting After A Cold

11 posts in this topic

I've just developed a cold - it wasn't great over the weekend, but I seem to be getting better now.

I was hoping to see some ladies next week, but I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for how long after my symptoms have gone I should wait before seeing anyone, especially as I love DFK.

I've just developed a cold - it wasn't great over the weekend, but I seem to be getting better now.

I was hoping to see some ladies next week, but I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for how long after my symptoms have gone I should wait before seeing anyone, especially as I love DFK.

up to 2 weeks perhaps http://cold.emedtv.com/common-cold/common-cold-contagious-period.html

my big problem is that if I get a cold I get a cold sore and that is really a no-no as far as punting is concerned.

Perhaps you should listen to your body on this one > If you feel like well enough to perform on a punt and have the urge, then you cannot be that ill ! ;)

Mind you I wouldnt think a runny nose or a cough would go down too well in the room ! :huh:

Perhaps you should listen to your body on this one > If you feel like well enough to perform on a punt and have the urge, then you cannot be that ill ! ;)

Mind you I wouldnt think a runny nose or a cough would go down too well in the room ! :huh:

That's the thing Puntaprima, I feel pretty much fine, but I don't want to pass it onto a WG. Since they don't exactly have sick pay, I don't want my getting my rocks off to cost them a few days' work.

I did read somewhere that WG's tend to become immune to colds etc due to the number of punters they come into contact with. Not sure how true that is.

Nah not imune we just work through them LOL, though deepthroat is a bitch makes you cough loads specially with a dry cough, and breathing gets iffy on the sucky sucky, cause the blocked nostrils.

it's all good though.

Nah not imune we just work through them LOL, though deepthroat is a bitch makes you cough loads specially with a dry cough, and breathing gets iffy on the sucky sucky, cause the blocked nostrils.

it's all good though.

....you must be made of tuffer stuff than us punters ! :lol:

Most colds get around to you somehow, I am a great believer in building up a good immune system and 'getting it over and done with'. Getting the current version of the cold virus could prevent an infection at a later date.

I usually say if you feel ok, then go ahead. If I have a cold I will inform the client at confirmation time, then it's their choice. If I don't feel fit enough to go ahead with the booking then I will cancel. Simple.

I've seen clients who have had colds, when I've been snuffling clients have seen me and quite often the other party has never gone on to develop a cold.

Here's another point - she may have already had that version of virus, in which case your precautions are pointless.

Strange fact is that I have had no colds at all, not even a sniffle, since I started punting last July.

It suprises me as thats a lot of DFK with many WGs who have snogged numerous other punters too.

Perhaps we all build up some sort of punting immunity to the germs ? :blink:

u will catch a cold or virus through your eyes first as they are water based & are the weakest part, nobody walks around in goggles, so the spores are in the air, think of everywhere u go, u dont know how many people have coughed or sneezed there especially if its windy or rainy as the spores will last longer, u are also more infectious before any sympton shows, look at it this way the dot above this i could contain 2 million or more viruses

Edited by lolo

I did read somewhere that WG's tend to become immune to colds etc due to the number of punters they come into contact with. Not sure how true that is.

Not just WGs Teachers Prison officers, shop workers,etc and anyone who has close contact with money or people tend to build up resistance and catch the bugs early on in their dealing with people. There are only 200 something cold virus and once you've had them they don't return. (allegedly)

I remember a case not so long ago, where a wife had "exchanged fluid" with her husband so many times that her Kidney became a perfect match when he needed a transplant. Its amazing how the body can adapt and control itself so maybe it just puts the shutters up when it knows its being exposed to certain viruses.

Edited by Helen Jones