PassionateLover

Hod South Kensington By Car

22 posts in this topic

Can someone advise me if HOD South Kensington is within the London congestion charging zone? and for those that have taken their car, is it easy to find a parking space?

It's not in the congestion zone - it's part of the western extension that was removed earlier this year.

Parking I dont know. It's very close to Gloucester Road and South Kensington tube though.

The Western Congestion charging extension was scrapped from January 2011 so The House of Divine is no longer within the congestion charging zone. With respect to parking, there are pay and dispyay bays in the vacinity and also a managed carpark (which is secure but expensive). You can also park in the nearest Sainsburys (which is free for 2 hours and this limit is not heavily policed) and walk the rest of the way (it's summer after all). If you do park in Sainsburys the car wash guys are outstanding.

Do not under any circumstances park in a residents bay and "hope for the best." The administration in the Royal Borough are ruthless and will fine (60 quid or half an hours schenenigans), clamp or put your car on a low loader and take it away. I've seen it all. They don't care what it is, I've even seen cars on foreign plates with clamps. Their wardens are trained and organised, they travel on scooters for extra efficiency.

The Western Congestion charging extension was scrapped from January 2011 so The House of Divine is no longer within the congestion charging zone. With respect to parking, there are pay and dispyay bays in the vacinity and also a managed carpark (which is secure but expensive). You can also park in the nearest Sainsburys (which is free for 2 hours and this limit is not heavily policed) and walk the rest of the way (it's summer after all). If you do park in Sainsburys the car wash guys are outstanding.

Do not under any circumstances park in a residents bay and "hope for the best." The administration in the Royal Borough are ruthless and will fine (60 quid or half an hours schenenigans), clamp or put your car on a low loader and take it away. I've seen it all. They don't care what it is, I've even seen cars on foreign plates with clamps. Their wardens are trained and organised, they travel on scooters for extra efficiency.

Excellent advice. I've never looked closely as I don't drive in London, but I had the impression that most (if not all) of the spaces in the immediate vicinity were for residents. I'm sure the guvnors will give us a full explanation.

Can someone advise me if HOD South Kensington is within the London congestion charging zone? and for those that have taken their car, is it easy to find a parking space?

There is an open space Car Park on the corner of Queen's Gate &Harrington Road ,within few minutes walk from HOD .

There are always spaces and reasonable . From memory its £3 per hour .

My cousin who is enjoying his retirement days in Palm Springs,CALIF, tells me that this open site used to be a Hotel with one of the Best Clubs in London in the swinging Sixties.

The club was in the Basement ,called Blaizes .

Now i hear that the Iranian Embassy is going to be built there .

Shame ....

There is an open space Car Park on the corner of Queen's Gate &Harrington Road ,within few minutes walk from HOD .

My cousin who is enjoying his retirement days in Palm Springs,CALIF, tells me that this open site used to be a Hotel with one of the Best Clubs in London in the swinging Sixties.

Shame ....

There are few meters on Pay&Display .

I think it works out the same as for the car park above .

Their wardens are trained and organised, they travel on scooters for extra efficiency.

Too right. They are ruthless. If you do get rumbled, rattle off this bylaw regarding unloading...

Private vehicles can stop to load or unload for a maximum of 20 minutes, but only if the items are too bulky or heavy to be carried from an alternative location, otherwise payment is required.

...then claim you have a massive cock.

Shame ....

It is £3 per hour .

http://www.unioncarparks.co.uk/Harrington%20Road%20cp9.html.

www.unioncarparks.co.uk/Harrington Road .

Enjoy.

Hope this works .

www.unioncarparks.co.uk.

Harrington Road .

Shame ....

Yep what he said. Do not park outside, I did in a different car (without resident permit) and got slapped a ticket in less than 3 mins.

Shame ....

As an aside the building we're in used to be the MI5 HQ in the 1920's.

As an aside the building we're in used to be the MI5 HQ in the 1920's.

Hmm. hope u had it properly swept for listening devices then!!!

...then claim you have a massive cock.

But will it stand up in court?

Easy!? Pft. Where do you come from? I live in Kensington and within 2 months of having my first car I'd been ticketed twice (not in this borough - as a resident I can find free parking without breaking too much sweat. Even so, as a Kensington resident I would still opt to take the tube to south ken.

£120 please sir. Not bad for 2 minutes of parking warden time. Ruthless *****. It's in my psyche to be worries about parking.

Hmm. hope u had it properly swept for listening devices then!!!

No but I did find an old umbrella. Upon poking Mrs Divine with the end of said umbrella she promptly collapsed and spent 3 months in intensive care.

not had the pleasure of hod st ken, as yet, but when i do visit i'll probably park the helicoper on an adjacent roof :)

There are few meters on Pay&Display .

I think it works out the same as for the car park above .

Correction .

Pay&Display is 20p per 3 minutes = £4 an hour .If you can find a free one .

Parked today in the said car park (No sexual encounters intended ) and it was £ 3 an hour . So the Car Park is cheaper .

No Problem to find a space according to the warden .

Correction .

Pay&Display is 20p per 3 minutes = £4 an hour .If you can find a free one .

Parked today in the said car park (No sexual encounters intended ) and it was £ 3 an hour . So the Car Park is cheaper .

No Problem to find a space according to the warden .

There is whole different forum for sexual encounters in car parks.

There is whole different forum for sexual encounters in car parks.

if i go to london i park at the end of the tube and get a day travelcard.

no cong charge, no parking fees, no hassle.

there again fortunately i dont go much.

if i go to london i park at the end of the tube and get a day travelcard.

no cong charge, no parking fees, no hassle.

there again fortunately i dont go much.

Good call buddy.

Day travel card for bus and tube - £6 to £10

Driving - fuel costs.. traffic. £10+ on parking. High blood pressure.

No contest in my opinion. If you are very wealthy, take taxis.

Good call buddy.

Day travel card for bus and tube - £6 to £10

Driving - fuel costs.. traffic. £10+ on parking. High blood pressure.

No contest in my opinion. If you are very wealthy, take taxis.

Another option -

Barclays Bikes

Mr D .........Good to see HoD advocating the Green option ...... A Bike option indeed !!

Boris will be pleased

Do you by chance have a Barclays Bikes Docking Station close by HoD ???

Or can we tether our steed to the railings outside ??

or Could we bring our steed into the premises for safe keeping while we dally awhile ??

and would you please look after our helmets for us ?? :rolleyes:

Bike clips too ..or is that pushing it ???