akanostromo

Maps With "street View" Photos

7 posts in this topic

Made a booking with a new one. Not a lot of feedback or reviews but all the rest, website, phone-calls etc seemed OK and anyway to find good ones you have to take a chance now and again.

After my final on the morning confirmation call I got the text with address. Traveling by public transport & foot I checked on Bing Maps to avoid getting lost. Up popped a "street view" interactive and behold it was dogshit ally and a very obvious entrance. Just reeked of the bare minimum sort of place I've walked away from several times in the past.

Did a last hour cancel, BUT this time BEFORE I had spent 45 mins getting there. Also she had an hour to take another booking.

She may have been OK but been there often enough and one can always try again another day!

You may have lost out, I have punted in some dodgy areas and had some great punts, if you are that worried just go during the day, you can always walk if something is not right when you see her.

It may be she just wanted a cheap place to work out of and unfortunately cheap + nice area do not always go together.

You may have lost out, I have punted in some dodgy areas and had some great punts, if you are that worried just go during the day, you can always walk if something is not right when you see her.

It may be she just wanted a cheap place to work out of and unfortunately cheap + nice area do not always go together.

Absolutely. If the Street view pop-up had not been there I might have had a wonderful time, but once it had today I just didn't feel like going down that route

So the area wasn't posh enough, you don't like slumbing it then? :)

So the area wasn't posh enough, you don't like slumbing it then? :)

Too right!

Done enough of that - like a bit of comfort and ambiance these days.

Also as with theatre, it's a little about the suspension of disbelief; hard to achieve with a splintered door frame and just a bed in a bare room

They do say you should never judge a book by its cover ! :)

Hasn't a tatty book quite often got soiled and shabby run down contents tho .? I must admit i'm quite reluctant to carry out a punt in a run down area but slighty in a wg defense they do tend to move around alot so i suppose they can often not select the most desirable of areas all the time