Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
starman

France Ban Paying For Sex?

10 posts in this topic

http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-france/2011/03/30/01016-20110330ARTFIG00366-bachelot-souhaite-punir-les-clients-des-prostituees.php

If your French is rusty here's a Google translation of the first two paragraphs :

Inspired in part of the Swedish model, a law for penalizing customers should soon be presented to the Assembly. The minister hopes of an application from 2012.

For Roselyne Bachelot, there’s no doubt: it must penalize the clients of prostitutes. In an interview published Wednesday in Le Parisien, the Minister of Solidarity and Social Cohesion reported that the information mission of the National Assembly on prostitution – consisting of UMP and PS – will soon propose a bill up in meaning, which could be voted on in 2012. The minister in charge of the fight against violence against women, intends to defend it.

If Ms Bachelot’s bill goes through the two houses of the French parliament, a similar law will come in to being in France as of 2012

The article in Le Parisien

http://www.leparisien.fr/societe/bachelot-il-faut-punir-les-clients-des-prostituees-30-03-2011-1384587.php?xtor=EREC-109

I thought we just paid for the time, and that anything else was................

http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-france/2011/03/30/01016-20110330ARTFIG00366-bachelot-souhaite-punir-les-clients-des-prostituees.php

If your French is rusty here's a Google translation of the first two paragraphs :

Inspired in part of the Swedish model, a law for penalizing customers should soon be presented to the Assembly. The minister hopes of an application from 2012.

For Roselyne Bachelot, there’s no doubt: it must penalize the clients of prostitutes. In an interview published Wednesday in Le Parisien, the Minister of Solidarity and Social Cohesion reported that the information mission of the National Assembly on prostitution – consisting of UMP and PS – will soon propose a bill up in meaning, which could be voted on in 2012. The minister in charge of the fight against violence against women, intends to defend it.

If Ms Bachelot’s bill goes through the two houses of the French parliament, a similar law will come in to being in France as of 2012

http://www.leparisien.fr/societe/bachelot-il-faut-punir-les-clients-des-prostituees-30-03-2011-1384587.php?xtor=EREC-109

Never tried punting anywhere in France other than Paris, but the scene there is so dreadfull that I honestly can't see any reason to worry about the effects of this law if it should come in. I've only ever punted at the Boulevard St Denis & Boulevard Sebastopol, and it was okay a few years ago, but now I wouldn't even waste my time. There are far better things to do in Paris. By contrast, Belgium has a much better attitude to paid sex, I'd be worried if the Belgian, or even Dutch governments were contemplating these kinds of changes.

Well,

I've been reading through the comments in Le Parisien the vast majority of which are against the proposal. A phone in radio program showed 70% of the participants were against prosecuting clients. It also appears that Mme Bachelot made a fool of herself by ordering far too many flu vaccines during the avian flu scare.

Well,

I've been reading through the comments in Le Parisien the vast majority of which are against the proposal. A phone in radio program showed 70% of the participants were against prosecuting clients. It also appears that Mme Bachelot made a fool of herself by ordering far too many flu vaccines during the avian flu scare.

It was long ago that Nicolas Sarkozy was considering legalising brothels in France.

Looking at Bachelot's biography it was interesting to find 'as a result of her determined efforts in the area of women’s rights, she was chosen to head the Observatory for Gender Parity when it was established in 1995, a position she held until 1998' Looking further into OGP, they have links with Violence Against Women and she's singing from the same hymn sheet.

Bit of a farce really as you always pay , and French women are the most mercenary materialistic bitches on earth.

I thought we just paid for the time, and that anything else was................

You do Ray and don't let the judge tell you anything different.

You do Ray and don't let the judge tell you anything different.

If he's married appearing in court suspected of would bad enough, a conviction isn't necessary

besides blackmail, robbery and getting ripped of is a bigger risk then being cought by the police with the pants down...

Edited by starman