pjmphil

Thia Holiday Budget

21 posts in this topic

How much does it cost on a average to spend 2 weeks in Thailand, incl flights,hotels, food and and course punting

>How much does it cost on a average to spend 2 weeks in Thailand, incl flights,hotels, food and and course punting

It depends wher eyou fly from, wjhere you stay, how much you eat, and how much you shag.

Last year, 2 weeks cost me

flight - £500 - business return

Hotel - Hilton £200

food - mostly free

punting - £100 / night

under £1000.

How much does it cost on a average to spend 2 weeks in Thailand, incl flights,hotels, food and and course punting

This is a good question and also difficult to answer. I am in Bangkok rite now and all I know is that I have spent far more than I intended 2 :huh::(

You will spend more in Bangkok than in Pattyhaha. Places like Phuket and Koh Samui far less because the punting is so bad in comparison.

On a tite-ass/lunatic scale of 1-10 where 10 is fully-fledged lunatic, I would give myself a 5/6 when sober but 8/9 when ratassed. If you dont drink alcohol you are already saving a lotta dosh

So here we a go-go for a typical day in BKK (prices in baht). You can save dosh by getting freelancers for 1500 ven even 1000 or bar beer gals for 500 + 1500 but you may find you are compromising quality

Hotel : 1000

3 meals n snax : 750

Barfine : 600

ST a go-go : 2000

Lady drinks : 750

Transportation n other shite : 150

So about 5250 a day. Multiply by 13 assuming that 1 day will be spent on a plane coming back

69,000 baht = 1400 squid approx

add 500 squid for plane and you are pretty close to 2000 squid

Edited by Furyogaijin

Depends how much you want to spend, If It's your first time you will probably want to budget In more, as your likely to pay more.

Where are you planning on staying, Bkk, Pattaya, Phuket? How much do you want to pay for a hotel? I can find a room In Patts for about a tenner a night, but some guys pay a lot more.

How much of a drinker are you? As drinks In the bars can be expensive, In a beer bar you might pay 70baht for a beer, In a gogo that could be double, the exchange rate Is under 50b=£1 at the moment. Also how much sex you want, you might only do one Longtime a night, or less, or you could do a couple of Shorttimes during the day plus a LT at night.

So It's hard to say exactly, you don't want to go on holiday and be constantly penny pinching, but unlike some 2 week millionaires don't go throwing your money about.

If I was staying In Pattaya I could pay daily,

800b for a decent room,

1x short time at soi 6 500b+300b barfine

1x longtime 1,000b to 2,000b + a barfine between 300b-800b

Or Instead wait for the freelancers and pay 1,000b LT

Food depends If you want to eat, If you only eat expensive western food or you eat thai style on the street.

Booze, depends how much you like a drink, manys a time I'd had a good drink, but If you drink to much, many girls wont want to go with you, or you might pick up a ladyboy! Also depends how many ladydrinks your gona buy, some newbies fall for the trick of buying a drink for every girl who asks, and their sister and friends and mamasan, soon adds up!

>How much does it cost on a average to spend 2 weeks in Thailand, incl flights,hotels, food and and course punting

It depends wher eyou fly from, wjhere you stay, how much you eat, and how much you shag.

Hotel - Hilton £200

food - mostly free

punting - £100 / night

under £1000.

I would love to know how you got a Business class flight for £500.

I fly out on the 28th for 29 nights in Thailand and the Philippines. My budget is....

Flight £500

Hotels (average £20 a night) £580

Spending £125 a day for punting/food/drink/other

I fly out on the 28th for 29 nights in Thailand and the Philippines. My budget is....

Flight £500

I had 2 weeks at the Hardrock hotel in Pataya and the hotel alone was 800 pounds. Pig class flights about 550 pounds, One fuck a day another 400 pounds plus 100 barfines. Food is cheap and I don't drink alcohol. All in all, not much change from 2500.

Flight £500

£125 x 29 = £3741 + £500 + £580 = £4821 total

for 29 punts 29 that's £166 a punt

I had 2 weeks at the Hardrock hotel in Pataya and the hotel alone was 800 pounds. Pig class flights about 550 pounds, One fuck a day another 400 pounds plus 100 barfines. Food is cheap and I don't drink alcohol. All in all, not much change from 2500.

£2500 for 14 nights / punts = £178 a punt

OK, I've not been to Thailand myself (yet) but I haven't quite convinced myself it's good value for money. I don't mean as in the cost of a punt as, yes, it is obviously cheaper over there but not when you start to add on the costs of hotels, flights and other anciliary expenses.

I only tend to punt maybe 3 times a month or less and tend to average 30 punts a year. This frequency more than satisfies me and keeps the demons away so to speak so blowing a years punting budget in 2 or 3 weeks don't really make sense.

I can afford to go to Thailand if I want and I do enjoy warm climates but to go there solely for a punt-fest to shag someone every day for 14 days or more on the trot doesn't seem to make economic sense. I know when costs of overnight punts are compared Thailand comes out tops but an hour with a nice local girl more than does the trick for me.

I will go before long I'm sure but value for money wise I still think punting at home where the girls at least speak your own language represents better value overall.

I'm not criticising those that go to Thailand, I'm kinda pointing out that it maybe isn't my thing.

You are missing a vital point. It is also a holiday.

I went to Ibiza in my younger days when I was a little slimmer and a little better looking. 2 weeks cost £600 for flight and hotel. I spent about £3k as well. I got 3 shags on that trip, now that is expensive.

Thailand is great as an alround destination. Girls, weather, sights to see etc etc

Also your assessment of £166 a punt is misleading. It is £166 per overnighter. That puts it into perspective.

You are missing a vital point. It is also a holiday.

I went to Ibiza in my younger days when I was a little slimmer and a little better looking. 2 weeks cost £600 for flight and hotel. I spent about £3k as well. I got 3 shags on that trip, now that is expensive.

Thailand is great as an alround destination. Girls, weather, sights to see etc etc

Also your assessment of £166 a punt is misleading. It is £166 per overnighter. That puts it into perspective.

Oh yes ! the reason I would go to Thailand is for the holiday, the sights , the food, the weather etc etc ( and the sex !! ) The former items would probably mean more to me than 24/7 availability of girls.

Oh yes ! the reason I would go to Thailand is for the holiday, the sights , the food, the weather etc etc ( and the sex !! ) The former items would probably mean more to me than 24/7 availability of girls.

Yeah I just go there to Inspect Siamese architecture, I must say I've seen some great curves. :)

No point adding all your sums up, £X per punt, unless you go to LOS you have no Idea.

Where from, what airline and when please?

Hotel - Hilton £200

food - mostly free

punting - £100 / night

under £1000.

Mmmmm

Business flight at that price means you work in the industry so not realistic.

Hilton at £15 night again could only be a hugely discounted industry offer.

Free food....same as above

Punting at £100 night is at least twice the going rate.

All in all no help whatsoever.

Hotel - Hilton £200

food - mostly free

punting - £100 / night

under £1000.

You travelled business class for 500 and stayed in Hilton for 2 weeks at a cost of 200? Who is your travel agent? Do share please.

Ate for free? Hope you weren't pinching it.

I apologise in advance if this is in the wrong place as I'm advocating 'staying at home'. I've read all of these and it seems to me that in sheer punting VFM you're better off in London. OK that's great for those of us who are here or within reasonable commuting distance but there's better quality. I figure that the cost of a flight alone gets me 4 X ST at one of the top London agencies. OK the weather's not the same - take a sunbed. There are some great Thai restaurants in London, well almost everywhere. There's not a financially sensible alternative for LT and all sorts of differences but I reckon I could have a good week in London with top class dates and still be in pocket.

Any others concur?

That said I am heading off to the Land of Smiles in December. Seems like a long time away but I'll get a bit of practice in with some of the Thai ladies who serve the capital so well - check the other threads ... e.g Aishainvasian, AEL, 007 etc.

Pedro

I apologise in advance if this is in the wrong place as I'm advocating 'staying at home'. I've read all of these and it seems to me that in sheer punting VFM you're better off in London. OK that's great for those of us who are here or within reasonable commuting distance but there's better quality. I figure that the cost of a flight alone gets me 4 X ST at one of the top London agencies. OK the weather's not the same - take a sunbed. There are some great Thai restaurants in London, well almost everywhere. There's not a financially sensible alternative for LT and all sorts of differences but I reckon I could have a good week in London with top class dates and still be in pocket.

Any others concur?

That said I am heading off to the Land of Smiles in December. Seems like a long time away but I'll get a bit of practice in with some of the Thai ladies who serve the capital so well - check the other threads ... e.g Aishainvasian, AEL, 007 etc.

Pedro

Ok If you did calculate your whole budget In Thailand It wouldn't come out cheap, but I've managed to spend as much In a week In Germany as 2 weeks In Pattaya.

I agree London Is a good city to visit, for tourism and punting, but you just can't compare punting In Europe to LOS.

Flight £500

Business in this case, is army transport.

Business in this case, is army transport.

The army don't have transports, the RAF do though, and since HK was handed over the nearest they normally fly to Bkk Is Brunei.

Members of the armed services can get discounts on certain airlines

A signalman is the rank they used to give for the US navy chappies specializing in the use of electronic communication equipment

Not sure about 5* hotel discounts though but our man's original post is misleading for all us civvies :(

Members of the armed services can get discounts on certain airlines

A signalman is the rank they used to give for the US navy chappies specializing in the use of electronic communication equipment

Not sure about 5* hotel discounts though but our man's original post is misleading for all us civvies :(

Plus it didn't add up...

Hotel - Hilton £200

food - mostly free

punting - £100 / night

under £1000.

That's at least 1700 the way I read it, and some of those numbers seem a bit odd.

Edited by SoapyTitWank

Depends on when you go, which city and standard of accommodation and women that you like.

I have been 3 times in Oct/Nov. Flights between £500 and £750 on Eva from London, once on super economy and other 2 on economy. Super was worth the extra in terms of space/drink and food.

Good hotel is £30 in Patts and £40 in BKK. Girls £20 to £50 per night. Drinks & food an extra £20 per night with an occasional bender costing £35/£40. Eat local food.

Great value, particularly given the sheer experience of women chasing you/playing with you and the occasional freebie.

Did not believe it when people said that it would change my life, but it has. Thinking seriously about moving out there permanently.

Peter

Good hotel is £30 in Patts

You can get a good hotel for 800 baht (£16)

http://www.queenvicpattaya.com/

http://www.metro-apartments-pattaya.com/

Did not believe it when people said that it would change my life, but it has.

Yep, it has that effect.

On my last trip, I did 29 nights. 23 in Thailand and 6 in Angeles City. I spent £490 on the airfare and £3300 spending (includes hotels).