Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Strawberry

How To Win Friends And Influence People

7 posts in this topic

My GUM clinic has a policy of not phoning with results unless there is a problem. I had some bloods taken approximately two weeks ago. Today I received a phone call from a local number in my 'work' phone. A female voice spoke, always a bit of a worrying thing female using my work number. She then said it was the health worker from GUM, and for a millisecond I relaxed. Next automatic thought was that I must have a positive result for them to be phoning me. The next sentence seemed to take forever as she slowly read out "HIV negative, Syphillis negative, Hep B immunity high". A couple of years back there was an incident during my Hep B vaccination course, where the lab didn't text immunity. Since they only phone if something flags up, it wasn't highlighted until the health worker read my notes some months later. In the meantime I'd assumed I must have full immunity since I'd had the prescribed course. It wasn't and because of the boo boo that particular health worker said she'd make sure she rang me each time in future - because it was important I was kept updated. Anyway last couple of times I was told now everything had settled down, so they would be going back to 'no news is good news policy'.

So obviously for a moment I was obviously quite alarmed. <_< . Thank goodness there was nothing to worry about though!

My GUM clinic has a policy of not phoning with results unless there is a problem. I had some bloods taken approximately two weeks ago. Today I received a phone call from a local number in my 'work' phone. A female voice spoke, always a bit of a worrying thing female using my work number. She then said it was the health worker from GUM, and for a millisecond I relaxed. Next automatic thought was that I must have a positive result for them to be phoning me. The next sentence seemed to take forever as she slowly read out "HIV negative, Syphillis negative, Hep B immunity high". A couple of years back there was an incident during my Hep B vaccination course, where the lab didn't text immunity. Since they only phone if something flags up, it wasn't highlighted until the health worker read my notes some months later. In the meantime I'd assumed I must have full immunity since I'd had the prescribed course. It wasn't and because of the boo boo that particular health worker said she'd make sure she rang me each time in future - because it was important I was kept updated. Anyway last couple of times I was told now everything had settled down, so they would be going back to 'no news is good news policy'.

So obviously for a moment I was obviously quite alarmed. <_< . Thank goodness there was nothing to worry about though!

I had a nightmare at the Gum clinic yesterday. I spent 3 hours there waiting to be tested. I was called in 3 times, and each time I was interviewed followed by being told to go back into the waiting area and I would be called again. Eventually all for the privelege of a throat swab, bloods taken and a swab up my urethra, which I knew was coming, so I was becoming more and more nervous.

Ugh, not a pleasant way to spend an afternoon. Now I have the joy of waiting for the results.... :unsure::(. Still, must be responsible.

I had a nightmare at the Gum clinic yesterday. I spent 3 hours there waiting to be tested. I was called in 3 times, and each time I was interviewed followed by being told to go back into the waiting area and I would be called again. Eventually all for the privelege of a throat swab, bloods taken and a swab up my urethra, which I knew was coming, so I was becoming more and more nervous.

Ugh, not a pleasant way to spend an afternoon. Now I have the joy of waiting for the results.... :unsure::(. Still, must be responsible.

I know that lots of people here have talked highly of NHS GUM clinics but this is one of the reasons I've gone private before. I find waiting for this sort of thing a bit stressful and the last thing I need is to be waiting hanging around for ages.

I know that lots of people here have talked highly of NHS GUM clinics but this is one of the reasons I've gone private before. I find waiting for this sort of thing a bit stressful and the last thing I need is to be waiting hanging around for ages.

Got my results now, and I'm relieved to say I've got the all clear! :D

Also, I've decided that in future I'm going to go to try a different GUM, the Blanche Heriot Unit at St. Peters Hospital. Let's see how that goes...

where do you go for a private one?

how do i find one?

Got my results now, and I'm relieved to say I've got the all clear! :D

Also, I've decided that in future I'm going to go to try a different GUM, the Blanche Heriot Unit at St. Peters Hospital. Let's see how that goes...

Glad to hear it Kayak. :)

where do you go for a private one?

how do i find one?

It's a while since I used it but I visited a clinic near Harley St in Central London - a well known area for expensive doctors, backed up by all the Bentleys parked there!

I searched online and found a few possibles and ended up choosing that one. To be honest, there were a couple of private options nearer to where I live and cheaper but at the time they couldn't fit me in when I wanted.

PM me if you want more details.