Tom333

Receptionists

26 posts in this topic

Just called three agencies, one after the other, to enquire about two girls featured on their websites (the same two girls). "Not sure which one to go for; both look great; can you tell me a bit about them, please?" I was very polite. The three receptionists I spoke to, by contrast, were not. All three receptionists were foreign - Eastern European, I would guess (and female, of course). They were casual, dismissive, disinterested to the point of rudeness. If I wanted to book a girl, fine, they'd do that (I suppose!). But questions bored them. The girls were priced similarly by all thee agencies, so I was just trying to elicit a decent description. The whole thing irritated me and I gave up on both girls, at least for the moment.

Why are agency receptionists so bad mannered? This is not the first time I've experienced that kind of response. Instead of facilitating the client & the girl & the agency by offering a polite, ordinarily courteous service, they provide something that feels abrasive to the man calling up. These receptionists sound as though they don't like what they're doing or the men they're speaking to (I repeat: I was perfectly polite at all times). Instead of writing this little diatribe, I could have been in someone's softly lit bedroom now, to the profit/pleasure of those concerned.

Won't name the 3 agencies - because they're hardly unique in this - but they are all big London agencies and, as far as these things go, reputable & professional enough. Now & again you come across a really nice receptionist - there's one at Bunnies of London, who is lovely - and you think: "why can't they all be like that?" Why can't they all be like that?

Just called three agencies, one after the other, to enquire about two girls featured on their websites (the same two girls). "Not sure which one to go for; both look great; can you tell me a bit about them, please?" I was very polite. The three receptionists I spoke to, by contrast, were not. All three receptionists were foreign - Eastern European, I would guess (and female, of course). They were casual, dismissive, disinterested to the point of rudeness. If I wanted to book a girl, fine, they'd do that (I suppose!). But questions bored them. The girls were priced similarly by all thee agencies, so I was just trying to elicit a decent description. The whole thing irritated me and I gave up on both girls, at least for the moment.

Why are agency receptionists so bad mannered? This is not the first time I've experienced that kind of response. Instead of facilitating the client & the girl & the agency by offering a polite, ordinarily courteous service, they provide something that feels abrasive to the man calling up. These receptionists sound as though they don't like what they're doing or the men they're speaking to (I repeat: I was perfectly polite at all times). Instead of writing this little diatribe, I could have been in someone's softly lit bedroom now, to the profit/pleasure of those concerned.

Won't name the 3 agencies - because they're hardly unique in this - but they are all big London agencies and, as far as these things go, reputable & professional enough. Now & again you come across a really nice receptionist - there's one at Bunnies of London, who is lovely - and you think: "why can't they all be like that?" Why can't they all be like that?

The standard of many receptionists its been my misfortune to speak to over the years is utterly appalling, any smart SP would realise this one individual is crucial and should be friendly to punters, some must alienate potential punters.

What it shows is they get enough punters however they speak to them so dont feel the need to change. Its normally been female receptionists who are rude and downright aggressive, many blatantly lie even though they know once you get to the booking you will discover they have lied, obviously relying on me thinking with my dick and punting anyway and no interest in my repeat custom and when i have complained i was told to "fuck of you cunt" more than once. I wouldnt be surprised if some places give some training on how to be a good liar and take on those with a natural talent at speaking bullshit. This is a downside of not being a regulated industry in my view, they wouldnt get away with it in most other walks of life without any comeback.

On the other hand when i have found honest SPs they get my repeat custom and i appreciate their honesty.

Edited by smiths

I definitely think you should name them . Why not ? You sound very reasonable to me and they dont seem to care !!

One of several baffling phenomena regularly spotted.

The one that used to surprise me even more was that its pretty common practice to completely ignore e-mails. At one time I quite often tried to make first approach by e-mail... its discreet, free, saves time, etc... but soon found out response rate was about 10%. So I gave up... and now nearly always phone.

But other day... decided to contact an upmarket op by e-mail... really because I wanted to try a role play that I thought would take a fair while to explain on phone. So carefully composed e-mail (without going into details role play might have shocked a few vicars wives... but I doubt it)... said this is what I want... what's the cost? I reckon it would have taken about 5 mins work to establish cost, and reply.... and it would (if cost struck me as halfway reasonable)... have led to a confirmed booking.

What other industry passes up sales revenue of hundreds of pounds for sake of replying to an e-mail? And why put e-mail address on adverts if you then ignore all enquiries? I still don't understand it... but now accept its something that has to be managed around.

The lack of email replies does piss me off!!

I agree the receptionists for Bunnies of London are great. I have also spoken to friendly receptionists at Agency Touch Of Class (when I called to confirm on the day she seemed genuinely delighted to hear from me!), UK Sugar Babes, and Agency Allure. Generally I find receptionists good enough. Some are a bit perfunctory but Max's Angels' receptionists are the only ones I have ever found hostile.

Incidentally, contrary to your "female, of course" comment, I have spoken to male receptionists at Anna's Angels, EAT-City and Saucy London. They were all more workmanlike than friendly but I have no complaints about them.

ATOC have been great on the 2 occasions I used them.

Defunct London Seduction was best!!! Even gave personal No so I could text as more discreet.

I agree the receptionists for Bunnies of London are great.

Sadly, Chrissie has just retired from reception duties at Bunnies. :( The end of an era.

Gemma is still there, so the family tradition of being the best receptionists in London continues. :)

Hi Tom,

You're not wrong there! I had a similar escapade last night and it pissed me off to the point of giving up! The best advice I can give is, if they have a bad attitude don't bother!

Arnold

Sadly, Chrissie has just retired from reception duties at Bunnies. :( The end of an era.

Gemma is still there, so the family tradition of being the best receptionists in London continues. :)

Thats a matter of opinion.

Some of the nicest people I know (can I call them "friends"?) are receptionists. Another area in which House of Divine (and its offspring) have led the industry.

Some of the nicest people I know (can I call them "friends"?) are receptionists. Another area in which House of Divine (and its offspring) have led the industry.

Unfortunately not my experience when trying to book a WG through them, she was actually working elsewhere that day as i know because i punted with her their despite the female receptionist insisting she was at HOD that day. Total bullshit which if i had believed it would of involved a 100 mile round trip, as i saw she was "double booked" for the day i rang the other provider who has never lied to me and they confirmed she was definately with them for the day. She told me she was put on HODs rota without her agreement that day and was always going to be working at the other provider. I did discuss this incident with MrDivine on here at the time, he said she had lied to HOD, after speaking to her i didnt believe that.

This wouldnt put me off punting through them as i know from punters i trust and having punted with many WGs past and present they offer work to at other places that they are generally excellent.

As to leading the industry who knows, after about 120 separate punts with one SP who has never once lied or misled me i would have no hesitation in saying they lead the industry in my experience, but it all comes down to personal experience of course, HOD and its offspring are certainly good or better as their reputation on here rightly shows. They get minutely scrutinized which is the price they pay for free publicity on here and its rare there is a complaint so that proves there service is top notch.

I agree entirely Trolley. I have always experienced great courtesy from H.O.D. receptionists. They are always very polite, helpful & friendly (just like the ladies who work there). IMHO the best agency in London & certainly the best value for money.

Unfortunately not my experience when trying to book a WG through them, she was actually working elsewhere that day as i know because i punted with her their despite the female receptionist insisting she was at HOD that day. Total bullshit which if i had believed it would of involved a 100 mile round trip, as i saw she was "double booked" for the day i rang the other provider who has never lied to me and they confirmed she was definately with them for the day. She told me she was put on HODs rota without her agreement that day and was always going to be working at the other provider. I did discuss this incident with MrDivine on here at the time, he said she had lied to HOD, after speaking to her i didnt believe that.

This wouldnt put me off punting through them as i know from punters i trust and having punted with many WGs past and present they offer work to at other places that they are generally excellent.

As to leading the industry who knows, after about 120 separate punts with one SP who has never once lied or misled me i would have no hesitation in saying they lead the industry in my experience, but it all comes down to personal experience of course, HOD and its offspring are certainly good or better as their reputation on here rightly shows. They get minutely scrutinized which is the price they pay for free publicity on here and its rare there is a complaint so that proves there service is top notch.

Can I just confirm that the girl in question had indeed told us she was working for us that day. Any girl that works for us will tell you that the rota is checked and double checked daily. The girls give their chosen days on Friday, the days are confirmed on Sunday and then the day before they work they are text for further confirmation. On the morning they are text again asking for confirmation and if we have not heard from them by 9am we start to make other plans. The girl in question had agreed three times that these were her working days, bookings were taken and on the morning she had confirmed she would be in and then her phone was switched off.

We have no reason to ever lie about the rota,we do not need to put girls on that are not arriving as we have girls waiting to cover days so it would be ridiculous for us to take bookings and promote a girl that we knew would not be arriving. Anyone that uses us will know that try our hardest not to mess anyone around which is why we ask people to call after 10am to confirm so we can tell them of any problems before they set off. The girl in question was sacked a few weeks later for being consistently late and unreliable and this whole incident still annoys me because at no time were we lying we were working with the information given to us by the girl herself just the same as we do every day of the year.

While having a punt the other day the receptionist was having an almighty shouting match on the phone, spoilt my visit as the WG was upset by it, I shall pick another day when the receptionists has some manners and social skills.

Can I just confirm that the girl in question had indeed told us she was working for us that day. Any girl that works for us will tell you that the rota is checked and double checked daily. The girls give their chosen days on Friday, the days are confirmed on Sunday and then the day before they work they are text for further confirmation. On the morning they are text again asking for confirmation and if we have not heard from them by 9am we start to make other plans. The girl in question had agreed three times that these were her working days, bookings were taken and on the morning she had confirmed she would be in and then her phone was switched off.

We have no reason to ever lie about the rota,we do not need to put girls on that are not arriving as we have girls waiting to cover days so it would be ridiculous for us to take bookings and promote a girl that we knew would not be arriving. Anyone that uses us will know that try our hardest not to mess anyone around which is why we ask people to call after 10am to confirm so we can tell them of any problems before they set off. The girl in question was sacked a few weeks later for being consistently late and unreliable and this whole incident still annoys me because at no time were we lying we were working with the information given to us by the girl herself just the same as we do every day of the year.

To be frank as i told MrDivine at the time its your job to manage those you offer work to, all i see from some Establishments is blaming the WG and accepting no responsibility themselves. I have no way apart from what you tell me in knowing as to whether this particular WG did tell you she would be working for you or not, but i spoke to her in person and believed her, nothing you can say will change what i believe here. I had punted with her a number of times by this time and she come across as genuine to me.

On the day in question the lady at your place who took my call bullshitted me, thats a fact to me and i am not a stupid man please dont try to insult my intelligence telling me there was any other explanation, i simply wont believe it.

A very good punter friend of mine has punted at HOD South Kensington a number of times and has never had anything but top notch service their, that and other punters having the same tells me what you offer is of a very high standard, i have no doubt about this, but the incident i mention was an example of a lying receptionist, sadly a widespread thing in punting in my many years of experience in dealing with them. Its still rare to speak to an honest one, they just throw in the lies and when i arrive to punt discover it was bullshit, this is obviously a big problem and one reason why whenever possible i want to speak to the WG herself, of course she can lie too but at least i have done ALL i can do.

While having a punt the other day the receptionist was having an almighty shouting match on the phone, spoilt my visit as the WG was upset by it, I shall pick another day when the receptionists has some manners and social skills.

I hope you dont have to wait too long JKay but if my experiences are anything to go by you might have to be patient. :)

Hi

Sorry to hear about your experience

All our receptionists are English which is quite rare for our type of Agency. We often get calls from customers who say that they called another agency and could not get any questions answered.

Maybe the receptionists you spoke to were busy and did not have time to talk but even so there is no excuse for rudeness though.

We try to have as much info on our site and will refer customers back there if there questions is clearly answered on site but are always happy to discuss any other requirements.

Hi

Sorry to hear about your experience

All our receptionists are English which is quite rare for our type of Agency. We often get calls from customers who say that they called another agency and could not get any questions answered.

Maybe the receptionists you spoke to were busy and did not have time to talk but even so there is no excuse for rudeness though.

We try to have as much info on our site and will refer customers back there if there questions is clearly answered on site but are always happy to discuss any other requirements.

The receptionists nationality is neither here nor there in my experience, i have had Brits blatantly lie as well as people with foreign accents. In fact the biggest bullshitter of them all that its been my misfortune to speak to is a Brit, he couldnt tell the truth if his life depended on it, he lied so much he forgot he had used the same lie three times. He had no thought of return custom that i could detect, a one-off punt by lying was his method, and a WG is a woman what difference does it make if its a different woman to the one advertised on his site. All the difference in the world punting wise to me.

Edited by smiths

Just try the receptionists at my doctor's,their man purposes seems to be stopping you seeing a doctor, especially at a time that is convenient for you, even if you give several days notice.

Edited by mike52

ATOC have been great on the 2 occasions I used them.

Defunct London Seduction was best!!! Even gave personal No so I could text as more discreet.

I've had numerous long conversations (I mean really long) with ATOC receptionists as if we were some kind of close friends. Gemma & Maya, both German and apparently have similar voice...

Just try the receptionists at my doctor's,their man purposes seems to be stopping you seeing a doctor, especially at a time that is convenient for you, even if you give several days notice.

I have the same problem at my doctors surgery, dentists, chiropodists, actually anything medically linked, tradesmen, accountant, tax advisor, solicitor, surveyor, estate agent and local councils. Unless i put a rocket up their arse they all work at a snails pace.

Edited by smiths

ATOC? Association of train operating companies?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Train_Operating_Companies

Agency Touch of Class out of London,

My experience, Gemma and Maya at ATOC have been nothing but but friendly and helpful when I've spoken to them both by email and on the phone, James at Anna's is also top rate, everyone else has generally been polite and businesslike, the only really bad experience with receptionists I've had was Olina's which came as a surprise to me since they seem to be quite highly rated around here.

Great to see we are doing a good job, very sad to lose Chrissy but we do have some fantastic new replacements! :)

x x x