Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arnoldstrong

My Official Retirement

20 posts in this topic

Dear all,

It is with my deepest regret that I announce my retirement from the paying for 'it' world.

Through out my punting years Punter net has been a friend, a guide and most of all a reassurance of the fact that I am not the only one with this special hobbie. The abundance of posts proves this fact. My hat is off to the creator of Punter Net, you sir are indeed a genius! I would also like to thank everyone who posts field reports, without them we would be lost. My final thank you goes out to all the girls that made me feel special throughout my punting career.

I first started punting in 2002 just after my 21st birthday and have had some great times and some bad, the great times outweighing the bad ten fold. Today In the afternoon I went for a punt and the girl was fantastic, full of enthusiasm and couldn't get enough of me; however, my heart was just not in it. Something inside me has changed, I seem to have lost the drive and enthusiasm that used to be a thing I took for granted. The thrill of going to a place and being able to pick the dream girl from a bunch of other dream girls used to fascinate me, but now it is just a common occurrence. I have been doing this for nine years and feel that it is time to stop. Maybe one day I will return, but until then I wish you all the best and hope that your punting continues to be great! I plan to still read the board and post occasionally, and who knows one day, maybe I'll be back!

"Enthusiasm is the mother of effort, and without it nothing great was ever achieved."

Yours retired,

Arnold

All the best Arnold, see you in 6 months when you "un-retire" (only joking).

P.S. Before you go, can I have the name and number of that last girl you saw :D ?

Thanks Nortwinds,

Where abouts are you located? If you are in England I don't think you will be able to see this girl!

So melodramatic. Why the need to retire, let alone announce it in public? If, for whatever reason you've had enough, stop. When you decide you're ready to start again, start. Why do you think I want to know? Or is your valedictory address simply an exercise in self importance? I often reach a point where I think "enough" and once or twice I've thought about penning a similar retirement announcement. But I've always concluded "who the fuck would be interested in that?" As far as I can see there is absolutely no point stopping except for personal reasons, and personal reasons should be just that...personal. See ya.

(I realise the style of this post is somewhat terse and maybe even inflammatory, but the underlying point is genuine.)

Sounds like the OP is in a rut. I've just come out of one, feeling the same, good women but no buzz and feeling it was just "run of the mill". However i was lucky enough to take a chance with a new girl and my spark has come back. Seen her twice in a week. No need to retire, just take a break, you'll soon feel like a punt again.

So melodramatic. Why the need to retire, let alone announce it in public? If, for whatever reason you've had enough, stop. When you decide you're ready to start again, start. Why do you think I want to know? Or is your valedictory address simply an exercise in self importance? I often reach a point where I think "enough" and once or twice I've thought about penning a similar retirement announcement. But I've always concluded "who the fuck would be interested in that?" As far as I can see there is absolutely no point stopping except for personal reasons, and personal reasons should be just that...personal. See ya.

(I realise the style of this post is somewhat terse and maybe even inflammatory, but the underlying point is genuine.)

The post is more of a thank you one rather than a self delusion of grandeur. If you're not interested and really don't want to know I suggest, next time, you don't read the clearly marked RETIREMENT thread. Anyway, it really doesn't matter, I just have a tendency to write how I feel and if it's interesting then cool, if not fuck it!

Is there a Wedgwood plate or something similar to mark this official retirement and/or more importantly counselling for the girls ? I'm sorry to be flippant Arnold and I hope you get plenty of satisfying sex in your retirement.

Is there a Wedgwood plate or something similar to mark this official retirement and/or more importantly counselling for the girls ? I'm sorry to be flippant Arnold and I hope you get plenty of satisfying sex in your retirement.

You know that TV ad where the woman can't take in what the Insurance Salesman's saying because the 'Feng Shui' is wrong - well I'm like that when I read something full of spelling mistakes and other errors - I just can't take in what the text is actually about.

I know it's my problem but did I miss anything!

The post is more of a thank you one rather than a self delusion of grandeur. If you're not interested and really don't want to know I suggest, next time, you don't read the clearly marked RETIREMENT thread. Anyway, it really doesn't matter, I just have a tendency to write how I feel and if it's interesting then cool, if not fuck it!

No disrespect Arnold but even if you don't have any illusions of grandeur, it does sound a tad melodramatic... when you start with 'It is with my deepest regret that I announce my retirement.'

I can't help thinking we will soon be having a column in The Times for punter retirements alongside all the obituaries of the great and the good! ;)

You know that TV ad where the woman can't take in what the Insurance Salesman's saying because the 'Feng Shui' is wrong - well I'm like that when I read something full of spelling mistakes and other errors - I just can't take in what the text is actually about.

errors?

let me rewrite it for you in a way in which you can understand.

Punting, fucked some beautiful girls, but now I quit!

I understand why people feel the need to make such "public" pronouncements; there is evidence that doing so strengthens your resolve to stick to the declaration you have made. Examples are weddings and WeightWatchers.

Dear all,

It is with my deepest regret that I announce my retirement from the paying for 'it' world.

Through out my punting years Punter net has been a friend, a guide and most of all a reassurance of the fact that I am not the only one with this special hobbie. The abundance of posts proves this fact. My hat is off to the creator of Punter Net, you sir are indeed a genius! I would also like to thank everyone who posts field reports, without them we would be lost. My final thank you goes out to all the girls that made me feel special throughout my punting career.

I first started punting in 2002 just after my 21st birthday and have had some great times and some bad, the great times outweighing the bad ten fold. Today In the afternoon I went for a punt and the girl was fantastic, full of enthusiasm and couldn't get enough of me; however, my heart was just not in it. Something inside me has changed, I seem to have lost the drive and enthusiasm that used to be a thing I took for granted. The thrill of going to a place and being able to pick the dream girl from a bunch of other dream girls used to fascinate me, but now it is just a common occurrence. I have been doing this for nine years and feel that it is time to stop. Maybe one day I will return, but until then I wish you all the best and hope that your punting continues to be great! I plan to still read the board and post occasionally, and who knows one day, maybe I'll be back!

"Enthusiasm is the mother of effort, and without it nothing great was ever achieved."

I've retired every month for over 20 years.

Yours retired,

Arnold

Well I found it interesting. I could not care less for the motive behind the post. Its interesting coming from someone so young to be giving up on punting when the sex drive is normally so strong. My punting journey has been about discovery, learning, and a desire to experience all the many different females on the planet. Something a tiny sample of females could never have given me. So does the OP feel he has learnt everything about the female sexual response? Has he experienced every possible type of female? every possible sexual experience? what is he going to do now? Settle down and get married? Never lust after a different female again? Fall so deeply in love with a single female that all others become insignificant?

My punting journey has been about discovery, learning, and a desire to experience all the many different females on the planet. Something a tiny sample of females could never have given me. So does the OP feel he has learnt everything about the female sexual response? Has he experienced every possible type of female? every possible sexual experience? what is he going to do now? Settle down and get married? Never lust after a different female again? Fall so deeply in love with a single female that all others become insignificant?

Oh God, more pretentious drivel. I think the OP has already said it quite brilliantly, so to remind you: "Punting, fucked some beautiful girls, but now I quit!" Not all of us go for paid sex in the expectation that mind-warping self analysis and arrival at the gates of self-understanding will follow. There's a reason it's sometimes known as "come and go".

Well I found it interesting. I could not care less for the motive behind the post. Its interesting coming from someone so young to be giving up on punting when the sex drive is normally so strong. My punting journey has been about discovery, learning, and a desire to experience all the many different females on the planet. Something a tiny sample of females could never have given me. So does the OP feel he has learnt everything about the female sexual response? Has he experienced every possible type of female? every possible sexual experience? what is he going to do now? Settle down and get married? Never lust after a different female again? Fall so deeply in love with a single female that all others become insignificant?

The bottom line is that it just isn't exciting anymore. I could go on and on about why it isn't, but I don't want to be accused of being melodramatic(again) so I'll leave it at that! I didn't want my post to cause any conflicts or harsh words, actually I wanted to convey my thoughts and see what advice you lot could give me.

It can be a very difficult hobby to give up. Even when you know you are getting nothing out of it, and walking away from each punt a little more unhappier than the last time.

An announcement like this can help some people get the support they need to walk away. He will draw strength from the replies [i hope].

He may also be able to stay away longer if he's announced it as he may feel just a tad silly if he returned a week later... [ wouldn't he?]

There are many who are stuck in the same rut but do not have the strength to walk away. It's like an addiction. Forever seeking the next high.

Good on you Mr Strong.

It can be a very difficult hobby to give up. Even when you know you are getting nothing out of it, and walking away from each punt a little more unhappier than the last time.

An announcement like this can help some people get the support they need to walk away. He will draw strength from the replies [i hope].

He may also be able to stay away longer if he's announced it as he may feel just a tad silly if he returned a week later... [ wouldn't he?]

There are many who are stuck in the same rut but do not have the strength to walk away. It's like an addiction. Forever seeking the next high.

Good on you Mr Strong.

Thank you Jasmin, incidentally I looked at your website and all I can say is WOW, I might start punting again!

Good on you Mr Strong.

Sorry, but I think this is rubbish. At best, a cliche-ridden viewpoint that shows little evidence of original thought. "A difficult hobby to give up"? Well, yes, like heroin, smoking, and anything else one might enjoy enough to find addictive. But to the best of my knowledge, nobody anywhere was ever helped in giving up an addiction by writing pompous and self-serving rejoinders to a bulletin board. And if, indeed, you are getting nothing out of it and walking away from each punt a little less happy than the one before then, really, it shouldn't be too hard to give up, should it, even without resorting to grandiose farewells penned on an Internet BBS.

"An announcement like this can help you get support". Huh? The majority of posts here are, at best, indifferent to the OP because most of us have seen or heard it all before and we know such announcements are, well, bollocks. People who write announcements that begin like this one did want...wait for it...not help, but to be the centre of attention. Who else, after all, starts a thread solely to talk about themselves? Doesn't sound to me like the action a man who wants help; more like a man who wants to feel important and validated. I don't think he'll draw strength from the replies but if there are enough of them, he'll certainly feel satisfied.

"Stuck in a rut without the strength to walk away". If walking away from shagging WGs for a hobby is something he finds impossible, I really hope he never faces a serious challenge in his "real" life. The man needs to front up and cut bait, FFS. This thread is just silly, as the first sentence of his "retirement announcement" makes clear. And to think, I thought at first it was written tongue in cheek.