cimman

Can I Get Arrested

11 posts in this topic

can i get arrested for visiting a flat where 2 girls work one seems to man the phones whilst the other sees the client depending on clients choice!!

can i get arrested for visiting a flat where 2 girls work one seems to man the phones whilst the other sees the client depending on clients choice!!

It's not a criminal offence to visit a prostitute in a brothel.

The only danger is if either one or both of them is subject to exploitative conduct (as defined in section 53A Sexual Offences Act 2003).

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2009/26/section/14

NO, but they can take your fingerprints / dna under other leglislation.

No they can't. Please let me know what this legislation is you're referring to, as I'd be very interested to see where you're coming from.

You can only have your DNA taken if you're arrested for a recordable offence. Even that's under attack from Civil Liberties organisations etc.

Fingerprints is a bit more potentially ambiguous. They can't take your fingerprints and record them with your name (unless you're arrested). But if you don't have any ID on you and they think you might be a "wrong'un", then they can use a roadside machine or take you to the station to check your fingerprints and confirm who you are. But if you're not on the database, and therefore not a criminal, nothing will be stored. It's just fingerprint comparision to see if you're known to them....not the same as "taking" your fingerprints.

Edited by punter992005

Only if you're arrested for or charged with a recordable offence - ( sections 61 and 63 PACE 1984).

Surprisingly (to me anyway) the new section 53A offence isn't yet a recordable offence, and the indications are that it won't be at any time in the near future.

Only if you're arrested for or charged with a recordable offence - ( sections 61 and 63 PACE 1984).

Surprisingly (to me anyway) the new section 53A offence isn't yet a recordable offence, and the indications are that it won't be at any time in the near future.

Interesting to hear the section 53A offence isnt yet a recordable offence. :)

Interesting to hear the section 53A offence isnt yet a recordable offence. :)

So, you can be arrested for participating in legal protests/taking a photo on the south bank/being drunk in a public place, but not charged, and have your DNA on the police database forever, or get arrested and charged for serious offences under section 53A and not get a record/be on the database.

Bonkers.

I assume a recordable generally has to be in relation to a charge which can carry imprisonment (or otherwise specified)?

Such other offences are updated, but with this as new legislation I wonder if eventually it will be added?

That said, as the offence is strict liability, the punishment is limited. I wonder if the general default position is if the offence is strict liability, the default position is it cannot be recordable?

I assume a recordable generally has to be in relation to a charge which can carry imprisonment (or otherwise specified)?

Such other offences are updated, but with this as new legislation I wonder if eventually it will be added?

That said, as the offence is strict liability, the punishment is limited. I wonder if the general default position is if the offence is strict liability, the default position is it cannot be recordable?

As you say, recordable offences are imprisonable offences plus those specified in the Schedule to the The National Police Records (Recordable Offences) Regulations 2000 (as amended. The last amendments were in 2007 by virtue of The National Police Records (Recordable Offences) (Amendment) Regulations 2007.

I've already made the point in the past that kerbcrawling/soliciting is no longer a Recordable Offence. The offence of kerbcrawling was introduced by the Sexual Offences Act 1985. Sections 1 and 2 of that Act were made Recordable Offences by the National Police Records (Recordable Offences) Regulations 2000. The SOA 1985 was repealed by the Policing and Crime Act 2009. That inserted the non-imprisonable offence of Soliciting as section 51A Sexual Offences Act 2003. No new non-imprisonable Recordable Offences have been created since the National Police Records (Recordable Offences) (Amendment) Regulations 2007. So no DNA sample can be taken for the new s.51A offence.

Like you I doubt that the new section 53A offence will ever be added to the list. It seems strange to me that taxi-touting and begging are included but this offence isn't.

No they can't. Please let me know what this legislation is you're referring to, as I'd be very interested to see where you're coming from.

You can only have your DNA taken if you're arrested for a recordable offence. Even that's under attack from Civil Liberties organisations etc.

Fingerprints is a bit more potentially ambiguous. They can't take your fingerprints and record them with your name (unless you're arrested). But if you don't have any ID on you and they think you might be a "wrong'un", then they can use a roadside machine or take you to the station to check your fingerprints and confirm who you are. But if you're not on the database, and therefore not a criminal, nothing will be stored. It's just fingerprint comparision to see if you're known to them....not the same as "taking" your fingerprints.

In the past I've had dealings with the police when I had anti social neighbours, and I had to call the police out a couple of times. On one occasion the policeman said to me(!) that I look familiar, and did I know him, or did he know me! I didn't know him, and there was no reason that I should have, and what I actually think he was doing, was being a bully to me, or at least attempting to intimidate, or manipulate me somehow. Why he would do this I have no idea (seeing as how I was complaining about my anti social neighbours, not the other way around), but I suspect it was a sort of "power play" on his part, and I don't think it's unusual for a policeman to be inclined to want to wield some sort of power over people. On this occasion, of course I was worried that maybe they knew that I was a punter, so I was a bit paranoid, but hopefully didn't show it.

On another occasion, I was cautioned for speeding, and the policeman asked me if I was "known" to them, which of course as far as I knew, I wasn't! Same thing I think.

Welcome to Punternet! A very real, and sincere welcome!

That said, what on earth possessed you to ask this question?

Although this is not very fair on many other participants in the sex-industry, very little that a Punter does is criminal in any way. Stick to reasonable quality parlours, or better yet, stick to British Independant ladies and in England (and still today in Scotland, but for how long .......) and you are 100% safe.

Edited by Irgendeiner