kevin6776

Help Needed

17 posts in this topic

I have a sore penis and when I pull back the foreskin I have white spots on it.Any advice please.

I have a sore penis and when I pull back the foreskin I have white spots on it.Any advice please.

Go to the GUM so the experts can check it out.

Go to the GUM so the experts can check it out.

I did and they said it could be thrush but going to get it checked on Friday.

Yea, it sounds like thrush, also known as a yeast infection. As these things go, it's one of the least dangerous and most treatable ones. Hope that's what it is!

get some canestan from the chemists. will shift thrush. no harm done if not.

I hope it goes well for you. :)

Ah, this is something right up my street, Thrush (Candida)is the bain of my life, I only have to be in the same room as a someone who has it for all hell to happen(well not quit that bad!)to make it worse my GF gets it...Getting Thrush is easy to sort out, its a fungal infection like Atheletes foot, if you get it in the groin you can even use the foot treatment powders if you dont fancy asking at the chemists, Canistan cream is also good but they will ask what its for as the type for ladies is different.

When you go for your test they will also test for Diabetses (sorry my spellin!) as it can be an indication, but dont worry, now the interesting bit about your (and mine) symptoms is that not only can you get Thrush (Candida) but you can also be alergic to it and thats what I am! What ever you do is not to go search the sypmtoms on the net but to visit the GUM, it realy is a doddle and they are so kind and thoughtfull, they will give you a wide range of tests including taking a blood sample and a swab from your Japs eye, yes it stings a bit but its over in a split second, oh and drink some water so you can give a sample.

They will ask questions about your sexual history, but its all about helping you, not passing judgement, their care of you will be just the same however truthfull you are.

You should be out in about 40 minutes with a free (large tube) of ointment and instructions, the most important part before using the ointment is to wash the old fella (no not your dad) in a luke warm solution of salted water, they sugested something like a jam jar with as much salt that can be dissolved, believe me this works to reduce the redness and swelling (also good for dental treaments, but best use a fresh jar) Once the symptoms have gone continue treatment as advised on tube then put it in a safe place for future attacks.

Good luck!

Well I went to my local hospital today and they said I should still get the tests tomorrow and I got the cream and I put it on the spots and one starting bleeding.Also when it goes I can still have sex and OWO.Thanks.

Edited by kevin6776

And one last thing should I tell the next wg I see that I had thrush.

The cream don't seem to be working and the sore is hurting more and the spots look a bit like lumps and I am having trouble getting to the area because of my foreskin and the pain.Help please.

The cream don't seem to be working and the sore is hurting more and the spots look a bit like lumps and I am having trouble getting to the area because of my foreskin and the pain.Help please.

The GUM clinic should have the results for Thrush,(Candida) before you leave the building, its an easy test. Its not an STD, you can get it without sexual contact.

Are you using the salt water solution? this will reduce swealing a huge amount, do it 3 times a day or more, dry it completely and apply fresh ointment. You need to pull back the foreskin fully, wash, dip in salt solution, dry fully, apply ointment(lots) then role back the forskin into position, did they not explain all this at the clinic?

The GUM clinic should have the results for Thrush,(Candida) before you leave the building, its an easy test. Its not an STD, you can get it without sexual contact.

Are you using the salt water solution? this will reduce swealing a huge amount, do it 3 times a day or more, dry it completely and apply fresh ointment. You need to pull back the foreskin fully, wash, dip in salt solution, dry fully, apply ointment(lots) then role back the forskin into position, did they not explain all this at the clinic?

My results are not ready yet and they did not explain anything to me and I can't pull back the foreskin fully but went to a walk in centre today and they said it was a bacterial infection and gave me new cream and I am taking antibiotics.

My results are not ready yet and they did not explain anything to me and I can't pull back the foreskin fully but went to a walk in centre today and they said it was a bacterial infection and gave me new cream and I am taking antibiotics.

I'm confussed, why were your results not ready on the day of your visit, where did you go? was it a GUM clinic? did they not tell you about the salt solution wash?

Sorry to hear that you have been given so little information on what maybe troubling you.

Thrush is a fungal rather than a bacterial infection so I doubt that you would have been given antibiotics for it, although it is possible to take an oral tablet for thrush as well as being give cream this will be typically given in one dose and would not be described as an antibiotic.

As far as I understand initial tests will give an indication of a higher than usual white blood cell count so that it is clear that the body is fighting some kind of infection, further tests are needed on the sample that you gave in order to understand what infection you have and this will take longer to discover, although it shouldn't take too long (some clinics will have the results in 1-3 days, others may take up to 2 weeks), it depends on how efficient the lab attached to the clinic is.

Some clinics can diagnose thrush straight away, others will take longer depending on what lab they are using.

Some men are so sensitive to thrush (JKay has talked about this) that they will display the symptoms of fighting a bacterial infection and so may be treated for it before the actual reason behind the infection comes to light. From what you have said; you either have a combination of thrush and another bacterial infection (probably chlamydia as this is the most common sti) or are highly sensitive to thrush.

As it sounds like you are being treated for both fungal and bacterial infections either the cream and/or the tablets should ensure that your symptoms should be treated very soon. As soon as you are feeling better and have a reliable diagnosis as to what caused your problems, and a medical opinion as to whether you are clear of them then it will be fine to have sex (protected I hope!) and oral without.

Good luck, I hope you feel better once the meds start kicking in.

Edited by MySecretLife

Just a note to add that if you are anywhere near Tunbridge wells, Kent then the GUM clinic at the Kent & Sussex Hospital is first rate, its a small building away from the main Hospital at the bottom of the carpark to the right.

But the bad news is sometime in the near future the Kent & Sussex will become a building site for housing and the whole lot will be moving to the ultra new Hospital at Pembury, but I guess the new GUM will not be hidden away in the carpark, shame.

The thrush has gone but how long after should I leave it before having sex again and I can still have OWO and should I tell the next WG I see that I had thrush.If some one could please answer my questions.

Edited by kevin6776

another way to shift fungal infection is to use unflavoured probiotic yoghurt. the bugs in the yog kill the infection.

(You put the yog on yhour naughty bits, not in your stomach!)