aragorns horn

Who Writes The Best Field Reports On Punternet?

18 posts in this topic

Sorry if asked before...

I always look out for Philippo and his adventures in West London. Writes with panache and joie de vivre!!

bassman - he doesnt do many but usually pretty good B)

I would agree Manmeat, but for the cleverest - Mr Pickwick.

Perhaps we should have some sort of Punternet annual prize for FR writing and that may give some an incentive to be as creative as the author MM. :lol:

I myself, enjoy writing very descriptive reports as I had to write comprehensive reports when I was a spy in another life, so old habits die hard.

Alas, my reports have been labelled as fake by some small minded idiots, and I have been labelled a fantasist because I enjoy to tell the whole truth as I remember it and relive the punt when writing! I write them for my benefit as well as the WGs more than anything else, so I care not whether everyone beleives the content - because the 2 in the room only really know what happened, and if I feel motivated to write about my experience, then its only fair that the WG should benefit !! B)

Man Meat's reports are must reads for me

Perhaps we should have some sort of Punternet annual prize for FR writing and that may give some an incentive to be as creative as the author MM. :lol:

I myself, enjoy writing very descriptive reports as I had to write comprehensive reports when I was a spy in another life, so old habits die hard.

Alas, my reports have been labelled as fake by some small minded idiots, and I have been labelled a fantasist because I enjoy to tell the whole truth as I remember it and relive the punt when writing! I write them for my benefit as well as the WGs more than anything else, so I care not whether everyone beleives the content - because the 2 in the room only really know what happened, and if I feel motivated to write about my experience, then its only fair that the WG should benefit !! B)

Except that one of them has probably forgotten.

Another vote for Manmeat, if you're a fellow fan follow him on Twitter @man_meat.

It will never be me, three FRs written, two withdrawn, one refused. I've given up.

Manmeat in a second. So sad he never saw me while I was working in MK/ HoD :( I would've loved one of his reviews.... sigh....

You can tell when someone does something well as people start to imitate them. This is the case with Man Meat.

Some of his earlier work is truly awe inspiring. Not bad for a Traffic Warden.

Manmeat in a second.

Hmmm! Manmeat, certainly, is a very entertaining read, but how much help does he give to the punter, such as me, having been told "don't call me again" by one of the all time #1 ladies (she misunderstood a posting I made on another board) who is researching with a view to finding another....?

Remember the skater, Curry? The frisson that went round the whole country when he was given 6.0 / 6.0?

I'd give Manmeat a 6.0 for Artistic Impression, but only 4.7 (max) for Technical Merit, I'm afraid!

The best FRs are the ones that give you the most useful tips. I'm very grateful to Puntertim.

MANMEAT & RASCAL55

Linzi

Except that one of them has probably forgotten.

You are correct Mr B...... I do find it difficult to remember them sometimes !! :lol: :lol: B)

I nominate Mr Bloom. Something genuine about the experience he describes always comes through. Always an enjoyable read and stylish. In general the British FRs are superior to TER and other American forums. Wit and humanity in the mongering landscape.

You are correct Mr B...... I do find it difficult to remember them sometimes !! :lol: :lol: B)

Yes indeed, as can be seen from this report:

http://www.punternet.com/frs/fr_view.php?recnum=103353

- doubly embarrassing really, not just for having forgotten, but for feeling driven to write it even though I'd forgotten. Some of us are on a slippery slope.

The most entertaining, manmeat without a doubt.