marksmith

How Well Known Are Parlours?

12 posts in this topic

To non punting folk? For example i punt alot in Sandys in Manchester. Whenever im walking up the road to either branch, i always think everyone knows what im doing there. Both branches are in quite busy areas, have both business properties and residential housing near them, so is it a case of everyone knows what goes on there? Applies to other parlours too that are in similar locations.

It doesnt bother me as much as it used to. I used to get really paranoid about people seeing me enter a parlour, but now i think sod it, and dont care. Just always wondered if you have to be "in the know" to find a parlour, or is it common knowledge these days?

Once started recently and before I got into punting when I saw a place advertising massages I might have joked they offered a lot more if it was down a back alley or had bright signage (thinking bubbles on derby) but inside I was never really sure if they offered more than just a massage. I certainly never guessed how common they were or how man operate from apartments etc. Maybe I was just innocent though...

I use to frequent Cleos when it was in the main street of Wellington, the locals I saw seemed to think it was a hairdressers.

Now in Thailand, hairdressers are just another name for a brothel, so may depend how many Thais saw it.

I visited a parlour in Preston a few weeks back, on the doors either side it said "The brothel is no 21, please do not ring our bell." Another part of town, it said "This is not a brothel anymore, please..."

I'm guessing people that live or work nearby would know, just from gossip/rumours.

Thats why i don't like using parlours, onlookers must think "oh theres another perv". I know i shouldn't care what other people think. But i do :mellow:

I find it almost inconceivable that a parlour as well known as Sandy's wouldn't be the gossip of the local office workers. For years there was a "secret" brothel run from a bar very near where I worked. It was before I punted and I was always amazed how common knowledge it's existence was when the subject came up in the local pub on a Friday lunchtime.

Hmmmm

Whilst I can see why some guys are wary about entering a parlour, to a degree it is less likely to bring attention if it is in business/commercial premises.

However if lots of different guys are going into a residential address I think this can cause more interest <_<

I know some people have been put off by the fact that our entrance is situated between 2 cafes but we actually have a great relationship with both owners and they tend to squash any silliness better than we would lol.

There are guys who actually use the cafes as a cover then dart into our door at the last minute, so in some ways it works to our advantage.

One thing to remember too is parking might be a giveaway.

Sandys is fine, because it has that off road pull in bit in front of the strip of shops. But ones in more residental areas (like eg Abbas Preston) don't have any "natural" parking- for Abbas people used to park really near, which was actually a car park for a community hall- so they had to stick a big fence up.

Parlour addresses are generally quite public anyway these days, so it's hardly a strict secret. Basically, don't assume that no-one will know what you are going in for. Indeed, best thing is, don't care!

I find it almost inconceivable that a parlour as well known as Sandy's wouldn't be the gossip of the local office workers. For years there was a "secret" brothel run from a bar very near where I worked. It was before I punted and I was always amazed how common knowledge it's existence was when the subject came up in the local pub on a Friday lunchtime.

Some places are more discreet than others of course. A party i went to was on an industrial estate and the guys in the unit directly opposite actually shouted "give her one for me" as i walked towards the party unit. I found it funny but i imagine this would of scared some punters off.

Apart from Club Lick in Walthamstow which had a neon tongue as its logo and looked seedy to me, and was/is in Hoe Street which made me laugh when i first got the address, i have found most places to be very discreet including other parties that have lots of punters coming and going, having a flat/apartment within a block is what many have.

All WGs or Establishments should consider their discretion when looking for premises in my opinion. :)

Hmmmm

Whilst I can see why some guys are wary about entering a parlour, to a degree it is less likely to bring attention if it is in business/commercial premises.

However if lots of different guys are going into a residential address I think this can cause more interest <_<

I know some people have been put off by the fact that our entrance is situated between 2 cafes but we actually have a great relationship with both owners and they tend to squash any silliness better than we would lol.

There are guys who actually use the cafes as a cover then dart into our door at the last minute, so in some ways it works to our advantage.

I'd imagine they'd be pretty pleased you're there (moral issues aside of course!). I bet they get a significant trade from your customers, either people looking to waste a bit of time before their booking (if you take specific timed bookings) or people looking to have a sit down afterwards!

Parlours bring untoward attention on themselves, by having bright shopfronts. I think quite a few people nearby do suspect, but who cares? It's not illegal, and the moral beliefs of some uptight and prudish neighbour mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.

It's not illegal

Erm, yes it is...

4 things that are illegal:

Kerb crawling

Keeping a brothel

Pimping

Pandering