Irgendeiner

Trish Godman Isn't Going To Fade Away....

9 posts in this topic

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/politics/marwick-becomes-first-female-presiding-officer-1.1100940

for the story, but, to be brief, we have a pot calling the kettle black, when Trish Godman, she who considers the evidence critically and listens to both sides before making her "mind" up, comments on the "new, improved" Scottish Parliament electing an SNP harridan as speaker:

Former Deputy Presiding Officer Trish Godman summed up Labour fury, saying: “This is totally partisan and demeans a parliament founded on consensus. It is an orchestrated political campaign from the SNP, who have set the wrong tone at the start.

“When you owe your election to political stitch-up, rather than by commanding the confidence of the chamber, it is virtually impossible to be totally impartial.

“Clearly the SNP think they can be judge and jury now. It is shameless stuff and not what the founders of the parliament envisaged.”

Sour grapes from a windbag. Who cares :P

Is this the same Trish Godman who fiddled her expenses to the tune of over £30,000?

Is this the same Trish Godman who fiddled her expenses to the tune of over £30,000?

That's the one

I knew that one of the "Nat West Three" serving time in a Texas prison for a fairly minor* bit of swindling was her son, but I hadn't heard that. Any details available? The expenses fiddlers uncovered by the Torygraph were, I thought, from the cess-pit by the Thames, not Holyrood (except for the Tory McLetchie who claimed all his taxi fares, whether they were on duty, on his own business, or, for, er, um, pleasure)!

* "Minor" that is by City of London standards - I think the three split £1.6 million between them?

Edited by Irgendeiner

I knew that one of the "Nat West Three" serving time in a Texas prison for a fairly minor* bit of swindling was her son, but I hadn't heard that. Any details available? The expenses fiddlers uncovered by the Torygraph were, I thought, from the cess-pit by the Thames, not Holyrood (except for the Tory McLetchie who claimed all his taxi fares, whether they were on duty, on his own business, or, for, er, um, pleasure)!

* "Minor" that is by City of London standards - I think the three split £1.6 million between them?

I think this link sheds a bit of light on it

http://www.heraldscotland.com/the-deputy-presiding-officer-who-charged-the-taxpayer-pound-30-000-for-hotel-bills-1.828556

Edited by Hampton

Personally I wonder if Ms Godman's comments are not actionable. Is she suggesting that Tricia Marwick cannot be trusted to act impartially in her new role? In some ways it seems to make perfect sense that a SNP member was given the role, as it slightly reduices their overall majority, rather than reducing the rump Labour representation even further by removing one of its relatively fewe remaining senior members.

Of the two female SNP candidates I feel that Ms Marwick was by far the preferable, since the other one was a supporter of Ms Godman's now fallen and highly illiberal bill to criminalise the men who pay for legitimate sexual services.

When's Godman facing trial over her fraud?