Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
starman

A Comic Strip About Being A Punter

9 posts in this topic

Very interesting and different a comic strip about punting! I would like to say my first time was nothing like this but in truth that first link made the memories come back! (Especially the moment when I was shaking like a leaf, fumbling with my wallet trying to count the money!)

Interesting article with the author, like his ideas about it being a trade for mutual advantage, but I’m not convinced about the anti marriage bit, I am single but some people are happily married and still enjoy sex (sometimes with EACH OTHER!)

That is actually me in the first three.

Chester Brown, eh? I've read some of his earlier work - used to collect comics quite a bit - and he's pretty oddball and "alternative" but extremely talented, and his autobiographical stuff is often very absorbing. This one's not yet out in the UK, apparently, but might be well worth reading when (if) it does appear. Wikipedia has more info on the book if anyone's interested. I suspect it's probably in shops like Forbidden Planet already, though it might be a bit pricey.

In the interview, one thing struck me and I find it very interesting and impressive: he's "out" as a punter. His close friends and family know about his punting, he's written and published what appears to be a fairly frank book about it and here he is talking to the media. Seems to me that we could probably do with a few more like him (and no, I'm not volunteering).

Definitely looks worth a read :)

Viz had a character called billy punter, based on the idea of billie bunter visiting sex workers. Dont know if it was a one off, or a regular.,cos I dont read viz much.

Viz had a character called billy punter, based on the idea of billie bunter visiting sex workers. Dont know if it was a one off, or a regular.,cos I dont read viz much.

There's a Billie Punter on Punternet too.