wyounger

How And Why Do Wgs Get Into The Business?

28 posts in this topic

I asked an ex-sauna girl who has since become a friend how she started and what made her do it, as she is plainly capable of doing lots of 'normal' jobs. The answer was that she did not want to get into debt with a student loan, and was looking for something which would fit round lectures etc, when she saw an ad in the Evening News for "Sauna Staff". Went to see them and went on from there. During her time at Uni she worked just enough to pay her way, in three Edinburgh places, two under the same management where I first met her, and found her language skills most useful. Once she got a job after graduating she 'retired'.

How and why punters start is obvious. What about the ladies?

I asked an ex-sauna girl who has since become a friend how she started and what made her do it, as she is plainly capable of doing lots of 'normal' jobs. The answer was that she did not want to get into debt with a student loan, and was looking for something which would fit round lectures etc, when she saw an ad in the Evening News for "Sauna Staff". Went to see them and went on from there. During her time at Uni she worked just enough to pay her way, in three Edinburgh places, two under the same management where I first met her, and found her language skills most useful. Once she got a job after graduating she 'retired'.

How and why punters start is obvious. What about the ladies?

Another way of looking at it would be why do so many women who are plainly capable of working as prostitutes knock themselves out for 40+ hours a week to earn a pittance and line somebody elses pockets, when they could be debt-free, completely financially independent and successfully running their own businesses, earning £100+ per hour part time? It's a puzzler, right enough.

Edited by AdorableAmy

?? Sex drive ?? We've got one nearly all the time ,our wifes/gf or partners don't . A wg has a high sex drive and benefits financially from it . No doubt i'll be corrected watch this space .

100+ pounds per hour is pretty much the only reason...2k cash in hand a week and its tax free, also you have a week off per month, its not a bad deal isnt it?

Why? To earn money. How? They call a parlour/agency/etc. and ask for a job. Or they simply place an ad and go indie.

Questions/threads like this always baffle me, as it seems to me they assume that Working Girls are some sort of alien species that have weird motivations or behavioural patterns totally unconnected to the way the rest of us live our daily lives. Most of the girls I know (outside the room) are absolutely, staggeringly, normal.

100+ pounds per hour is pretty much the only reason...2k cash in hand a week and its tax free, also you have a week off per month, its not a bad deal isnt it?

Seems like an exageration to me. From my own observations, ie hardly ever having to wait, and from what my friend and other girls have told me of life in a sauna, there is a lot of waiting around, and very few will get the £2k in hand. As for tax free, nice work if you can get it but the next punter may be a tax man. Typical Edinburgh sauna charge £60 per half hour, girl gets around half, over a shift not likely to get an average of one an hour; good money but plenty of ordinary jobs pay that and more.

Well I rang my accountant to check, but he insists that we are not actually tax exempt, surprising though it may be. You must have us confused with churches :rolleyes:.

While I was on the phone I asked him why he became an accountant, whether he enjoyed the work, how much he earned and how many clients he had and what his partner thought about it all. He told me to bog off and mind my own business and he'd let me know when he'd done my tax return :D.

Why? To earn money. How? They call a parlour/agency/etc. and ask for a job. Or they simply place an ad and go indie.

Questions/threads like this always baffle me, as it seems to me they assume that Working Girls are some sort of alien species that have weird motivations or behavioural patterns totally unconnected to the way the rest of us live our daily lives. Most of the girls I know (outside the room) are absolutely, staggeringly, normal.

Lots of posts describe new boys being nervous about their first punt and some asking how to pluck up the courage. Seems to me a new girl needs a lot more guts than us guys to start out and stay in this business. Everyone has some sort of motivation to take on whatever their job is, so I wonder what kind and strength of motivation makes someone decide to start up as a WG.

No more nosy than asking a punter why he does it!

I knew that one was coming sooner or later. I was going to warn him but i thought i'd leave him to defend himself in the lions den.

When I was little I wanted to be a geisha when I grew up. Unfortunately I lacked in certain areas (dedication to the arts, being Japanese) and took the easy route to being a paid-for princess. It's been a pretty good summer/gap year job so far ;)

Well I rang my accountant to check, but he insists that we are not actually tax exempt, surprising though it may be. You must have us confused with churches :rolleyes:.

I've spent a lot more of my life on my knees with WGs (and vice versa) than kneeling in any church... B)

I've spent a lot more of my life on my knees with WGs (and vice versa) than kneeling in any church... B)

I've tasted the body of man more than I'll ever try the body of Christ :P Is it just me or does the word "consecrated" sound incredibly dirty?

Girls get in to the business for a whole host of reasons. I've heard so many different reasons over the years - money, drugs, boyfriends, mother/sister/cousin/friend did it, extra cash for the kids or to pay for university etc etc.

One girl I know (now aged 30) said that she used to sit in the pub opposite one particular massage parlour, and couldn't wait until she was 18 and could work there.

Another parlour I used to visit was situated directly opposite a job centre and had a big sign saying "New staff always wanted". A lot of girls said that they left the job centre and just walked in to see if there were any jobs going and started the next day.

It's been a pretty good summer/gap year job so far ;)

Eh?

MissKitty: joined 9-Jun-08

Oh, I get it!

Edited by tomdavies

There is no stereotype formula for becoming a working girl. It cannot be just about the wonga or there might be more girls doing this thing.

I stumbled across this line of work by accident and then 'joined up' for fun and excitement, truly had no idea about the money until I started, which in itself was another reason for continuing to work - for me at any rate. I needed an adventure, and it has never really ended.

When clients started to return, that was even more of a buzz, and the deal was done. I was hooked, on the sex and the money, and could think of nothing else apart from my family of course.

It was like a drug and I suppose I was slightly mental back then... so whats new :lol:

I am more relaxed now about the job. I no longer fall asleep on the hard shoulder in the early hours

because I was burning the candle at both ends, in fact I sleep in my own bed every night, because it suits me to.

I love my job, but I hardly ever work these days, preferring to work only when I feel like it, so I have as much if not more fun than my client.

I feel that I found my niche when I became a prostitute. I feel comfortable in my work, and thank God I am able to make my own choices unlike some girls in this industry.

I've tasted the body of man more than I'll ever try the body of Christ :P Is it just me or does the word "consecrated" sound incredibly dirty?

Er, I think it's probably just you...

There was me thinking it was because they are all horny all the time and find old, overweight balding guys such a turn on.

Lots of posts describe new boys being nervous about their first punt and some asking how to pluck up the courage. Seems to me a new girl needs a lot more guts than us guys to start out and stay in this business. Everyone has some sort of motivation to take on whatever their job is, so I wonder what kind and strength of motivation makes someone decide to start up as a WG.

No more nosy than asking a punter why he does it!

I didn't say it was nosy. I said it was a pointless question, and it is. You take a job to earn money. Full stop. With that said, if you enjoy what you do, it's a considerable bonus. What a job pays and how much you love it work in inverse proportion to each other (i.e. you might stick with a poorly paying job you love, and you might stick with a brilliantly remunerated job you hate, but you would not stick with a poorly paying job you hate while you dream of having a brilliantly paying job you love). It is probably safe to say that the majority of working girls do it because the job remunerates them far in excess of what they could earn in the "regular" job market. Of course, there are exceptions: no doubt some girls could get serious, high paying "regular" jobs and no doubt some WGs really do do it because they just love having sex. But those are exceptions that prove the rule. People start any job to meet a basic need: to earn money. Prostitution earns quite a lot, quite quickly. Having sex with me (and VinDaLoo as well) is just a bonus.

All I can say on the subject. I just wished more girls are prostitutes. I would have more choices and maybe even cheaper prices. LOL.

All I can say on the subject. I just wished more girls are prostitutes. I would have more choices and maybe even cheaper prices. LOL.

I agree, the more the merrier. As to why a woman decides to become a WG its her business and i really dont care as long as she is doing so willingly and i receive good or better service.

I guess the potential money she can earn is one big reason though of course, flexible hours/days perhaps to work round family commitments being another. Unless she tells me which some ladies have done over the years i dont pry.

I personnaly became a WG because I couldn't get a job anywhere else. I left school without any qualifications due to illness, and found any job I could get with what I had increadibly boring!

I personnaly became a WG because I couldn't get a job anywhere else. I left school without any qualifications due to illness, and found any job I could get with what I had increadibly boring!

And now? How's being a WG measuring up? An honest answer would be extremely interesting...

and then 'joined up' for fun and excitement, truly had no idea about the money until I started

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Most of the girls I know are single parents, whose other job options wouldnt pay more than 6£ an hour. So money is their motive. Others are druggies, some have a plan, buy a flat, or start a business. Some of the more mature ones, are doing it as a sort of second career, after their kids have left home, or they have been made redundant. As a general rule, the foreign birds are very focussed about doing it for a certain period, save everthing and then leave.

I know a lot of people who are bus drivers who only do it because they can't find a better job, some are single parents and substance abusers. I also know some teachers who are only teaching because they enjoy it. Then I met some miners who told me that they only do such dangerous and dirty work because it can be well paid.