Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kid A

Some Doubts Are Starting To Creep In!

115 posts in this topic

I’ve been punting for 2 1/2 years and I’ve had plenty of goods times and a few not so good , but I’ve started to lose a lot of enthusiasm for it over the last month or two, it’s based around two main points;

1.) The money I spend on punting could be spent on doing other things that are more enjoyable.

2.) Nearly all wgs are deeply unhappy about what they do and most are suffering from depression. Some hide it well and the truth only comes out, once you get to know them, others it’s blatantly obvious. I’m not sure I want to be part of this any more.

Neither of the above are meant to be statements of fact, merely questions I’m asking of myself.

Perhaps the punting “honeymoon” is over and the harsh reality of it is sinking in? Has anyone else been through this?

I’m not really sure what I should do? Maybe take a complete break from punting for a few months and see how I feel.

Edited by Kid A

Have you thought that it might be you who is suffering from depression and not the girls? This is a serious question.

Have you thought that it might be you who is suffering from depression and not the girls? This is a serious question.

I might be feeling a bit down at the moment but that doesn't change anything about the girls I know. Several have told me they feel depressed and when I heard it from a girl who normally comes across as being very upbeat and into being a prostitute, it was a bit of a shock!

I think it is most unprofessional if a lady shows she is depressed or even just states the fact.

A man parts with a lot of money for not only a woman who looks good but also presents herself

in an enthusiastic way which makes him feel not only very welcome but aware that the next hour

or so is going to be fun and sexy, something to take him away from the stresses of HIS life!

I am quite prepared to listen to a client moan and whine about his own life but the reverse?

No way!

Edited by ADELE

Nearly all wgs are deeply unhappy about what they do and most are suffering from depression. Some hide it well and the truth only comes out, once you get to know them, others it’s blatantly obvious. I’m not sure I want to be part of this any more.

Why do you believe this true be true? This is not my experience, or the experience of most of the men and women who contribute to the PunterNet forum. It is however what many people who have no experience of prostitution believe. So it is only natural to suspect that perhaps you are being dishonest with us and you are not as you claim to be someone who has knowledge of prostitution.

There are people who like to try and put men off going to see prostitutes. Usually they will say something such as the women smile but only pretend to be happy because if they don't they will get beaten up by their trafficker/pimp/dealer. I have never been to a place where there has been a man on the premises who has asked me if the woman has performed satisfactorily. That's something you see in dramas but not in real life.

Or it could be that you have been to some very dodgy places where the women really are unhappy. I'm sure they exist, but I haven't found one. Some people like to talk about 'the reality of prostitution' but there are many realities. If you want to know the reality of prostitution - and not just propagate myths - then you could ask some sensible questions of the people who contribute to this forum. Instead of stating that sex workers are depressed, why not ask 'does your work make you feel depressed?'. Many people do get depressed in their work, and I'm sure some sex workers do too.

I think it is most unprofessional if a lady shows she is depressed or even just states the fact.

I've had three regular girls, in my punting "career". All of them have hit me with this! One even broke down and cried when she told me! It hasn't happend on a first booking, they are all smiles then, it's around the 5 onwards. This is why I'm questioning whether most girls feel like this?

I might be feeling a bit down at the moment but that doesn't change anything about the girls I know. Several have told me they feel depressed and when I heard it from a girl who normally comes across as being very upbeat and into being a prostitute, it was a bit of a shock!

You know, this job is not like any other. Girls can become burned out if they see lots of clients over a long period of time and don't take holidays or breaks.

This used to happen to me when I saw lots of guys, but not any more because I have found a way of enjoying my work without it affecting my real life.

Perhaps the ladies you see are the really busy ones? Sometimes clients tell us all their problems and we listen and then forget what they said, or we start to soak up their problems, and then it can become a bit much.

My advice to you is to take a breather from this, and when you return you will feel refreshed.

Why do you believe this true be true? This is not my experience, or the experience of most of the men and women who contribute to the PunterNet forum. It is however what many people who have no experience of prostitution believe. So it is only natural to suspect that perhaps you are being dishonest with us and you are not as you claim to be someone who has knowledge of prostitution.

There are people who like to try and put men off going to see prostitutes. Usually they will say something such as the women smile but only pretend to be happy because if they don't they will get beaten up by their trafficker/pimp/dealer. I have never been to a place where there has been a man on the premises who has asked me if the woman has performed satisfactorily. That's something you see in dramas but not in real life.

Or it could be that you have been to some very dodgy places where the women really are unhappy. I'm sure they exist, but I haven't found one. Some people like to talk about 'the reality of prostitution' but there are many realities. If you want to know the reality of prostitution - and not just propagate myths - then you could ask some sensible questions of the people who contribute to this forum. Instead of stating that sex workers are depressed, why not ask 'does your work make you feel depressed?'. Many people do get depressed in their work, and I'm sure some sex workers do too.

I was going to but I can't even be bothered to reply to such a load of shallow bullshit...

I think your response lacks empathy

My advice to you is to take a breather from this....

I agree with this. Take some time out.

I agree with this. Take some time out.

yeah, you can have too much of a good thing.

find something else to distract you for a month or 2

pity the poor girl you see after your break!!!!!!

buy her a crash helmet!

1.) The money I spend on punting could be spent on doing other things that are more enjoyable.

Like what?

Seriously - what can you do with £100 that is more enjoyable or fun than a good punt?

I'm struggling to think of anything B)

I am also going through a "I couldn't give/buy a f**k" mood at the moment too. It started about 2 weeks ago. I have contacted a very expensive well known stunner to see if she can get my interest back.

My bank manager is very happy, but life is a little mundane at the moment.

Sometimes I can get very horny for several days at a time, but recently, I would rather have a cool glass of white wine.

Like what?

Seriously - what can you do with £100 that is more enjoyable or fun than a good punt?

I'm struggling to think of anything B)

Nothing is as good a pastime as punting in my experience, not even golf. ;)

I am also going through a "I couldn't give/buy a f**k" mood at the moment too. It started about 2 weeks ago. I have contacted a very expensive well known stunner to see if she can get my interest back.

Sometimes I can get very horny for several days at a time, but recently, I would rather have a cool glass of white wine.

Although an extremely pleasant pastime or indeed way to make a living....

sex is not compulsory you know!

Sex drives can come and go........

I used to meet clients who drenched themselves with wg's... every week they would see 4 or 5 or more!

I don't see those guys these days but wonder if some of them got to the point where it was what you

guys can accuse us of... just mechanical sex... no passion or excitement.

Some men book women simply because they can. Much better to book them because you really want to eh?

I’ve been punting for 2 1/2 years and I’ve had plenty of goods times and a few not so good , but I’ve started to lose a lot of enthusiasm for it over the last month or two, it’s based around two main points;

2.) Nearly all wgs are deeply unhappy about what they do and most are suffering from depression. Some hide it well and the truth only comes out, once you get to know them, others it’s blatantly obvious. I’m not sure I want to be part of this any more.

Neither of the above are meant to be statements of fact, merely questions I’m asking of myself.

Perhaps the punting “honeymoon” is over and the harsh reality of it is sinking in? Has anyone else been through this?

I’m not really sure what I should do? Maybe take a complete break from punting for a few months and see how I feel.

Never had these doubts fortunately and having socialized with some WGs over the years in their time i have not noticed them being depressed. It would certainly be an individual thing of course and are WGs more depressed than other wage slaves working minimum wage, i dont believe so from my experiences.

As to the cost its not a cheap pastime, i often spend a five hundred to a grand a week but its worth it to me for the fun and memories given. Only you can decide if you can justify the expense.

I had a six month break recently due to health problems and came back keen and re-energized so a break never hurts. :)

Punting can easily become an addiction. I have an addictive personality and have at times in my life been addicted ( and kicked ) several habits. Punting is the same. You'll know when you are addicted because you will start planning the next one as soon as you have finished the last one. Just as with cigarettes and alcohol and other drugs the effect of the experience decreases in time -and rather than really enjoy each one you are instead satisfying the addiction rather than enjoying the experience.The planning and anticipation becomes very important and you may start to see ladies only once as there are so many to see and so little time. No one in the industry will ever tell you this because it's bad for business.

Punting can easily become an addiction. I have an addictive personality and have at times in my life been addicted ( and kicked ) several habits. Punting is the same. You'll know when you are addicted because you will start planning the next one as soon as you have finished the last one. Just as with cigarettes and alcohol and other drugs the effect of the experience decreases in time -and rather than really enjoy each one you are instead satisfying the addiction rather than enjoying the experience.The planning and anticipation becomes very important and you may start to see ladies only once as there are so many to see and so little time. No one in the industry will ever tell you this because it's bad for business.

Very true. This is why those that say they would punt everyday if they could afford it or had the time might get bored of doing so after a while which i did. Punting every day or every other day becomes routine after a while and although i know punters who love doing so i was getting less and less of a buzz. An enforced break in my case done me a favour. If its no longer fun why bother doing it is the question to ask yourself.

Edited by smiths

Are you sure this is'nt the way you feel about punting infuencing the wg's mood?....the whole point of a punt is it's a fantasy,it's not anything real or meaningful or life changing.

It's a half hour or hour of something completly different,wg's function is to cater for the client in this fantasy....if you start getting dark and meaningful with your conversation with them there's a very good chance they will reflect that too.If you say words along the lines of this way of life is shallow and sorded,the chances are the wg's gonna say pretty much the same too...and perhaps hark back to her ex boyfriend or ex hubby they had real love for.What I'm trying to say is there is very little chance of a wg telling you that she adores no strings sex with strangers as it may make her feel cheap and shallow when in the company of a man who obviously wants more than just sex...you go in there with the(I want some pure unadulterated fun)attitude bet your bottom dollar the mood of wg will change.

Everybody gets depressed from time to time...in walks of life,all proffesions.

Maybe I'm wrong too...this is all second guessing....most people go through phases in their life where they want un-attached sex....then revert back to wanting love and commitment.

I think we all (service seekers and service providers) go through ups and down in this funny old game. I suspect that the issue is much more to do with what you feel KidA and not what your regs have confided in you. You may have been unlucky enough to have all 3 regs on a downward spiral, but that does not mean that all girls are or even that those who feel low would not feel low outside the industry as well as inside.

I agree with the others that the best thing would be to take a break. I had a lean spell earlier this year where I just couldn't be arsed to see any girls. I saw a couple of regs and That was about it. My punting fund swelled to unprecedented levels !!!! Unfortunately for my bank balance, but fortunately for my libido, I snapped out of it and am looking forward to my third booking of the week this Friday (mind you, I have just got in from the 2nd which turned out to be a rare no show - but that's another story).

Honestly, if you are not enjoying it, it's madness to carry on spending money on it purely out of habit. The rest will do you good.

Must agree with this. I think it gets to the heart of why we see the ladies that we do. All the various reasons have been posted here before. In the end you have to know why you are meeting what are (in the main and if you are selective) an extraordinary group of women. Certainly if, like you, I had heard from three separate ladies the stories that you quote, i would be extremely unhappy. Personally I am here for two reasons. Originally because sex was off the agenda at home, but latterly because if you do some research about the ladies you are seeing and select those who quite clealy are in control of their lives, you do get to know some very special people. They have very different backgrounds and stories to tell than my own and, if you are open mided and want to broaden your horizons and experiences, we have in many ways much to learn from them. I really cannot understand how three regulars can come up with the same story like this. What are you doing to them?

The lady has replied, so I might get cured. Bank manager not happy.

The lady has replied, so I might get cured. Bank manager not happy.

Take him with you and let him watch. That should put a smile on his pinstriped mush!

;)

Only you know the answer to that. If there is something you'd rather spend your money on why continue punting?

You've either been very unlucky or you are homing in on the wrong kind of girl. I've met one or two odd balls but never a totally depressed girl; at least not so as she'd involve me.

Nothing is forever and maybe you need a break and after that break a return with a frsh outlook or a journey into a new and different adventure.

Giving up punting isn't the end of the world....whether it be temporary or permanent.

I'm happy because it is a small, but nice, part of my life. If it made meas unhappy as it seems to make you I'd move on at least for a while.

Take him with you and let him watch. That should put a smile on his pinstriped mush!

;)

If only you knew the whole truth, I would have to eliminate you. Nothing personal, but a "need to know" basis.