Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UKtechhead

12 posts in this topic

The age of consent in England is 16, I believe.

Is legal to buy sex from a 16 year old. Or is the age 18?

Any link to a legal document?

Not planning on doing it, just curious to see what the law says.

Edited by UKtechhead

"England" ??

Many people (particularly bloody foreigners) get "England" confused with the United Kingdom. I'm fairly sure that the age of consent for amateurs in Northern Ireland (and probably in the Republic too) is 18. So far as the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands are concerned, I don't know (and personally don't care either) but if going out to any of these island territories with "une petite amie" I think it would be wise to check first!

Age of consent in Scotland, like England, is 16. Spain has the lowest in Europe at 13(!).

A lot of people say that re: Spain, but I don't think it is. I seriously doubt a 40 year old could have sex with a 13 year old in Spain. It will probaby refer only to under 18s or something similar. Certainly for paid sex it woudn't be anyway.

A lot of people say that re: Spain, but I don't think it is. I seriously doubt a 40 year old could have sex with a 13 year old in Spain. It will probaby refer only to under 18s or something similar. Certainly for paid sex it woudn't be anyway.

wiki on this

In the US of A, when you're 17 years old you can go to war and die for your country, but you can't drink, vote or have sex(in some states)

In the US of A, when you're 17 years old you can go to war and die for your country, but you can't drink, vote or have sex(in some states)

Those who equate the EU with the USA simply cannot comprehend how different the several States are from each other. In my distant youth an American popular musical entertainer was hounded out of England by the press (broad-sheets they were, then, I rather think) on account of he'd availed himself of the "get out clause" in several southern states which allows a man, as an alternative to being prosecuted, to marry his "victim" is she's over 12!

(Could it have been "Jerry Lee Lewis"? - vague memory?)

Those who equate the EU with the USA simply cannot comprehend how different the several States are from each other. In my distant youth an American popular musical entertainer was hounded out of England by the press (broad-sheets they were, then, I rather think) on account of he'd availed himself of the "get out clause" in several southern states which allows a man, as an alternative to being prosecuted, to marry his "victim" is she's over 12!

(Could it have been "Jerry Lee Lewis"? - vague memory?)

He married his 13 year old cousin, and yes he did get quite a bad press when he came here. He told the British press she was 15, thinking that would be OK, then of course they found out her real age anyway. Don't think the marriage was to "get off" any charges though.

Prostitution is legal in both France and Italy but only with a lady over 18, look at the issue, Berlusconi is having over 'Mubarak's grandaughter' and several prominent French international soccer players linked to a brothel in paris recently.

Prostitution is legal in both France ... but only with a lady over 18, look at the issue,... several prominent French international soccer players linked to a brothel in Paris recently.

Prostitution, per se, is not illegal in France, but pretty much everything about it is. Brothels have been illegal since the Loi Marthe Richard of 13 April 1946. In most of the country is is difficult to find une fille de joie.