Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mega

Police own massage parlour...........

9 posts in this topic

......well at least they do according to the attached link. I'm indebted to Debbiexxx for bringing this to our attention. I love the comments - clearly music hall isn't dead!

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Policeowned-sauna-back-as-adult.5549669.jp

The fraud came to light following Operation Rampart, a police raid which saw 13 people arrested on suspicion of living off immoral earnings.

But a judge ruled they couldn't be prosecuted for that offence because police knew sex was for sale but failed to take action.

Quite apart from the small matter that such an offence does not exist.

Quite apart from the small matter that such an offence does not exist.

Here is the link that describes the case in total:-

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Sex-shame-case--.2193345.jp

The raids took place in April 2004 a few days after the Sexual Offences Act of 2003 became law. I assume that they were charged with a Section 53 offence "controlling prostitution for gain."

Looks like the Tax man took his percentage

But a judge ruled they couldn't be prosecuted for that offence because police knew sex was for sale but failed to take action.

So does the ruling now set a guide for other cases ?

Interesting - what happens now with a drugs factory when they bust the owner?

I think it was Jarad Diamond who coined the very useful word "Kleptocracy". He was using it for unproductive priesthoods and military castes.

Strikes me we now have a fully developed kleptocracy of our own including police, various licensing agencies and the ultimate scam of the criminal records search folks

I think it was Jarad Diamond who coined the very useful word "Kleptocracy". He was using it for unproductive priesthoods and military castes.

Strikes me we now have a fully developed kleptocracy of our own including police, various licensing agencies and the ultimate scam of the criminal records search folks

Its from a greek root meaning to steal...