Dexi Delite

Profile Pics

8 posts in this topic

Hi All.

I'm in the process of updating my profile and have added my website and a little about me, but can't seem to find anywhere to add a pic to my profile. I've had a good look around my profile settings but with no joy, or are we all faceless on here :( Any idea's?

Thanks

Dexi

xx

We are the faceless forum.

It has been explained periodically before, there are several reasons for no pics on here.

It keeps the bandwidth demand down, and it also means the forum can be browsed in semi-public situations without the nature of the forum being obvious to anyone casually glancing over your shoulder.

I figured it might be something to do with discretion.

Thanks

Dexi

xx

But if you want a profile picture for another forum and, say, want a dog image to represent you, how do you get it to be the right 'size' in bits terms if that's the term I mean?

I seem to choose inappropriate images to try to use all the time.

Thanks

But if you want a profile picture for another forum and, say, want a dog image to represent you, how do you get it to be the right 'size' in bits terms if that's the term I mean?

I seem to choose inappropriate images to try to use all the time.

Thanks

At a guess, right click on an existing profile pic on that forum and get the image properties (if the site will let you), and from that you will know what size of image is required in terms of X pixels wide by Y pixels high.

Using something like Photoshop, or similar, take your preferred image, and then re-size/shrink it to the required resolution, then save it with a new name. You should then be able to upload it.

Good luck.

At a guess, right click on an existing profile pic on that forum and get the image properties (if the site will let you), and from that you will know what size of image is required in terms of X pixels wide by Y pixels high.

Using something like Photoshop, or similar, take your preferred image, and then re-size/shrink it to the required resolution, then save it with a new name. You should then be able to upload it.

Good luck.

Thanks but couldn't get what I wanted to load so settled grumpily for one from the in-house list.

Thanks tho

A short while ago I had another member of this forum asking where my profile pics where on here. Had to explain this isn't a forum for pictures! Click on the link on a lady's profile, and you'll usually be taken to a location where you can view some photos of her.

Edited by Strawberry