Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mullrob

North East Massage Parlour Raided

17 posts in this topic

Chinese massage parlour on pilgrim st was raided by police. I few posts on pn have only disclosed that hr if any thing has been on offer ??

Do you have a link?

I did say the old bill would close this place the way things were going....the lasses must be shocked, but I doubt other cities will be raided similarly, as the police in newcastle are very strict, I am surprised they let it go so long...the other thai place (not the pink lane place, which is 10000% legit) in Gosforth should be next I reckon.

I suspect a few of the lasses will not have valid visas....oh dear.

Do you have a link?

I did say the old bill would close this place the way things were going....the lasses must be shocked, but I doubt other cities will be raided similarly, as the police in newcastle are very strict, I am surprised they let it go so long...the other thai place (not the pink lane place, which is 10000% legit) in Gosforth should be next I reckon.

EDIT: Breakings news in the Chronnie, the paper that runs all the adverts.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/breaking-news/2011/06/08/suspected-brothel-raided-in-pilgrim-street-in-newcastle-61634-28843332/

Also foyle st. ,sunderland. Several asserts !!

Also foyle st. ,sunderland. !!

I know a number of memebers have written at great length about this place in Newcastle - I have never been to it myself so I have no opinion to offer. But did it strike any members that the women in there may have been inthe country ilegally or even against there will as the Police seem to infer in there statements in the paper or are they trumping up this claim?

I know a number of memebers have written at great length about this place in Newcastle - I have never been to it myself so I have no opinion to offer. But did it strike any members that the women in there may have been inthe country ilegally or even against there will as the Police seem to infer in there statements in the paper or are they trumping up this claim?

Working against their will in medicine shops.....i doubt it. I think the ladies came and went of their free accord, they change around the UK like the wind...a few weeks here and there.....though I have long suspected the owners know exactly what goes on and these places (some of them) have pushed the boundaries due to blatant greed and now look whats happened.... However, that is not to say they (some of them) will not have debts to pay back home. The few ladies who i have known at very similar establishments have a house in china paid for, loads of cash in the bank and work as and when they please.

The places like flats etc is where the nasty stuff goes on...I avoid them completely...the medicine shops are lasses working freely and earning a very, very good living. Of course, the ladies have this planned out, they have an out of date visa, a good story, get an asylum claim in and bobs your uncle, wait a few years in free housing and get a UK passport. One thing I can say with 100% accuracy...these ladies are very very street smart and know the entire legal system very well, have advisors (legal ones) and pay good money for advice.

I hope the lasses and lads are OK, but if they have been doing any trafficking whatsoever I hope the police nail them to the wall.....I for one would report any suspicions I have.

Definitely agree with 1234 on all counts.

I'm surprised they're getting away with using 'illegal sex trafficking' as an excuse to raid the place. It's embarassing for all concerned if all they want is to get the girls who don't have visas. Surely it's within the law for officials to go about asking to see them via other methods?

As for my own experiences, I've only ever been told once that more was on offer (by paying), by a woman I've not seen working there for a long time, and she told me not to tell anyone. And a masseuse I've seen regularly once went a little further, but didn't ask for any cash, it was purely an "in the moment" type of thing, and she was very, very cautious of anyone finding out, afraid she might get fired. I've never, ever suspected anyone there was being held against their will. They've always been open and chatty about what they do, and go about the massage very proffesionally. If I felt anything dubious was going on I would have reported it. In fact, if I remember righly, one girl said she didn't like the 'new' management because they frowned upon the girls offering extras! I always figured that between the masseuses, they told each other that guys probably expect extra, so why not charge them cash in hand and not tell management?

So anyway,that begs the question, if they are being trafficked for sex, then why only ever offer HR? And why put up such an elaborate front, putting so much money into setting up the business, (on a main high street!) renovating it, offering medical facilities, training staff, etc when their would surely be much easier ways of setting up a more discreet "brothel"? It sounds like the cops are using this as an excuse. I guess an undercover cop went in, was offered HR for cash in hand and technically that is soliciting a sexual service for money? Pretty pathetic, and not very solid grounds to warrent a raid surely?

Definitely agree with 1234 on all counts.

I'm surprised they're getting away with using 'illegal sex trafficking' as an excuse to raid the place. It's embarassing for all concerned if all they want is to get the girls who don't have visas. Surely it's within the law for officials to go about asking to see them via other methods?

As for my own experiences, I've only ever been told once that more was on offer (by paying), by a woman I've not seen working there for a long time, and she told me not to tell anyone. And a masseuse I've seen regularly once went a little further, but didn't ask for any cash, it was purely an "in the moment" type of thing, and she was very, very cautious of anyone finding out, afraid she might get fired. I've never, ever suspected anyone there was being held against their will. They've always been open and chatty about what they do, and go about the massage very proffesionally. If I felt anything dubious was going on I would have reported it. In fact, if I remember righly, one girl said she didn't like the 'new' management because they frowned upon the girls offering extras! I always figured that between the masseuses, they told each other that guys probably expect extra, so why not charge them cash in hand and not tell management?

So anyway,that begs the question, if they are being trafficked for sex, then why only ever offer HR? And why put up such an elaborate front, putting so much money into setting up the business, (on a main high street!) renovating it, offering medical facilities, training staff, etc when their would surely be much easier ways of setting up a more discreet "brothel"? It sounds like the cops are using this as an excuse. I guess an undercover cop went in, was offered HR for cash in hand and technically that is soliciting a sexual service for money? Pretty pathetic, and not very solid grounds to warrent a raid surely?

Yes, I've known girls there being very coy and secretive about extras.....this raid is a red herring...they should close the flats (alot of thais) who probably do have trafficked lasses there...poor souls.

Where's the help for them?

We should not expect 'commonsense' to avail when the local authorities want national approval for beating 'human traffickers'.

I have been in places where the doctor lady has massaged me and the other doctor has treat patients in the room next door for back pain, allergies etc. I suspect the same has happened in the Newcastle shop.....dunno about the mackem place...wouldn't set foot in that down beaten town full of funny accent *****ers :blink:

I do tend to agree that Police claims that the Chinese girls in this place were forced into sexual services does seem not to hold much water.

But according to what i have read from members posting previously about this outlet is that what we have here is an outlet staffed by Chinese women with very little English, who work in the place for a couple of weeks and move on - presumably to a similar outlet elsewhere. Now last time I looked China or the surrounding countries were not part of the EU so the chances of these women being allowed to work legally within the country are quite slim I would suspect. Did no one visiting think this may have been an issue?

Link to the article in the Sunderland Echo.

It's quite typical of North East constabularies to come down harshly.

I've been a customer of both Foyle and Pilgrim ( I was nearly forced into humiliating accupuncture treatment at Pilgrim St due to lack of response in my loins but that's another story ). I never saw any evidence that the girls were unwilling in what they offered, but that probability imv doesn't make it into the newspaper report.

Do you have a link?

That on Station Road?

That on Station Road?

I've never been.

There's something very unsatisfactory about this case: at the time of the raids reports of arrests, victims being taken into care, targeting of the traffickers.

Since then nothing. Over 2 years have gone by and no reports of prosecutions and sentences. No deportations for working in the UK without the required visa. Zilch.

Unless anyone knows different?

.dunno about the mackem place...wouldn't set foot in that down beaten town full of funny accent *****ers blink.gif

You from Newcastle then?

Edited by Chloe Kisses

Hi Chloe,

1234 is gone from this forum, but yes he is from Newcastle.

The militias of Newcastle ( catholic sympathising pro-Royal Family ) and Sunderland ( more protestant and pro-Parliament ) ended up on opposite sides in the English Civil War. Some people are still bitter about the outcome of the resulting Battle of Boldon Hill that took place between the two towns, and can't let go :lol:

1 person likes this