Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
marcodr

Wg's Who Accept Bitcoins

35 posts in this topic

wassup with cash?

1) What is Bitcoin?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

2) It would be nice if some Wg's accepted Bitcoins, that would also make transaction safer (and anonymous). What do you think?

BB

Think your flogging a dead horse here.

Cash is totally anonymous, no paper trail at all.

1) What is Bitcoin?

2) It would be nice if some Wg's accepted Bitcoins, that would also make transaction safer (and anonymous). What do you think?

BB

Cash is king in punting and long may it continue, as Art said it leaves no trail. :)

Edited by smiths

I wonder what my hairdresser, nail technician and local sushi place will think of payment in Bitcoins? :blink: There with ArtIssue and smiths, cash is king!

I wonder what my hairdresser, nail technician and local sushi place will think of payment in Bitcoins? :blink: There with ArtIssue and smiths, cash is king!

Just what I was thinking....my landlord could take exception, also the taxi drivers are unlikely to be happy if I flap an e-wallet in their faces.x

Call me old-fashioned, but personally I'm happy to stick with good old white fivers and florins. :rolleyes:

Call me old-fashioned, but personally I'm happy to stick with good old white fivers and florins. :rolleyes:

Blimey,i remember when, if you tried to change a white fiver they'd call the police !!!lol.

what about half crowns and tanners.

Blow job for ten bob?

Blow job for ten bob?

When ah were a lad yer could go aht wit' ten bob note, 'ave 5 pints o' Tetleys, fish 'n' chips 'n' scraps and still 'ave 5d fer t'tram 'ome.

1) What is Bitcoin?

A way for little johnny to turn mum & dads electricity into on-line currency.

The internet, a great way to leverage stupid ideas half way around the world before common sense gets it's boots on.

Edited by WykeTyke

A way for little johnny to turn mum & dads electricity into on-line currency.

The internet, a great way to leverage stupid ideas half way around the world before common sense gets it's boots on.

You'd be surprised.

I just made a very tidy sum speculating on them. Been tracking them for a while. Bought in just as the Gawker.com story broke about them being used as currency on website that sells various proscribed substances. Cashed out when the story about them being a 'hot investment' hit the investment sites.

A 300% gain in 2 weeks isn't what I'd call stupid. :D

I won't touch em again for now though - all the media attention has brought the US govt down on them, which is making them far too volatile. If I can find a way to short them, I'll be a very happy Miaow.

Edited by miaow99

You'd be surprised.

No I'm not surprised; Bitcoins are actually a glorified Ponzi scheme and like all Ponzi schemes early adopters can raise a profitable return. However they only have value while increasing numbers of people can be convinced they have value, they have no underlying worth, nothing backing them up. 'Trading' them is a gamble rather than speculation that they will pay off for an individual before they crash for everybody.

Edited by WykeTyke

Blimey,i remember when, if you tried to change a white fiver they'd call the police !!!lol.

What is a white fiver...and why would the call the police?xx

No I'm not surprised; Bitcoins are actually a glorified Ponzi scheme and like all Ponzi schemes early adopters can raise a profitable return. However they only have value while increasing numbers of people can be convinced they have value, they have no underlying worth, nothing backing them up. 'Trading' them is a gamble rather than speculation that they will pay off for an individual before they crash for everybody.

I agree. But funnily enough, you've just described fiat currencies like the pound/dollar/euro as well though. :)

What is a white fiver...and why would the call the police?xx

http://www.britishnotes.co.uk/news_and_info/picture_library/englishpictures/whitenotes/o_brien__specimen__b275_1955__y_71_.jpg

they were the £5 banknote until replaced by blue ones in 1957

they were suspect beacuse they were supposed to be easy to forge.

)

£5 in 1957 was probably a weeks wages

(I remember bus conductors jobs being advertised for £17 in mid 1970's and getting over £1 an hour when i started work was good money.Thats inflation for you!. there again you could get beer for 1/11 a pint then too.)

http://www.britishnotes.co.uk/news_and_info/picture_library/englishpictures/whitenotes/o_brien__specimen__b275_1955__y_71_.jpg

)

(I remember bus conductors jobs being advertised for £17 in mid 1970's and getting over £1 an hour when i started work was good money.Thats inflation for you!. there again you could get beer for 1/11 a pint then too.)

Damn, they're no longer legal currency? I'm ruined! :( Thank God for the secret stash of deutschmarks and lira.

Edited by Easylover

)

I wonder if they would be worth more now as collectors items than they would have made in interest.

They seem to be available for 55-60 quid on eBay which seems low.

However the younger green £1 notes are going for 18 quid which seems a bit better return.

1) What is Bitcoin?

BB

What's wrong with a shiny sixpence?

What's wrong with a shiny sixpence?

Wow Mila, if that's your rate I'd like a regular booking please! :D;)