Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
starman

Bbc Radio Manchester About Brothels

12 posts in this topic

BBC has done an investigation and found that there are 15 brothels in Manchester

people can call in or e-mail and give their thoughts, the discussion has so far mainly been

"would you want your daughter..." bla bla bla

Heather Stott

9:00 Monday, 20th June

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_manchester

Edited by starman

you can call and give them your opinion 0161 228 22 55

you can call and give them your opinion 0161 228 22 55

Call it a double standard if you wish, but I would not want my daugter to do this :)

Call it a double standard if you wish, but I would not want my daugter to do this :)

I wouldn't want my daughter doing what I do for a living either; we all want our children to do better than we have - it's not a double standard at all.

Edited by Vin DaLoo

BBC has done an investigation and found that there are 15 brothels in Manchester

I bet they have :D Probably sampled the girls on offer too, just to check

I posted on this on The LBB earlier that had I been online and not at work I would have rang in myself :o

I finally got round to listening to this today.

I don't think I can really recommend others to listen to it as it was quite hard going. There were a lot of interruptions to play music, news, traffic (including a surreal full length traffic bulletin just consisting of the background music and no voice over - a marvelous local radio moment!) and the usual requests to get people to call in.

Starman may of misheard the number of Manchester brothels. The number they claimed was "50", and by the end of the show this had increased to "over 50".

Can I ask why there are so many in Manchester as compared to other places? Are Brothels just tolerated there?

Can I ask why there are so many in Manchester as compared to other places? Are Brothels just tolerated there?

Yes, brothels tend to be tolerated there.

Provided there is no evidence of trafficking, drugs, underage, money laundering etc. A brothel may also be targetted if the management/owner is involved in other criminal activity, even if it is not related to the sex trade.

Yes, brothels tend to be tolerated there.

Provided there is no evidence of trafficking, drugs, underage, money laundering etc. A brothel may also be targetted if the management/owner is involved in other criminal activity, even if it is not related to the sex trade.

I bet 50 is an under-estimate. Ages ago got the figure of 100 from somewhere but if you count the named established ones LBB list and then think about start ups, those with no site, somewhat random ones (e.g. where's the boundary btwn brothel and working flat) I bet the number is well into three figures.

And with a metro service to take you to most of them!

not sure about 100 but maybe 50, there is a stretch known as the punting mile with quite a lot on !!

the police tend to let things run as long as no underage/illegals, drugs or money laundering.

but get closed down asap if necessary