Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lilly B

Blocking Numbers

4 posts in this topic

I didn't realise till the other day how not available this is on mobile phones, so I thought others might like to know....

I've got a Samsung phone as my main work phone, I needed another work phone and wanted to be able to block certain numbers on that phone too.

My phones (I got another Samsung) allow me to automatically block certain numbers from calling, even withheld, blocked, unknown numbers. They are sent straight to voice-mail and the phone just peeps once that you had a call.

Only Samsung phones do this according to my O2 chappy, and even he didn't know it applied to blocking calls and withheld numbers, he thought it was just texts you could block.

:)

Mods - Sorry for putting in main board, please move as you see fit.

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a setting for a Blackberry which blocks witheld numbers ?

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a setting for a Blackberry which blocks witheld numbers ?

I use Call Blocker Pro on mine. You can set it to automatically block withhelds and also add your blacklisted numbers so they can't ring you - I think it picks up and then drops the call immediately so you never even notice the phone's rung and it doesn't disturb you (but by doing it this way I think it wastes a minute of the caller's credit and so hopefully puts them off). I have all the spammy cold callers in there and everything :).

Edited by AdorableAmy

I use Call Blocker Pro on mine. You can set it to automatically block withhelds and also add your blacklisted numbers so they can't ring you - I think it picks up and then drops the call immediately so you never even notice the phone's rung and it doesn't disturb you (but by doing it this way I think it wastes a minute of the caller's credit and so hopefully puts them off). I have all the spammy cold callers in there and everything :).

Brilliant, thanks Amy. xx