bookmaker

Does it put you off when a guy answers the phone?

58 posts in this topic

Phoned two local asian/indian parlours and both times a guy answered the phone. Just put me off from ever going there

Would depend on whether I was expecting it, some adverts or profiles state that a male may answer the phone.

Likewise it hasn't put me off knowing there is a male in the flat / residence when I'm punting. As long as the lady is clearly trustworthy and has several good genuine reports to her name of course.

Christ yes. Even worse if 'security' answers the door. The last time that happened I fled and then got followed to my car! I don't patronise that establishment any longer.

There is one exception to this. I recently phoned up a place and a very charming Scottish fellow answered who was most helpful and very professional. So damned good that I've made an appointment.

Watch this space...

well I'm on pre-mod, so my response may not show for some time - if at all :rolleyes:

It never bothers me who's on reception or answers the phone as long as they are polite and can answer my enquiries, I have been to several parlours with a man as the 'maid!?':rolleyes:

Man or woman they know why I am there:D

puts me right off but i see it much more lately

Phoned two local asian/indian parlours and both times a guy answered the phone. Just put me off from ever going there

Was it the same guy, that can be very off putting. It could be worse you could ask for the maid to join you, but they had changed shifts after you had gone in the room, that sexy little minx that gave you a hardy had switched with the night security. At least if he had answered the phone you may not of been so adventuress :rolleyes::D

Would depend on whether I was expecting it, some adverts or profiles state that a male may answer the phone.

Likewise it hasn't put me off knowing there is a male in the flat / residence when I'm punting. As long as the lady is clearly trustworthy and has several good genuine reports to her name of course.

I agree. I wouldn't mind if I had previously seen the girl and she had a man in the flat for her security.

In scotland most of the saunas have blokes on the phone. What puts me off is rough accents either male or female, its blindingly obvious that a good telephone manner counts in this business, but often its some uber chav who answers the phone.

Lets Just Say My Happy Hopes Go Down.

Instant turnoff... so yes it's a huge turn off... so much of a turn off that I would look not go any futher with that particular parlour or agency...

Was it the same guy, that can be very off putting. It could be worse you could ask for the maid to join you, but they had changed shifts after you had gone in the room, that sexy little minx that gave you a hardy had switched with the night security. At least if he had answered the phone you may not of been so adventuress :rolleyes::D

Nah both different. I just can't imagine going to a parlour and a guy opening the door to let me in, especially an asian guy seeing as I'm asian myself and it would be incredibly awkward

No, as long as it is a respectable establishment.

No, as long as it is a respectable establishment.

If a guy answered my first thought is "Bugger Ive dialed the wrong number"

But doesnt bother me anymore. Would have done when I first started.

Agree with if its an already established, popular and long running place, then I wouldnt care who answers the phone.

If it was someone with no reviews, wierd photos and a suspicious 'othersite' profile and a guy answered then Id definatly would hang up.

There is one exception to this. I recently phoned up a place and a very charming Scottish fellow answered who was most helpful and very professional. So damned good that I've made an appointment.

Watch this space...

Highland Stormcock moonlighting?

ROFL! Nah, I don't find it makes a difference to me. If the person's charming and pleasant that's cool (nice tae think y'all think I'd be like that haha). :rolleyes:

LMP's Chris n Moss, for instance, are always very welcoming at put people at ease over the phone. I think it can be a bit quicker and to the point if it's a guy.

Its the guys you DONT know about that you should worry about. x

Sometimes a lady needs a rest from her phone or a friend to answer while busy. There may only be a bloke she can call on.

Short answer: Yes!

Agreed. I find it much easier to tell a female what I'm looking for.

No. Initially it's a surprise, but No.

It used to but now it doesn't bother me..

I have met afew male 'Maids' and they are friendly and chatty just like the women.

As long as I get a good service and leave with a smile I don't mind who answers the phone.

A lot of guys dont like ANYBODY answering the phone, be it male or female.They only want the service provider to answer the call. Problem is, the service provider cant answer the phone while busy with a client. Me personally, I would not care who answers if I was a punter. Anything is better than voicemail.