BeerBelly

Counting The Money

32 posts in this topic

One for the punters,

I am usually very meticulous making sure i put down the right money at the start of a booking, but when you lay down the full amount (to the penny, cause you have counted it 7 times already) how does it make you feel when the lady double checks???

To be honest really not bothered but on the other hand better that she count it in front of you, even if it may offend you, rather then leave the room and then come back in saying it was a score light or something of that nature. If this happens what's the outcome? Besides how would the lady in question know that you had counted it several times.

.... how does it make you feel when the lady double checks???

I've got no problem with it. I wouldn't trust me either.

I've given too little on a couple of occasions. I've also given the wrong bundle on another occasion - at least £600 too much. The girl calmly counted it, said I'd paid too much and gave me the rest back.

The same girl told me that 3 different punters in 10 days gave her £20 short.

I try my best but sometimes mistakes happen. I'd prefer that the girl counted it. If I leave it on the side in a parlour, then I always fan it out so the girl can easily check.

One for the punters,

I am usually very meticulous making sure i put down the right money at the start of a booking, but when you lay down the full amount (to the penny, cause you have counted it 7 times already) how does it make you feel when the lady double checks???

I am the same as you and never use envelopes, just count the money out. If the WG is a newbie to me i would expect her to check it or stash it in another room but have found many regulars dont bother till the end, but have no problem if they want to check it at the beginning.

It makes me feel like she is smart to double check the cash.

Like the OP, I count the money over and over, and I also check and re-check the profile to make sure I haven't got it wrong. It doesn't bother me in the least though when the lady counts it; in fact I'm usually quite surprised by the ones who just tuck it away somewhere or just leave it lying on the bedside table almost wthout looking at it. Perhaps I've just got a trustworthy face. :D

One for the punters,

Mistakes happen and we don't know you have checked, so a quick count and grateful smile means that side of thing is settled and we can both move on to other things :)

Course they are going to count it, why wouldnt they. But get to know them and they wont even think about the money, you can just slip it onto something

I usually ask the girl to check it when I hand it to her, doesn't bother me seeing it counted but what does is if there is a mistake later and that can leave a sour taste.

My actual moments;

1. Handed over the money to a new girl from a local agency that I had used many times. She didn't count it then and I didn't have the experience to insist.

After the meeting I was wandering down the road and it was her calling me (politely) that I had done her out of £20. I couldn't believe it as I had counted in the mandatory zillion times. Not wanting to cause upset and she was good so I wanted to visit again I took a £20 note back to her. In passing I said I was sure the £100 was there, only to be told that the rates had increased to £120. Returning home I checked the website and it had, I felt annoyed but at the agency for not reminding/telling me of the increase.

2. Same agency but an incall this time. I handed over the money, she didn't check. The next morning I found a £20 note on the bedroom floor. Knowing it wasn't mine and concluded that one of us had dropped it during the handover. I called the agency and asked them to call the girl and ask her to check, they did, she was £20 short.

This turned out to be the best mistake, she rolled up at the house a couple of hours later, stayed for a while, rewarded me for my honesty and from then on dealt direct with me.

3. Called at the cashpoint, withdrew £150, pocketed £30 and kept the remainder in my hand to pass over minutes later when I collected the lady to take her home. As we drove off in the car the receptionist called the girl to say the money was £20 short. I checked my pocket, £30 left.

To this day I don't know if I only withdrew £130 (unlikely), the receptionist pocketed £20 (unlikely) as I'm a very good customer, I dropped £20 (very unlikey) or and what I like to believe, the cashpoint did me over for £20.

This last one did leave lots of doubts and that finally convinced me to get the money checked.

... then I always fan it out so the girl can easily check.

That, for me, is the perfect solution. It feels a little awkward if a chap counts the notes one by one into my hand, but if it's handed to me (or placed nearby) slightly fanned out (slightly!!! not 'here you are love, if it gets a bit sweaty shortly you can wave this around to create a breeze'!) then I can check with a simple glance.

That said, after years of dealing with large sums of money back in the real world, I have developed an uncanny ability to know how much is in a wrap of money at a glance anyway - as was proved at a social a few years back!

I had a client who made it obvious he didn't like paying. I saw him

quite a few times and he was forever trying to get me to invite another

lady for no extra cost.

I got sick of it.

One day he did his usual trick of throwing the money onto the bed, crumpled

notes. I decided not to see him again.

Many of you lot love to liken a visit to a wg to a meal in a restaurant

or buying goods in a store etc.... ( it always irritates me when you do that )

So if we are such a similar transaction then no one should mind if we count

out the readies... after all they do it in shops and restaurants don't they? Check that the

payment is correct?

Edited by ADELE

I always check money now. I used to feel a bit embarassed and just shove it in my purse until the day I accidentally waltzed off an hour into a 2 hour booking after glancing it at, thinking it looked right for an hour and then only finding out afterwards I'd made a mistake.

Always thoroughly check it now and count it very obviously in front of them so they know and I know everything is correct. Mistakes do happen. Recently someone paid me, lovely older gentleman, money was in an envelope, he said he'd checked it three times, I checked it and it was £40 short. He was mortified but it's better it happens then rather then after I've got home and it's too late.

I have no problem whatsoever with the money being counted. It means that you both know what the money situation is.

I've seen girls who make a point of counting the money in front of me.

I've seen others who make a point of not counting it at all.

One girl I used to see counted it....but out of my sight.

I suppose the latter could have hidden some notes and then claimed that the fee was short but she was a regular so I never really saw it like that.

I prefer it to be counted to be honest. Not counting it at all seems a bit of a pretence since the fee is there for all to see. It also makes it clear what you are there for too.

...............and I sometimes worry that I've made a mistake.

Add me to the group of guys who prefer the lady to count the money in front of me the minute I hand it over. Mistakes are so easy to make when your mind is on other things and it's much easier to sort out if the counting is done in the open and upfront. Of course when visiting a trusted regular (as a trusted regular), all of that goes out the window and payment is often handled at the end of the booking with no counting going on. It takes several visits to build up that level of trust though. When people are new to each other, it is always best to get the business transaction (for it is that, not a date) out of the way first in a professional manner and then the rest of the booking can proceed without having to mention money again.

The only times I handle the sorts of cash I sometimes hand over to WGs is when I sell something of relatively high value such as a car. Believe me, I always count the money when I am paid. Who wouldn't?

I know it is a punt, and therefore money is passed over, but to this day I have never checked the money and in nine years I have only been short changed twice. If I check the money it feels wrong to me, so I don't. I would feel uncomfortable and it would start the appointment off on a mercenary tone which I would not like. Sometimes the money is handed over at the beginning and sometimes at the end. I do not mind either way. Whatever the client feels more comfortable with is fine by me.

There are times when the money never comes into my head at all, and other times when I have perhaps seen 'the wrong client' (smelly or rude) and all I want is for him to leave, and then the money becomes more important, but that's just me, and I would not advise any other girl to work like I do :)

Not a problem, I could have made a mistake and the girl obviously does not want to get ripped off. I only get mad about it if they turn it into a production because that's a sign that this is going to be a poor punt.

I had a client who made it obvious he didn't like paying. I saw him

quite a few times and he was forever trying to get me to invite another

lady for no extra cost.

I got sick of it.

One day he did his usual trick of throwing the money onto the bed, crumpled

notes. I decided not to see him again.

Many of you lot love to liken a visit to a wg to a meal in a restaurant

or buying goods in a store etc.... ( it always irritates me when you do that )

So if we are such a similar transaction then no one should mind if we count

out the readies... after all they do it in shops and restaurants don't they? Check that the

payment is correct?

You did the right thing "Adele"what an ignorant bastard,to treat a lady like that.

I'm ok with it, as I don't expect somebody I haven't met before to trust me, but it’s nice if a meal isn't made of it or it’s done discreetly.

Saying that, I've had two related experiences that I wasn't happy with. First one's a bit of a story. A few years back on holiday, I went for an overnighter in an upscale hotel in a famously snobby resort/town. My first choice - a very lovely looking Russian lady based in Germany, was going to travel to me by train, but got turned back at the border as her passport wasn't in order. By the time I learned this, evening was upon me and I was getting very itchy, so I made a hurried booking with another agency, where the girl was a local, though still 3 hrs travel away.

For various reasons, including having kept other female company for the week preceding, I didn't want the hotel desk manager to even suspect that a liaison was afoot, so I mentioned that it was important for her to dress appropriately (by which I meant elegantly & conservatively) and arranged that I would meet her outside and bring her in first - and then her bags, discreetly, later.

Events conspired. She was very late, and so I had gone for a short walk by the time she called to say she'd arrived. I told her to wait the 1 minute it would take me to reach her. She walked to the lobby, blinged-up, with her luggage, and went straight to the desk, asking for me. The desk commandant took it upon himself to check out whether she was 'fit' to ascend - and asked her for my surname, which we hadn't thought to exchange. I had just reached the desk by this point; I recognized her, but she clearly didn't know me by sight. Before I could speak and try and rescue the situation, the commandant repeats "the guest's surname, Madame?". She blustered. It must have been obvious to him, as he positively scowled - in an openly sanctimonious and disapproving manner. I was seething with him for being a nosey twat, and with her and myself for being fools.

Anyway, we walked up to the room, I asked if I could get her a drink - she says something like "champagne, of course - what else?" in a clipped manner - I hand her the glass and she said "Hadn't you better pay me my money first?” A big envelope, with her name written on it, had been sitting on the bureau next to her for just this purpose. I couldn't swear to it, but I honestly don't believe we'd been in the room together for more than three minutes. Gentle reader, I confess to having harboured momentary but intense feelings on the deeply violent spectrum. As these quickly abated, the next seriously considered option was to pay her a token few hundred for her journey there and back and to tell her, in no uncertain terms, what I thought of her. In the end I took lots of deep breaths and we started over. Looking back, although I don't know for sure, I think it must have been one of her first assignments.

Another payment incident was with Maxes in the UK: a delightful, slightly older lady, on a 4 hrs for 3 promotion. As I reached the ATM near her hotel I realized that I'd forgotten the rate - so I rang Maxes to ask. They gave me the rate for 4hrs, apparently forgetting the 4 for 3hr offer - and I didn't know better. When I arrived, I handed x the envelope and went for a shower. Whilst drying myself off she called to me to say that I'd put too much in. Thinking I may have included an extra tenner or £20 from my wallet by mistake - but that it would seem churlish to ask for this back, I said, "Oh, its not way too much is it?” she said "no". I later discovered on returning to their site that it had been the hour’s difference - so probably about £120. To make matters worse; although I’m not normally a 'value' punter who wants every 'pop' possible in his allotted time (usually once will suffice), we had 1/2hr to spare after my first 'sesh', and I confess I was about to angle for a farewell BJ, or at least a nice wind-down natter, when she got up and into the shower herself and gave out the 'meetings over' signal.

Yes, I'd had a nice time. But no, I would not recommend, nor return to her.

Mistakes happen and we don't know you have checked, so a quick count and grateful smile means that side of thing is settled and we can both move on to other things :)

spot on! I've been given short twice when i didn't count and on both occasions i dont think it was intentional. the first guy I've seen before (and since) didn't pay me till the end ( i usually get it first) and because it was rushed (I had to leave asap, we'd gone slightly over) I didn't count. I've never mentioned it to him and I wouldn't. My mistake, should have counted, one to take on the chin.

the 2nd time was with a new guy when I was out of my usual area. He gave me fifties and even when I was checking them he asked if I'd like twenties instead! Yes please! but I didn't check it. I still had the strong feeling it wasn't done on purpose which was confirmed when he came again the next day. the tip he gave more than covered the 20 short! B) But I make sure I count now. Anyone can make a mistake!!!

Actually counting the money can take some time in itself on ocassion. At a party where you pay on exit a punter paid £120 in £1 coins, saved up in his piggy-bank no doubt. ;)

Actually counting the money can take some time in itself on ocassion. At a party where you pay on exit a punter paid £120 in £1 coins, saved up in his piggy-bank no doubt. ;)

Ha Ha! I used to hear of a law where shops etc were obliged to accept 'legal tender'. Not sure if an urban myth or actually in legislation - but do WG's come under it? lol

Ha Ha! I used to hear of a law where shops etc were obliged to accept 'legal tender'. Not sure if an urban myth or actually in legislation - but do WG's come under it? lol

I have no idea, i always pay with notes even when its been £99 an hour. ;):)

I have no idea, i always pay with notes even when its been £99 an hour. ;):)

I believe there is a point where too much change ceases to be acceptable as "legal tender" and you can refuse to accept it.

I am probably wrong and it is another myth.

Of course you could load the change into a hold-up and swipe someone with it! :rolleyes:

I believe there is a point where too much change ceases to be acceptable as "legal tender" and you can refuse to accept it.

I am probably wrong and it is another myth.

Not a myth...see here

I do remember as a youngster always having a stamp on me in case I needed to get home in an emergency and was bereft of farthings.

I think back then it was the policy of bus companys to accept stamps in lieu of cash.

From the previous link

"Both parties are free to agree to accept any form of payment whether legal tender or otherwise according to their wishes. In order to comply with the very strict rules governing an actual legal tender it is necessary, for example, actually to offer the exact amount due because no change can be demanded."

Which I suppose means if I pop down to the local Tesco's (other supermarkets are available) with a £50 note and buy an apple as a gift for the lady with whom I am about to liaise they can screw me for the change.

I did not mind at all when the lady counted the money when I forked it out. Much better than her putting it away and counting later and finding I was short