Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pierrebleu

Police Raids

7 posts in this topic

I saw in the news recently that police had raided a few oriental parlours and arrested the owner on grounds of trafficking. Does anyone know where and which parlours were raided and particularly has anyone any experience of these parlours and did they notice anything unusual about the girls. I do visit oriental girls and have allways found them very willing, so I am presuming that there is no chance that they are working against their will. I would hate the thought of having sex with a girl who was forced into prostitution.

Pierrebleu

I saw in the news recently that police had raided a few oriental parlours and arrested the owner on grounds of trafficking. Does anyone know where and which parlours were raided and particularly has anyone any experience of these parlours and did they notice anything unusual about the girls. I do visit oriental girls and have allways found them very willing, so I am presuming that there is no chance that they are working against their will. I would hate the thought of having sex with a girl who was forced into prostitution.

Pierrebleu

Look on the legalities board, its mentioned on there. The fact is you cant know whether any WG is being coerced for definite and if trafficked some might be more than willing to come here on a bond and agree to pay it off by working as a WG. Others are unaware they will be working as WGs as they were told they would have a regular job. Those that are convicted of trafficking should face very long prison sentences, its lives they are ruining.

I hope the government do severly restrict those that come here on student visas from outside the EU, a known route of trafficking and actually check up on those they let in.

Look on the legalities board, its mentioned on there. The fact is you cant know whether any WG is being coerced for definite and if trafficked some might be more than willing to come here on a bond and agree to pay it off by working as a WG. Others are unaware they will be working as WGs as they were told they would have a regular job. Those that are convicted of trafficking should face very long prison sentences, its lives they are ruining.

I hope the government do severly restrict those that come here on student visas from outside the EU, a known route of trafficking and actually check up on those they let in.

Smiths, by people "convicted of trafficking", I take it you mean the ones who have tricked/coerced women into working as WGs, and I thoroughly agree. Of course, as you've correctly pointed out, trafficking as such doesn't have to involve coercion or deceipt of the woman in question.

As regards student visas, I'm not sure. I can think of at least one Thai woman who came in on a student visa, worked in London for a couple of years (including paying off her debt, I believe) and seems for the most part to have enjoyed her time here. We're still in touch, so I know she misses London and is considering trying to come back over for a while. Not much coercion involved there, then.

As for the raids, I caught the TV coverage when the story broke, and noticed that it prominently featured footage of doors being smashed in (very dramatic, looks great on TV). And both in the commentary and in the brief interview with the police officer behind the raid, the word "rescue" seemed to feature very heavily. Personally, I tend to get a bit suspicious about over-use of that particular word in this kind of context, though who knows, maybe it really was appropriate in this case.

Edited by Beauregard

Smiths, by people "convicted of trafficking", I take it you mean the ones who have tricked/coerced women into working as WGs, and I thoroughly agree. Of course, as you've correctly pointed out, trafficking as such doesn't have to involve coercion or deceipt of the woman in question.

As regards student visas, I'm not sure. I can think of at least one Thai woman who came in on a student visa, worked in London for a couple of years (including paying off her debt, I believe) and seems for the most part to have enjoyed her time here. We're still in touch, so I know she misses London and is considering trying to come back over for a while. Not much coercion involved there, then.

As for the raids, I caught the TV coverage when the story broke, and noticed that it prominently featured footage of doors being smashed in (very dramatic, looks great on TV). And both in the commentary and in the brief interview with the police officer behind the raid, the word "rescue" seemed to feature very heavily. Personally, I tend to get a bit suspicious about over-use of that particular word in this kind of context, though who knows, maybe it really was appropriate in this case.

Maybe most who come here willingly and agree to a bond do pay it off and make a better life but my worry is about those that get ill so cant work or simply decide being a WG isnt for them, i wouldnt imagine those that got them here or associates would be too happy, i wonder what happens to those women.

Those that are willing and here on bonds certainly wont thank the police etc when they are rescued and possibly then deported back home with the bond still not fully paid off in some cases, i wonder what those that arranged their travel and bond do in those circumstances, write the bond off or something more sinister. The whole practice is wrong in my view and thats why i hope we tighten our entry arrangements up.

Edited by smiths

Maybe most who come here willingly and agree to a bond do pay it off and make a better life but my worry is about those that get ill so cant work or simply decide being a WG isnt for them, i wouldnt imagine those that got them here or associates would be too happy, i wonder what happens to those women.

Those that are willing and here on bonds certainly wont thank the police etc when they are rescued and possibly then deported back home with the bond still not fully paid off in some cases, i wonder what those that arranged their travel and bond do in those circumstances, write the bond off or something more sinister. The whole practice is wrong in my view and thats why i hope we tighten our entry arrangements up.

I very much agree that the whole business of bonds sucks and gives serious cause for concern, as has been voiced in other threads on this forum from time to time. What worries me here is whether tightening up our entry arrangements is really a step in the right direction. After all, the bond system has its roots in the fact that it's hard for these women to get here legally. Surely if it becomes even harder for them to enter, they might well end up even more at risk of this kind of exploitation.

Not saying I have the answer here - but I do worry that tightening up in this respect may take us in the wrong direction.

It is so prolific here due to our lax laws, and the high profit margins. Once I asked a girl how much she earnt, and it was only £5 per client after deductions, food, lodging, education etc. It takes a long time at that rate to pay off her bond.

Note that this was a UKBA operation, not a police one. They obviously wanted to make a big splash, ensuring they had film crew there for the raids. Plus a quote from Immigration Minister Damien Green to emphasise that the Government is "doing something".

There is another thread running on the L&L board, with a link to the informative Surrey Herald report.

13 premises raided, yet a mere "five suspected sex workers" discovered at the addresses. That suggests most raids were not on brothels but on the homes of those running things. If it had been working premises there would have been a lot more WGs.

We will see in due course if the suspicions of "trafficking" have any substance, but the Surrey Herald report states "suspected of trafficking sex workers around Britain". That's "around", not "into". So that could be just driving them to the station.

Smiths, not unreasonably, has a thing about bonds and raises the topic at the drop of the word "oriental". But as I pointed out only recently, bonds are not so common for the Chinese, it's mainly for the Thais.

On the visa question, as Beauregard says, tightening up the regime will most likely ensure more illegality, not less. There are girls queuing up in China to come here. If they can't get "legit" visas they will turn to other solutions.

The daft thing about it from the "immigration" point of view is that most of the girls don't want to stay here, they just want to earn their wedge and then get back home to spend it.