Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
touch79

Legal Age For Massage

5 posts in this topic

I recently responded to an advert in my local shop window for a lady offering massage. Turns out the 'lady' is 16.

So it got me thinking about what is and isn't legal.

I guess, in theory at least, there's no issue with a 16 year old practising massage. My local (legit) salon employs a 17 year old for this, so I don't imagine there's an problem there.

There's also no legal barrier to two consenting over 16s having sexual contact.

From there though, the legalities appear to get a little more murky. It's obviously illegal for an under 18 to engage in prostitution but, at this stage at least, we're talking about nothing more than a straight massage. Obviously what may or may not occur during that massage is an unknown, and I havent specifically asked because I always prefer not to know prior to a visit.

Let's say, for example, that the masseuse starts massaging near the genital area with occasional 'accidental' contact. Are we still legal?

What if a Happy Ending ensues? Are we still legal then?

I'm genuinely not sure exactly where the line becomes crossed. I suppose if no more money changed hands then no 'prostitution' would have taken place, but, even if no more money was requested, would the wilfull giving of a tip constitute a payment for services or an act of generosity and/or gratitude.

So what exactly is it that tips the balance? The services advertised? The act itself? The request for payment? The making of a payment?

Would be interested to hear your thoughts, also those of anyone who has experienced a similar situation.

It's illegal to pay (or promise to pay) for the sexual services of someone under 18 - (section 47 SOA 2003) - although it's not illegal for the provider.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2003/42/section/47

Section 78 states that:

"... touching or any other activity is sexual if a reasonable person would consider that—

(a)whatever its circumstances or any person’s purpose in relation to it, it is because of its nature sexual, or.

(b)because of its nature it may be sexual and because of its circumstances or the purpose of any person in relation to it (or both) it is sexual."

I reckon that means that the form of genital contact or happy ending that you may be seeking is a sexual service.

Payment (or promise of payment) + obtaining a sexual service + under-18 = Illegal

my thoughts on this are simple; lots of hairdressers have saturday girls and appretices this is normal....BUT to have an under eighteen offering massage screams wrong wrong wrong. Wether she ofefrs anything or not the clients may either ask her or recieve a thrill with such a young girl.I think all minors that work should be working in an open enviroment...not private cubicle...this goes for female to female waxing too or any undraped service

For anyone offering a massage, whether a sensual massage or any other type, they have to be 18 years of age.

A person has to be 18 years or over to even take a massage course.

And a person under the age of 18 can not receive an massage, unless in the company of an parent or guardian, with a signed acceptance from the adult.

For anyone offering a massage, whether a sensual massage or any other type, they have to be 18 years of age.

A person has to be 18 years or over to even take a massage course.

And a person under the age of 18 can not receive an massage, unless in the company of an parent or guardian, with a signed acceptance from the adult.

Some local authorities require premises to have a Massage and Special Treatment licence from the local authority. Those in London are governed by the London Local Authorities Act 1991 (as amended).

Authorities may impose conditions attached to the MST licence.

It's not difficult to find authorities that do not require premises to be licensed, especially outside London.

Apart from the SOA 2003 there are no UK criminal laws relating to age and massage.