Sarah Summers

Nerves Before A Punt

18 posts in this topic

Do you get them?

I have been a WG for nine years and I still get them. I have them today. I find if I take time off, I feel as if I can't do this anymore, but when the appointment is over I feel great. It's just the hurdle of doing it. Does anyone else feel the same?

Do you get them?

I have been a WG for nine years and I still get them. I have them today. I find if I take time off, I feel as if I can't do this anymore, but when the appointment is over I feel great. It's just the hurdle of doing it. Does anyone else feel the same?

Yes I do get nervous before a punt, if I am nervous the punt is normally excellent, just a coincidence ?

Get yourself down to London for a trip Sarah....PLEASE

For me?

It is part of the excitement, even though the rational part of me knows there is nothing to be nervous about, especially when it is meeting someone I know well.

Hence my signature.

Do you get them?

No never nowadays. I am excited but not nervous and there is a big difference between the two for me. :)

Do you get them?

It's a bit like just before going on stage or giving a speech. The nerves are healthy adrenalin and excitement I reckons.... B)

Do you get them?

I would hate it if my WG didn't feel at least a little nervous to see who was coming through the door, otherwise it smacks of a production line attitude that eventually will manifest itself in a lower level of professional service. I suppose it's a bit like any job, if you can't do it with at least a little passion/nerves/excitement then should you be looking for something else to do or just stay in the rut?

I like what you say Sarah though (here and elsewhere) and is why I have been trying to get up to the wild north for some time to see you! And personally I can't get into touring just because it smacks of a production line approach that I assume you need just to make the whole thing more viable. I would prefer to see you relaxed in your boudoir!

As for nerves v excitement, yes there is a clear difference, but still think that a dose of nerves adds to the excitement of the event.

While calling a WG and booking a time with her, I feel both a bit nervous and kind of self-confident at the same time, if you understand what I mean. But by the time the meeting with the girl is coming closer Iusually get more nervous and begin to think if I should cancel the meeting. Luckily, my feelings usually get better when I actually meet the girl. All in all, I think that a little bit of nervousness is an essential part of a good punt.

The nervousness I had at the start has been replaced by excitement, where the only difference in feeling is confidence.

When I go to LMP even though I've been a few times and know what to expect when that door opens and I say hello to Dwayne and then Lady Em, my whole body is physically shaking in excitement.

Edited by Tibbs

No never nowadays. I am excited but not nervous and there is a big difference between the two for me. :)

Apart from the 'big difference'(!) this goes for me too. :)

Do you get them?

Nerves amplify if you dont know whats going to happen.

I know that once Im outside her front door or waiting for her to come into the bedroom theres an awkard "errr what do I say?"

Well before the punt just think of something, no matter how cheesey, and say it. If WGs can act then so on punters.

Or bring something...

Im STILL sometimes nervous on a punt but I think of a "script" to say for the first few moments, (sadly usually in the style of Chris odowd from the IT crowd)

"hi, I know we've met before and you didnt like the chocolates back then..."

"So I've brought a strawberry milkshake and a packet of custard creams......?"

Edited by Overworked

I feel nerves have greatly affected my life in many sorts of ways. This can be really tough to deal with.

However, of late I've felt it has to change. My nervousness towards things, especially sexual, has changed to more excitement. I've always felt I'd just know when I felt it right for me to visited a working lady and ultimately lose my virginity.

That is not to say I won't be nervous, but it is no longer a nervousness I feel is crippling to me, or at least I hope it is not!

I like the nerves. It adds a 'frisson' and if and when I don't get them I think I'd give it all up. It would seem too mechanical.

It lends a certain magic when I walk up to that door and those butterflies dance around inside me....especially if I've seen the girl before and I know I'm going to be welcome and maybe do something we havn't done before.

Wonderful.

A touch of nerves typically if I am meeting someone new, or someone I have not seen for a long time, and excited anticipation when meeting up with a regular. Can be quite similar though.

The very first time was pretty nerve wrecking but the more you book it becomes very natural. I often enjoy long conversations with the person on the phone when making a booking so my requests can be fulfilled.

I suppose it has to be nerves of excitement more then anxious nerves.

I have known some working girls who say they get so nervous at times they excuse themselves for a minute or two and throw up in the toilet.

I went on a brilliant public speaking course in the days before I found my dream 'job'. The trainer took at least an hour exploring the difference between nerves and excitement and essentially the physical bodily reactions are almost completely the same. So if I am nervous I tell myself that I am excited, which I am! I find kissing a new lover as soon as possible forms a bond and soothes the nerves :D

Still get nerves sometimes after 20 years or so.

Whats there to be nervous about ha? you no exactly what youre paying & coming in for. dont ya!!!

Do you get them?

[/quote

I still get nerves when seeing new people I think it keeps you on your toes so it isnt always a bad thing.

Shelly