Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Niknack

Drunk?

31 posts in this topic

I'm curious to know if WGs would refuse (for whatever reason) a punt if the guy turned up drunk. Not just a little merry...but proper drunk.... I'd image this happens, how did you handle it?

I'm curious to know if WGs would refuse (for whatever reason) a punt if the guy turned up drunk. Not just a little merry...but proper drunk.... I'd image this happens, how did you handle it?

I can't imagine any lady would be happy seeing a drunk client - I won't see people who are under the influence of anything, and have had quizzical looks when punters have turned up brandishing bottles of wine (sometimes in the middle of the day!) only to be told that I don't drink while I'm working. I rarely drink at all myself, so I may not be typical but surely work is work?

Pissed people are more often than not boring, clumsy and rough, and can be frighteningly unpredictable, especially if they're having trouble performing. The smell of stale alcohol makes me feel sick, too. Somebody who's had a pint to kill time on the way to mine is one thing (and I'd still rather they didn't) but any more than that and it's thanks but no thanks - on the rare occasion it has happened I've generally been able to spot it on the phone and ask rather than having to deal with it face to face, but I've done that too. Most punters, thankfully, have more sense.

Edited by AdorableAmy

I can't imagine any lady would be happy seeing a drunk client - I won't see people who are under the influence of anything, and have had quizzical looks when punters have turned up brandishing bottles of wine (sometimes in the middle of the day!) only to be told that I don't drink while I'm working. I rarely drink at all myself, so I may not be typical but surely work is work?

Pissed people are more often than not boring, clumsy and rough, and can be frighteningly unpredictable, especially if they're having trouble performing. The smell of stale alcohol makes me feel sick, too. Somebody who's had a pint to kill time on the way to mine is one thing (and I'd still rather they didn't) but any more than that and it's thanks but no thanks - on the rare occasion it has happened I've generally been able to spot it on the phone and ask rather than having to deal with it face to face, but I've done that too. Most punters, thankfully, have more sense.

Where do you stand on Red Bull Amy?

Where do you stand on Red Bull Amy?

Christ, that stuff stinks worse than a medicine ball through a Savers chemist perfume counter. If there was a way of covering the smell, I daresay a one-canner would be tolerable, mind. I've never wanted it near enough my face to be able to try it.

Edited by AdorableAmy

Christ, that stuff stinks worse than a medicine ball through a Savers chemist perfume counter. If there was a way of covering the smell, I daresay a one-canner would be tolerable, mind. I've never wanted it near enough my face to be able to try it.

Lol. I suspected you might have a view!

And for the Punters...

What if the WG is drunk?

I made that mistake once and didn't walk, never again.

Mostly it went well until it was time to leave and then she accused me of not paying her.

Then your left with the rational/irrational conversation as I asked her to check her purse, she did and failed to notice my money sitting there.

When she did and checked it to find it was the amount I had paid her.

Then she claimed it must have been someone else's payment.

On and on it went.

Resolved when she fell asleep on her sofa, so I left quietly.

Lol. I suspected you might have a view!

My view is that everybody punting or puntertaining should drink tea, made in a pot and with Yorkshire tea bags if there isn't any loose Darjeeling knocking about. And have biscuits :P.

And for the Punters...

What if the WG is drunk?

Mostly it went well until it was time to leave and then she accused me of not paying her.

Then your left with the rational/irrational conversation as I asked her to check her purse, she did and failed to notice my money sitting there.

On and on it went.

If the WG has been drunk its usually meant a bad punt in my experience and to be honest i dont want to punt with WGs in this state, it really isnt fun. :)

If the WG has been drunk its usually meant a bad punt in my experience and to be honest i dont want to punt with WGs in this state, it really isnt fun. :)

I wish I'd had your experience before that one :rolleyes:

Still we all learn by our experiences.

And for the Punters...

What if the WG is drunk?

On and on it went.

I got horribly drunk on a dinner date booking back in the day - I hadn't really done many and I'd never met the punter before; he kept filling my glass and because I was nervous I kept drinking it (I still tend to reach for my glass if I'm struggling, so now I make sure I have water). I got through the after-part, but I could barely speak to the taxi driver on the way back to my hotel and I was as sick as a dog when I got in. Lesson learned (although he thought it was great - fortunately he was as bad as I was :blink:).

My view is that everybody punting or puntertaining should drink tea, made in a pot and with Yorkshire tea bags if there isn't any loose Darjeeling knocking about. And have biscuits :P.

Brilliant Amy.:D :D

I wish I'd had your experience before that one :rolleyes:

Still we all learn by our experiences.

More than one sadly but such is punting. :)

"...And have biscuits... :P."

Chocolate Digestives?

Chocolate Digestives?

Any would do at the moment! I've just had a tooth out and bought myself a consolation gingerbread man on the way home, only to find that all I could do was suck its legs until they came off because of the anaesthetic. I like Tunnocks caramel wafers and those posh Jammie Dodgers that have icing in :).

The worst I've had with a pissed punter was a bloke who turned up one evening looking OK, but had obviously had one or two before he came. I'd seen him before and he was fine, so when he proffered a bottle of wine I didn't mind opening it and had a glass but he drank the rest, admitted it was his third and would up so drunk so quickly I had no idea what to do; I didn't want him causing a fuss in the corridor so I let him sleep it off on the settee for a bit, but it evenutally took me until 3am to get rid of him and I've no plans for a repeat performance.

Edited by AdorableAmy

"...all I could do was suck its legs until they came..."

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Hahahahahaha. That maybe belongs in the Craply Written Adverts thread. Discount for all those of Farinaceous origin. Gingers welcome :D.

Edited by AdorableAmy

Savers aren't chemists, they're drugstores.

I'll get me coat...

I have never had much of a problem with drunk clients, even those who

were in their own homes or hotel rooms when I did out call visits to them.

Men coming to me almost always drive so are sober.

I did once endure a couple I visited .... they were off their heads

on "things" including what had been in several empty wine bottles lying

around their living room.

I just gritted my teeth and got through it. Thankfully those occasions

are very very rare.

And for the Punters...

What if the WG is drunk?

On and on it went.

I was quite happy the time that the WG I saw was drunk,only had enough money for a hand-job,but the girl was'nt really able to do that,so we ended up having sex,mind you it was like making love to a sack of tatties,however I was young and horny in those days:)

When I first started I had a guy come very late at night. I'd spoken to him earlier and I suppose I got a false sense of security - you live and learn! He was off his face on C and got paranoid. He searched (and I mean searched) for hidden cameras. I had to reassure him a million times he had his poxy cufflinks. It took me hours to get him to leave! bit of a nghtmare.

on the other side of the coin

Did fairly long booking in London and the Mr had a thing about women drinking from Pint glasses (something I dont do by the way, I don't care who else does) and in the end I was rat-arsed! Thankfully I held it together until the booking ended and he was in pretty much the same state. I missed last train and ended up sharing hotel room with woman who was complete stranger! She turned out to be fine (same situation as me - pissed and missed hers too) and thankfully so did the Mr. I left my personal phone at his hotel and tale between legs had to collect it next morning. He was lovely and as hungover as me, but could have been very different! as I said - You live and learn :wacko:

i booked an hours companionship via an agency and was suprised by the comment of the booker...."please4 call us if she has been drinking".a couple of hours laTER i made my way to regents park to meet the lady. she opened the door dressed in lovely lingerie swigging from an open bottle of champagne!i went in and she offered a drink to me...when i said yes she declared she would need to open another bottle.

Needless to say alarm bells started to ring.The hour went well....very well while i was in the shower her phone went...she told the agency the booking was finished. whilst i dressed i got a text from agency asking for feedback.

i showed her the text...and replied she was sober and great punt.over the next 2 hours we finished another bottle and i had a most memorable time creeping out the place in the early hours.

I've had someone drive to me and stagger in through the front door eyes half open. He also appeared to be stoned and smelt of stale smoke. I did my best but I'm afraid he started sipping whisky from a bottle in his jacket. He claimed to have only had one or two, that it helped his stayed power. Unfortunately the smell and taste of neat whisky, on top of whatever he'd had previously, plus the cigarettes just made it nigh on impossible to kiss him. I quickly brought the appointment to an end, declining the kind offer to extend :unsure:

I don't mind clients having one or two drinks, but too much dutch courage is usually detrimental to most meetings!

Better to have Assam, surely? Darjeeling is just seccond best! :P

I thought most punters were called John? :rolleyes:

Well Yorkshire Tea is mostly Assam, but I suppose it's personal preference. If it's not the morning builders cuppa I like Darjeeling because it's more delicate and I don't like milk in it; Assam is cheaper because it's less scarce and easier to grow. My last lot of Darjeeling came directly from Darjeeling and was brought for me by an ex-poster on this very board :).

I thought most punters were called John? :rolleyes:

A quick scan through my diary a while back revealed that most punters are called Dave, Steve, Paul or Tony. Give it a few years and they'll all be called Tom, Jack and Ethan and so on - I suspect it's more to do with the age group an individual lady normally attracts. Either way, they ain't coming in if they're hammered :D.