RamRod

Birmingham Mail

11 posts in this topic

Tried to copy and paste the link on here hope it works.

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2011/07/02/birmingham-councillor-offered-sexual-services-at-massage-parlour-97319-28979799/

Apparently the Councillor had to register on to the site to get an appointment.

I read this in the Bullring (the muffin place) and just didn't know if I believed him or not. Think it could only be settled by him disclosing evidence of his back problem and treatment.

Unlucky for him if his explanation is true and naive of him not to realise he simply had to avoid such a risk in his own manor.

But what was going on with members' details being distributed??

Poor guy, probably a regular and got caught out, he should have had a really good reason already prepared, I suspect that he had no warning what the interview was about and was grasping at straws.

Giving out an email address that could be traced back to him was really stupid and I hope he is one of the dumbest councillors in Brum.

I don't think he's dumb at all. I think he's explained himself away very skilfully. Change of owners, hadn't realised, different business: it's all good.

This actually raises something on my mind for a while.

Some establishments now seem to want clients to "register" details. This story shows exactly why you shouldn't. If that information isn't correctly protected or is mis-used then clients are left exposed.

This industry does come under the attention of the authorities and for that reason alone service providers SHOULD NOT keep any personal records at all.

Believe me if the wheel falls off the police WILL follow up any lines of enquiry and a members list, mailing list or anything that gives a direct contact to a potential witness of suspect will be exhausted.

Examples -

Clients dies on premises. Robbery on premises. Serious assault on premises. Raid for drugs, illegals, under age etc etc etc All of these things are not uncommon in this industry. God forbid someone is seriously injured or dies an officer is accused of malpractice or the defence decides it want full disclosure of all unused material to grind the actual criminal proceedings to standstill.

The police will set up a HOLMES (Home Office Large Major Enquiry System) incident room.H.O.L.M.E.S

This ensures (in theory) that all evidence is cross referenced and index linked.

If you have a punting sim change it every 28 days, do not enter into any membership scheme. If you do then make sure you cannot be identified from it or rather it cannot be traced to your home address, phone contract, PC ISDN number or a vehicle registered in your names. If you use Pay As Go DO NOT use credit cards to top up and DO NOT top up anywhere where there is CCTV. Better still get someone else to buy your top up card in cash for you, perhaps the wife ?

Obviously people may think this is scare mongering and if you are single and your job/relationship would not be at risk if you were sought as a witness be it for the defence or prosecution to an incident in a brothel then all is cool.

Obviously people may think this is scare mongering and if you are single and your job/relationship would not be at risk if you were sought as a witness be it for the defence or prosecution to an incident in a brothel then all is cool.

Interesting food for thought Mr D. Thanks for posting that. Mind you, I think I'll pass on the suggestion of getting my wife to buy the top up card for my punting sim :o .

A double bluff can work wonders in the future. "My SIM !! of course not love, why would I have got you to top it up if I was going to use it to call prostitutes"?

This industry does come under the attention of the authorities and for that reason alone service providers SHOULD NOT keep any personal records at all.

Believe me if the wheel falls off the police WILL follow up any lines of enquiry and a members list, mailing list or anything that gives a direct contact to a potential witness of suspect will be exhausted.

Examples -

Clients dies on premises. Robbery on premises. Serious assault on premises. Raid for drugs, illegals, under age etc etc etc All of these things are not uncommon in this industry. God forbid someone is seriously injured or dies an officer is accused of malpractice or the defence decides it want full disclosure of all unused material to grind the actual criminal proceedings to standstill.

The police will set up a HOLMES (Home Office Large Major Enquiry System) incident room.H.O.L.M.E.S

This ensures (in theory) that all evidence is cross referenced and index linked.

If you have a punting sim change it every 28 days, do not enter into any membership scheme. If you do then make sure you cannot be identified from it or rather it cannot be traced to your home address, phone contract, PC ISDN number or a vehicle registered in your names. If you use Pay As Go DO NOT use credit cards to top up and DO NOT top up anywhere where there is CCTV. Better still get someone else to buy your top up card in cash for you, perhaps the wife ?

So does this mean I should stopping phoning you from my home phone?

A double bluff can work wonders in the future. "My SIM !! of course not love, why would I have got you to top it up if I was going to use it to call prostitutes"?

Aha, a bit like the married guys who head off for a punt declaring they are off to shag a beautiful girl 30 years younger than them, only to be thought of as a siily old fool eh ? Unfortunately, my main phone is on a monthly contract and hence the existence of my PAYG punting sim needs to remain one of my many secrets.

Not sure I can be arsed to change it monthly either. The advice about not topping up via credit card is very sound though.

So does this mean I should stopping phoning you from my home phone?

Only if your Mum is still the account holder.