3omoriber

Perils Of Std's From Massage

16 posts in this topic

I thought I knew everything about STD's and what was safe sexual practice until I contracted something called molluscum contagiosum after a visit to a Chinese massage shop. A few days after a body to body massage the tell tale signs appeared and the red spots spread all over my groin area. After a visit to the doctor I found out how contagious these are and I've spent the last few weeks trying to cover up so my wife can't see them, and trying to ensure they don't spread. It'll take over a year for the signs to disappear and all this time there is a risk of spread through body to body contact. This really affects my relationship with my wife but it has brought me to my senses about my behaviour and the need to re-commit to her and try and resurrect what was once a good relationship.

Can you say from where so place can be avoided

Can you say from where so place can be avoided

A place in Wimbledon, The Broadway but it's something that is easy to get anywhere...

do you have kids - as it is possible to catch them from them - it is common with kids to have them all over their body - so if you have kids ..... you mau just have a get Out of Jail Free card

A place in Wimbledon, The Broadway but it's something that is easy to get anywhere...

I had the same issue when I visit a famous tantric place...Result I got epididymitis, a constant pain and tenderness in my testicle and cord. Took a course of antibiotics and suffered for a couple of months to get rid of it even after 2 weeks. Still a puzzle how I got contacted as this is a nonsexual thingy..Can any one shed some light?

do you have kids - as it is possible to catch them from them - it is common with kids to have them all over their body - so if you have kids ..... you mau just have a get Out of Jail Free card

Molluscum contagiosum can affect anyone of any age. However, about 8 in 10 cases occur in people under the age of 15. Most occur in children aged 1-4 years.

Gloomy news and a bit of a wake-up call for all massage-only fans. Wikipedia tells us that:

This common viral disease has a higher incidence in children, sexually active adults, and those who are immunodeficient,and the infection is most common in children aged one to ten years old. MC can affect any area of the skin but is most common on the trunk of the body, arms, and legs. It is spread through direct contact or shared items such as clothing or towels.

The virus commonly spreads through skin-to-skin contact. This includes sexual contact or touching or scratching the bumps and then touching the skin. Handling objects that have the virus on them, such as a towel, can also result in infection. The virus can spread from one part of the body to another or to other people. The virus can be spread among children at day care or at school. Molluscum contagiosum is contagious until the bumps are gone-which, if untreated, may be up to 6 months or longer. The time from infection to the appearance of lesions can range up to 6 months, with an average incubation period between 2 and 7 weeks

I had the same issue when I visit a famous tantric place...Result I got epididymitis, a constant pain and tenderness in my testicle and cord. Took a course of antibiotics and suffered for a couple of months to get rid of it even after 2 weeks. Still a puzzle how I got contacted as this is a nonsexual thingy..Can any one shed some light?

just out of interest what antibiotics did you take for this as i thought you had to have sugery for this ?? epididymitis can be from the result of gonerrea by the way

A few days after a body to body massage the tell tale signs appeared

Is is not possible to identify the source of this infection unless the establishment was the only one the OP had visited as the incubation period for Molluscum is long and variable and usually much longer than a few days.

What is epididymitis?

Inflammation of the epididymis is much more common than orchitis. Epididymitis usually arises as a complication of an urinary system infection, and is usually caused by a bacteria. In the past, gonorrhoea was the most common cause of epididymitis. Nowadays, most cases are probably caused by chlamydia. Nevertheless, in many cases no identifiable organism is found.

How do you catch chlamydia from a massage ? Unless it wasn't just a hands on body massage.

As to the OP - don't men have a good look at naked ladies before the body to body commences ? Not very responsible if you don't have a good gander :)

Sorry , asked a Q that had been answered

Edited by broadway

The standard NHS practice is they give you a course of Doxicyclin for a week or two along with pankillers like Voltarol...Looking for NSAs now :-) no more punting..

From reading about this I fail to see why it's classed as being anything sexual. If little kids can pass this on through contract and they are not having sex then so too can adults. Do you play any contact sports like rugby? Have you tried any clothes on in a shop? Anything where your skin could come into contact with three skin of another or an article used by another. Touching the spot can move the inaction onto another part of your body so just because you show the symptoms there doesn't mean that is where the infection started. Touching a spot before having a wank could easily explain this.

When a person's first post is on a subject like this it always gets my alarm bells ringing, smacks of a vendetta, especially as he has as good as named the place. The incubation period sounds wrong, and you have to wonder if the OP has been back to advise the management and the girl ?

As others have pointed out, epididymitis (infection of one of the tubes leading from the testicle) is bacterial. It is usually due to chlamydia or more rarely gonorrhoea bacteria which are sexually transmitted. Other bacteria are less likely to find their way there and start an infection but occasionally do, particularly if there is some structural abnormality. See http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002258/ Treatment with doxycycline suggests that chlamydia was suspected. Whilst it may or may not have been sexually acquired don't see any way that you could have caught this from massage (nor do I understand 'suffered for a couple of months to get rid of it even after 2 weeks').

Molluscum contaginosum is a quite different issue, caused by a virus, and transmitted by close physical contact, not always sexual, certainly including massage; it can also be transmitted by contaminated clothes. Most cases are mild but clearly it can be unpleasant - see http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/molluscum/faq/everyone.htm

Unfortunately I don't have microspic vision unlike you :-) Moreover I'n not here for Vendetta and the place I go is my favorite even today and just inform them of this case. I can't wait to go back again ;) Basically this could be due to infection as well and since these parts are delicate any viral/bacterial infection takes long time to cure..Advised by GP to wear some scrotal support to reduce the pain. It's just a warning for punters to be extra cautious.that's all

How do you catch chlamydia from a massage ? Unless it wasn't just a hands on body massage.

As to the OP - don't men have a good look at naked ladies before the body to body commences ? Not very responsible if you don't have a good gander :)