Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wanderlust

News International

8 posts in this topic

Some of us will recall that, when the new law was brought in, regarding sex with a forced or coerced WG, an early 'showpiece' raid was launched on a Newham brothel, and the Sun newspaper was invited along.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2923124/Brothel-raid-as-sex-laws-change.html

It seemed a bit odd at the time and potentially coercive on those arrested, but as the financial relationships between the Met and NI become clearer, so too does a plausible explanation......

it seems very unlikely that the NoTW working practices didn't spill across into the Sun, as even Gordon Brown seems to agree: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/6155b970-abe6-11e0-945a-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1RpHC5ZGP

i know everyone keeps coming on TV and radio saying how shocked they are by what has been going on. Am I the only one who is not remotely shocked - infact nothing I have heard has remotely surprised me. More to the point I would have only been astonished if someone could prove to me that News International did not bug people and bribe police - it's no more than I expected.

Journalists paying police for information is nothing new. And anyone who thinks it's just NI who have been hacking is pretty naive. Though they do say far worse stuff is still to come out, which makes the mind boggle.

I think that it is fair to say that with an organisation as big as News International something like this was always likely. However, it was always likely to happen to celebrities eg Hugh Grant, and when they were attempting to uncover a BIG story, eg. Cricket fixing, Ricky Hatton cocaine spring to mind.

However, things like hacking Milly Dowler's phone is just morally corrupt. Also, if what Gordon Brown has said about his child's medical records being stolen are also to be believed, it just further emphasis the need for this ridiculously powerful media force to be stopped/closed down.

It evidently happened with News of the World, whose to say the other papers owned by this organisation are not as corrupt? They see the apple does not fall far from the tree.

I guess the PM is in a difficult position, does he follow what the people want? Or does he continue to be the puppy of Mr.Murdoch? It is absolute shambles that the previous 5 PM'S have ALL had Murdoch's backing, be it Labour or Conservative.

IamwhoIam

why should it be restricted to NI

do you think the mirror and star and telegraph and guardian arent at it too?

IamwhoIam

why should it be restricted to NI

do you think the mirror and star and telegraph and guardian arent at it too?

Papers like The Mirror and Telegraph, and Guardian certainly may do the same, however, currently there appears to be no such allegations, surely we cannot assume that such is taking place at these papers, unless evidence comes to light.

Also, those papers have very little influence, look at News International and the amount of TV stations and papers that it owns, and it is quite worrying to think they were on the verge of taking over BSkyB.

If our stupid MP's put as much effort into everything else that is going wrong in the UK at the moment such as care for the elderly and our train manufacturing industry as they are in debating NI listening to people voice messages I might have some time for them. But I don't, these are the same group of self centered ego massaging individuals that have been continually cosying up to NI. Still I guess they are canning their expenses with them being in Westminster every day talking more bollocks than they usually do.

Murdoch will have the last laugh eventually, what will our glorious MP's do in a couple of years time when the next general election is looming. Murdoch's revenge on them will be interesting to observe.

If our stupid MP's put as much effort into everything else that is going wrong in the UK at the moment such as care for the elderly and our train manufacturing industry as they are in debating NI listening to people voice messages I might have some time for them. But I don't, these are the same group of self centered ego massaging individuals that have been continually cosying up to NI. Still I guess they are canning their expenses with them being in Westminster every day talking more bollocks than they usually do.

Murdoch will have the last laugh eventually, what will our glorious MP's do in a couple of years time when the next general election is looming. Murdoch's revenge on them will be interesting to observe.

Yes, it's like when the school bully gets thumped and everyone, who had been sucking up to him, suddenly becomes all brave and bold. Wasn't Miliband at a party with Murdoch a few weeks ago?