Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ddlove

Going To Thailand

19 posts in this topic

I will be traveling on business in Thailand for a week or so next month. Have a few days to spare for punting in pattaya was after some punting friendly hotel suggestions. If has any suggestions much appreciated :)

I will be traveling on business in Thailand for a week or so next month. Have a few days to spare for punting in pattaya was after some punting friendly hotel suggestions. If has any suggestions much appreciated :)

Very few Thai hotels are NOT 'guest friendly' and I don't know any in Pattaya that are. A good place to check for Thai hotel bargains is www.latestays.com and if you can hold off until three weeks before your visit, you will have the best chance of getting a bargain. A bit of research will help you decide your preferred area (mine is Beach Road, but well removed from Walking Street)I just spent 12 nights at the 4* Discovery Beach Hotel (Beach Road, Soi 6/1) for about £35 per night but others here will tell you that I must be out of my mind, their favourite only costs them $8 per night and they get the hotelier's daughter thrown in free. :P

nb, in some higher-end hotels you may be asked to pay a modest 'joiner fee'. You can usually avoid this the first time by swearing that you plan to marry the girl on the weekend but if you plan on bedding serial fiance's, the second and subsequent ones require more devious tactics. Since my Thai 'regular' spent the entire stay with me, I was able to give the hotel her name in advance when I made the booking.

Edited by Tiggy 7

A budget hotel that I would recommend is.....

http://www.queenvicpattaya.com/

If money is not an issue.....

http://www.lkpattaya.com/

Both are very girl friendly.

Thank you for the info guys much appreciated. I'm going to lets day escape the hotel the business providing, any ok hotels around soi cowboy anyone can recommend? Might as well have some fun in bkk too before I head of to pattaya.

Once more much appreciated, oh and after school go-go supposed to have some nice girls anyone can confirm?

Thank you for the info guys much appreciated. I'm going to lets day escape the hotel the business providing, any ok hotels around soi cowboy anyone can recommend? Might as well have some fun in bkk too before I head of to pattaya.

Once more much appreciated, oh and after school go-go supposed to have some nice girls anyone can confirm?

Hear Is 3 near soi nana

Dynasty Inn Soi 4

www.dynastyinn.com

Majestic Suites Between Soi4-6

www.majesticsuites.com

There Is a whole thread on WSG on Bkk hotels, http://www.worldsexguide.com/forum/showthread.php?23457-Bangkok-hotel-guide.-Ask-hotel-questions-here.

Majestic Grande Soi 2

www.majesticgrande.com

Much appreciated, exactly what I was after.

I have read quite a few reviews and stories of exploits in the two areas. I am after specifically 1 st and 1 lt per day for 2 days. Different girls each time. As its my first visit to Thailand would picking up indies at the local bars be a better idea than the go-go's themselves? Mixed feedback in everything I have read but some more cannot hurt :)

Much appreciated, exactly what I was after.

I have read quite a few reviews and stories of exploits in the two areas. I am after specifically 1 st and 1 lt per day for 2 days. Different girls each time. As its my first visit to Thailand would picking up indies at the local bars be a better idea than the go-go's themselves? Mixed feedback in everything I have read but some more cannot hurt :)

Don't make plans, just go with the flow and let it happen.

You'll have a better time that way than going with a set idea to barfine from a Gogo or pick up a freelancer.

The only problem with the hotels mentioned by jerboa is they are further along Sukhumvit from Soi Cowboy, they are nearer Nana. If you want a hotel nearer Cowboy, you have the Sheraton and there are a few half decent hotels in Asoke, and on Soi 23.

I live in Bangkok and Cowboy beats Nana hands down, in my opinion.

Cowboy has a good selection of go-go's and bars, each with their own atmosphere, I agree with the previous poster, just go with the flow and see what takes your fancy.

The only problem with the hotels mentioned by jerboa is they are further along Sukhumvit from Soi Cowboy, they are nearer Nana. If you want a hotel nearer Cowboy, you have the Sheraton and there are a few half decent hotels in Asoke, and on Soi 23.

I live in Bangkok and Cowboy beats Nana hands down, in my opinion.

Cowboy has a good selection of go-go's and bars, each with their own atmosphere, I agree with the previous poster, just go with the flow and see what takes your fancy.

Much appreciated. Would you be able to suggest a couple of the other hotels about in Asoke or Soi 23? I would not expect the Sheraton to be all to happy with 4 girls in 2 days :)

The Sheraton is actually guest friendly, and a very nice hotel, but it has quite a big foyer and staff standing by the lifts which some people find a bit intimidating. The Westin is part of the Sheraton group, it's also guest friendly and a tad nearer, a lot depends on your budget.

There are plently of hotels near to Soi Cowboy, Asoke and Soi 23 are nearby and there are even more the other side of Sukhumvit, though you have to navigate the road. I only live minutes away from Cowboy so obviously don't need to stay in local hotels, but Citadines on Soi 23 is new and very nice.

This local website is pretty good http://bangkok2night.com/hotels/girl_friendly.shtml as is this one http://www.bangkokguestfriendlyhotels.com/soi-cowboy-red-light-district.html

When I said that the hotels recommended by jerboa were a nearer Nana, they are only one stop on the BTS away from Asoke BTS, which is a couple of minutes away from Cowboy, or 10 minutes or so in a taxi, depending on traffic. The Majestic Grande is probably the best of the bunch, but that is on the other side of Nana and the furthest. I think hotels nearer Asoke are better and the area is nicer and not so much "in your face".

The Sheraton is actually guest friendly, and a very nice hotel, but it has quite a big foyer and staff standing by the lifts which some people find a bit intimidating. The Westin is part of the Sheraton group, it's also guest friendly and a tad nearer, a lot depends on your budget.

There are plently of hotels near to Soi Cowboy, Asoke and Soi 23 are nearby and there are even more the other side of Sukhumvit, though you have to navigate the road. I only live minutes away from Cowboy so obviously don't need to stay in local hotels, but Citadines on Soi 23 is new and very nice.

This local website is pretty good http://bangkok2night.com/hotels/girl_friendly.shtml as is this one http://www.bangkokguestfriendlyhotels.com/soi-cowboy-red-light-district.html

When I said that the hotels recommended by jerboa were a nearer Nana, they are only one stop on the BTS away from Asoke BTS, which is a couple of minutes away from Cowboy, or 10 minutes or so in a taxi, depending on traffic. The Majestic Grande is probably the best of the bunch, but that is on the other side of Nana and the furthest. I think hotels nearer Asoke are better and the area is nicer and not so much "in your face".

Much appreciated, from who I saw the majestic looks ok but again a bit further from the cowboy. Nothing wrong tho taxi is fine for me. Not too sure what you get for the prices as were staying at the Hilton but I dont really see any chance of me bringing a girl back there or the female colleagues being too impressed so in reality dont really mind about the hotel. Bed, locker/safe, air con and within the vicinity of the Soi. As long as its not a total s - hole.

I saw this also somewhere as slightly more odd and quiter choices sort of out of the way:

http://www.bkktownlodge.com/rooms.html

Thene there was the crazy crazy cheap:

http://www.honeyhouse.co.th/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=3〈=en

which frankly I almost cannot believe the price. Any experiences on either one?

Also wanted to ask, do you get a better price by just walking up to a hotel and asking for a room or better to book first?

Any other suggestions much appreciated :)

I meant the majestic suites :)

It's a good place, but rooms are compact, close to soi 4 nana, but to get to Cowboy you can either walk It In 10 mins, catch the Skytrain or jump In a taxi meter.

Not been to the Honey house, but the price Is no surprise, even In Bkk you can find reasonable priced rooms.

Most hotels you can bring bargirls home, even the four star ones, but some you may have to pay a fee to the reception, these are guest unfriendly hotels.

i like column residence on soi 16. very close to cowboy and great hotel.

Much appreciated, from who I saw the majestic looks ok but again a bit further from the cowboy. Nothing wrong tho taxi is fine for me. Not too sure what you get for the prices as were staying at the Hilton but I dont really see any chance of me bringing a girl back there or the female colleagues being too impressed so in reality dont really mind about the hotel. Bed, locker/safe, air con and within the vicinity of the Soi. As long as its not a total s - hole.

I saw this also somewhere as slightly more odd and quiter choices sort of out of the way:

http://www.bkktownlodge.com/rooms.html

Thene there was the crazy crazy cheap:

http://www.honeyhouse.co.th/home/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=3〈=en

which frankly I almost cannot believe the price. Any experiences on either one?

Also wanted to ask, do you get a better price by just walking up to a hotel and asking for a room or better to book first?

Any other suggestions much appreciated :)

Don't know what the Honeyhouse and bbktownlodge are like, I have heard that the Honey House does have a reputation of being a bit of a dive.

Thai hotel owners have a different mentality to those in the West, if the place is nearly empty and you pitch up they will try and screw you, excuse the pun, for as much as they can, supply and demand doesn't work here. For example during the unrests and the airport closures there were very little tourists, hotel owners put up their prices to the few that were here in the hope that they could maintain their income, and then were suprised when they didn't.

The Hilton probably is guest friendly, I really don't know, but you are right your colleagues might take a dim view. It's also a fair trek from Cowboy, actually the other side of the river. It involves a long taxi drive or the BTS, with a change at Siam, and then the Hilton Shuttle Boat.

If you don't want the hassle of finding a hotel that suits your needs, you could consider a short time room, the girls all know where they are and only cost a couple of hundred Baht. As you would imagine they are very basic and, apparently, located just out side the soi, but they are clean and have showers. It all depends on your punting preference.

Thai hotel owners have a different mentality to those in the West, if the place is nearly empty and you pitch up they will try and screw you, excuse the pun, for as much as they can, supply and demand doesn't work here. For example during the unrests and the airport closures there were very little tourists, hotel owners put up their prices to the few that were here in the hope that they could maintain their income, and then were suprised when they didn't.

So true, some bars & bargirls have the same mentality, few punters raise the price lol, maybe they need to have a chat to Lord Sugar lol,

I have stayed at Honey House a couple of times and its fine for me in it is clean with fridge/aircon and in a quiet but convenient location. Having said that I normaly spend a month or so away and budget accordingly , for just a couple of daus I would upgrade somewhat for a few extra frills and a pool.

There are dozens of 3-4* star hotels that fit the bill around the 2000 baht (£40) mark that are convenient for Cowboy and girl friendly. my advice is to go to latestays and see whats on offer.

www.latestays.com/thailand/

Edited by joecoolfrog