magic62

Should My Friend Tell Guy's She's A Wg?

15 posts in this topic

I have a girl friend who has recently started work as a wg.

she wants to stay single and thinks that telling guys what she does will put them off,

but every time she does she gets hit on more and more.

There are reasons she does what she does and without going into any detail I understand her situation and support her as best I can with any help and support I can offer.

I've asked her not to tell people,and now i'm just looking for advice.

I'm afraid her family is going to find out and that will destroy her world.

she wants to stay single and thinks that telling guys what she does will put them off,

There are reasons she does what she does and without going into any detail I understand her situation and support her as best I can with any help and support I can offer.

No, no and less there be any doubt - NO.

People outside our "world" don't have the understanding of the work that we do, to them it's an exciting

salacious slice of our lives which is titillating to hear about and imagine. With the best will in the world,

it's a very difficult nugget of information to hang onto, "Please don't tell anyone I told you this, but you

know Jane ? She's a hooker".

I've seen it happen again and again. If your friend wants to maintain her anonymity and if she wants to remain

single then there is no need for her to tell men at all, is there ? There are several women who post on this

board who have been "outed" and the fallout is horrendous, those who you thought would be your supportive friends

( and who knew what you do ) are the first to get their claws out.

I think it's wonderful that she has you to confide in because we all need support and someone to sound off to,

but moving forwards, the only men that should know she is a working girl are the ones that come bearing cash in

their sweaty little mitts. :D

Tell her to join Saafe - http://www.saafe.info/ - there's a network of support there with advice from experienced

ladies and she can buddy up with a lady from her area too, she doesn't need to feel isolated. If she continues to

tell men that she's meeting that she is a WG, then feeling isolated will be the least of her worries.

People outside our "world" don't have the understanding of the work that we do, to them it's an exciting

salacious slice of our lives which is titillating to hear about and imagine. .

Are you sure?

The people who watch and believe Belle De Jour or whatever it is called, might just, but I suspect a large percentage see WGs as dirty, drugged up harlots with not an ounce of good in them?

I agree- tell as few people as possible- maybe a very close friend she thinks will understand but for her to tell guys she has just met NO NO NO!

I was outed in the most hideous way you can imagine by a guy I was seeing who didn't take it well when I ended it.

I hate the fact I can't be up front and honest with people but after my bad experience I have learned it isn't worth it.

If she has anything to lose which you say it would destroy her world if her family found out its best to keep quiet. As she has already told some hopefully the cat isnt already out of the bag. My advice is take Lauras advice.

I thought was going to be a thread about starting a relationship, but no if it's simply random blokes then there is no reason to tell them at all. And yes some men/people in general will treat you like some sort of 'exhibit' if you do, as well as those males who think for some reason it makes you easy game for them - or quips about having a spare £20 note in their pocket and do you do mates rates?

On the other hand there are people/males for whom it is nothing more than just a job you happen to do. So careful choices have to be made regards who to confide in. Telling males you are a prostitute generally doesn't result in them running away (a few might), and if their 'knight in shining armour' switch is activated it could only make things worse.

and if their 'knight in shining armour' switch is activated it could only make things worse.

And then there are the men who say that there is nothing wrong with Lesbianism 'that a good shag from me', won't cure!

Many thanks for the advice. It is what I have been asking and advising her to do,

so now at least I have something to back up my advice with.

So once again I'll say to those above.

Many, many thanks.

Many thanks for the advice. It is what I have been asking and advising her to do,

so now at least I have something to back up my advice with.

So once again I'll say to those above.

Many, many thanks.

She's daft if she says anything, most guys don't realise they are normal human beings. The biggest difference being that you are more likely to have a better sex life and more frequent sex life with a 'normal' woman than you will with an unpaid WG.

I would have though the answer was an obvious 'no' - rolling eyes and thinking how boring ....

If she wants to go out without men hitting on her, she could try wearing a gold ring on her wedding ring finger.

If I was chatting to a girl in a bar and she told me she was 'working' I would automatically take it that she was touting for business, so why tell them? - unless she is !:blink:

You could always tell her to adopt the attitude that most MK girls do and tell them to 'piss off' - not that its happened to me too often ! :lol:

If she wants to go out without men hitting on her, she could try wearing a gold ring on her wedding ring finger.

Hmmm, I have a gold ring I just happened to wear on my wedding finger for some while, and it didn't stop me from being chatted up! Plus I think we know on here than being married doesn't necessarily errrr, mean you are not interested in something else.

If it were me I wouldn't tell anyone, its her business and nothing to do with anyone.

Shelly

Hmmm, I have a gold ring I just happened to wear on my wedding finger for some while, and it didn't stop me from being chatted up! Plus I think we know on here than being married doesn't necessarily errrr, mean you are not interested in something else.

I'm shocked. What's the world coming to?