Sarah Summers

Is Punting A Luxury

39 posts in this topic

On another thread, Xenia mentioned that Punting is a luxury. I would tend to agree with this. When men come to see me, some of them have saved up for their treat, I am fully aware of this.

It does not matter whether the lady charges £50 or £100 or more for an hour of her time - it is a lot of money in anyone's terms. I do think there are some men who are intent upon driving the price of punting down. These are men who do not consider punting to be a luxury, and I think they become blase about their hobby, treating the lady (in their mind) like a chattel.

Speaking personally, I know how much clients look forward to the meets, and put a lot of care and thought into my work. maybe if I charged an awful lot less, I would not, but then I probably would not be doing this at all. I don't like being undervalued :)

Any thoughts on this guys... is your hobby a luxury or do you consider it to be something else?

Edited by Sarah Summers

When I was in an increasingly sexless marriage, punting was the way I maintained my sanity and I did not regard that as a luxury!

It's a bit of a luxury

I'll give you the usual list of cliches first... I don't smoke, I don't gamble, I don't drink , no, wait I do drink I just never pay for my booze ;) and I don't spend 1000's like some of my mates on Leeds united season tickets and travelling around the country watching football.

So to me, it's a bit of a luxury, like a decent night out, a weekend break a nice new shiny iPad or something.

I'm in a sound financial place, so if I want to treat myself, then I will, be that a shiny new iPad or a couple of hours of debauchery with an exotic blonde :)

Long time dead, so enjoy the luxuries of life while you can :)

For me it is a luxury. If I'm short of cash, punting might be the first thing on my mind, but it'll be the last thing I do.

A definite luxury for me. If i can't afford a punt with a lady of the type I enjoy, at a time and place that suits both of us, then I don't bother any more. I have a budget and (mostly) stick to it by regulating the number of bookings I make rather than constantly searching for ever more improbable bargains. If money ever gets tight, reigning back on this particular luxury will be the first thing I do.

I have to agree with many that it's a luxury now. When I first started punting I could get a FS for £25. Now I have to think carefully about how much I can afford, which severely limits my punts.

It is a bit of luxury as I have to make sure I can afford it everytime I do punt - i look forward not just to the 'deeds' themselves but for the all round aspect of friendliness, conversation and the sensuality too! each punt if good - and mostly they are) sustains me till the next as the homefront is a disaster zone. I make sure I reciprocate and be equally polite and cordial..... and where abouts are you Sarah ??!!

Without boasting about money, what stops me meeting the need I have to punt is not a shortage of cash but a shortage of time and opportunity.

So it's a necessity, but one I don't have the luxury to fulfil often enough.

On another thread, Xenia mentioned that Punting is a luxury. I would tend to agree with this. When men come to see me, some of them have saved up for their treat, I am fully aware of this.

It does not matter whether the lady charges £50 or £100 or more for an hour of her time - it is a lot of money in anyone's terms. I do think there are some men who are intent upon driving the price of punting down. These are men who do not consider punting to be a luxury, and I think they become blase about their hobby, treating the lady (in their mind) like a chattel.

Speaking personally, I know how much clients look forward to the meets, and put a lot of care and thought into my work. maybe if I charged an awful lot less, I would not, but then I probably would not be doing this at all. I don't like being undervalued :)

Any thoughts on this guys... is your hobby a luxury or do you consider it to be something else?

Punting is my favourite pastime, even better than golf. It is a luxury i can fortunately afford and being retired i can punt when it suits me as much or little as i like. I have found punting 3-4 times a week took the edge off so have reduced it since i had some health problems last year. I know what you mean about becoming blaise but i always treat WGs with respect unless they try to rip me off or scam me which is thankfully rare, most WGs being average, good or better in my experience. :)

I wouldn't classify it as luxury, although there are luxurious times.

Things go wrong to often to make it a luxury for me.

More like supporting a football team. It is expensive. Sometimes you don't score at all, sometimes there is a substitute, sometimes you score four times, sometimes the game is postponed, called off early or delayed. Sometimes all the action happens early on, other times right at the end. Sometimes the referee knocks on the door. Sometimes you experience winning the Cup!

More like supporting a football team. It is expensive. Sometimes you don't score at all, sometimes there is a substitute, sometimes you score four times, sometimes the game is postponed, called off early or delayed. Sometimes all the action happens early on, other times right at the end. Sometimes the referee knocks on the door. Sometimes you experience winning the Cup!

I like your analogy. Even with the most diligent research the result cannot be guaranteed. However, re-matches tend to be more consistently good ;)

Edited by TheVicar

I like your analogy. Even with the most diligent research the result cannot be guaranteed. However, re-matches tend to be more consistently good ;)

Yes, the replays can be more exciting than the originals :) Hopefully no penalties.

Punting is my favourite pastime, even better than golf. It is a luxury i can fortunately afford and being retired i can punt when it suits me as much or little as i like. I have found punting 3-4 times a week took the edge off so have reduced it since i had some health problems last year. I know what you mean about becoming blaise but i always treat WGs with respect unless they try to rip me off or scam me which is thankfully rare, most WGs being average, good or better in my experience. :)

I like your comparison mate. Its a great pastime. Golf? A good walk spoiled apparently :)

Anything beyond basic provision of food, shelter, security & clothing is a luxury.

However, depending on what you get out of it, it can be a massive quality-of-life thing.

I had a recent encounter that was so satisfying that I could see it easily becoming as important to me as good food, new music, access to a car, internet access etc. ie not essential to life but a major constituent of me being "happy".

I like your comparison mate. Its a great pastime. Golf? A good walk spoiled apparently :)

I wouldnt know as i dont walk, thats what buggies are for. :D

Seeing all the comparisons with golf amuses me....I play a lot of golf and it is hardly a luxury. My membership costs me £ 20 per week when you take the 12 month costs and divide it. I play regularly so I get VFM...some punts have been excellent VFM, some haven't. Bit like my golf, some weeks are £ 20 well spent, others not so.

I punt less frequently now than I used to as I have some financial committments that I need to clear before end of year. Punting costs me more than golf....But, what am I better at....Good Question.

For me punting is a hobby,a luxury and a necessity.

Hav'nt met anybody I really like enough to be in a relationship with for a long time,and don't want to be in a relationship with someone just for the regular sex.

But I need to have sex on a fairly regular basis or else I get bloody depressed and can't think straight,so punting is a NECESSITY.

Punting is also HOBBY for me,as I enjoy trawling through the websites daily, checking pictures adding to favourites and looking for bargains and gems.

Punting should always come under the LUXURY bracket too,it's a luxury because you order it and pay for it and it's there just as you requested wearing what you asked to wear and waiting to be devoured.

A luxurious sometime necessity, sometime hobby

More of an occasional necessity rather than a luxury, a bit like new glasses or a new set of tyres :rolleyes:

To answer the question directly, yes.

Punting (and God I hate that term) is price sensitive as the current generally depressed state of the scene (anecdotally at least) attests to.

B

Men are meant to have sex, it keeps them healthy, so for me its a necessity, and I do it as regularly as I go swimming. I can get 3 punts a week for 140£, so its affordable,fortunately I am not one of these guys who seeks elaborate choreography, just a squirt and a bit of chat does me.

its both

doing some me time is how we stop ourselves going mad. To ease out the stresses of everyday life.

some go to spas for pampering

some play golf

some go yachting for the weekend

some go train spotting.

and we go a punting.

its both

doing some me time is how we stop ourselves going mad. To ease out the stresses of everyday life.

some go to spas for pampering

some play golf

some go yachting for the weekend

some go train spotting.

and we go a punting.

Haha and I ride my Madone. Am I a depraved pervert for considering that better than sex? :o

B

I bet you've got a top range model too. Think of how many punts you could have had for the price of that bike.

Interesting analogy, although I would class a season ticket to a premiership football club definitely as a luxury.

Just because you don't enjoy something doesn't mean it's a luxury. I have had naff visits to a west end theatre loads of times at £60/seat. Just because the play was rubbish, doesn't mean it wasn't a luxury expenditure in my eyes.

Necessities include food, water, transport, electricity, gas, mortgage, council tax, education and health. Most other things are luxuries in my book.

Punting must be a luxury. Those who can't afford it seem to get by all right.