Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BillGoldberg

Smilies Appearing In Code ?

4 posts in this topic

Is there something in my settings that means that smilies now appear in this format in my posts ?

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Is there something in my settings that means that smilies now appear in this format in my posts ?

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Sorry Bill, Nobody knows, or even cares!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

It might have something to do with the way you use the editor to insert a smiley (or emoticon).

If you simply click on an emoticon in the dropdown selection you get this :- :D

If you click and drag an emoticon from the dropdown selection to where you want it, you get this :- http://punternet.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif (which is essentially what you have in the HTML form of your page).

Edited by Barry Cade

It might have something to do with the way you use the editor to insert a smiley (or emoticon).

If you simply click on an emoticon in the dropdown selection you get this :- :D

If you click and drag an emoticon from the dropdown selection to where you want it, you get this :- http://punternet.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif (which is essentially what you have in the HTML form of your page).

I should add that what I said above only applies to Firefox. The click and drag of an emoticon in the IPBoard editor doesn't do anything in Internet Explorer (IE9).