Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
starman

Harman is the bookies' favourite

14 posts in this topic

COMMONS leader Harriet Harman is the new favourite to replace Gordon Brown as Labour leader, according to Ladbrokes. The odds on Ms Harman, the party's deputy leader and minister for women and equality, have been cut to 3/1 from 5/1.

She has overtaken David Miliband, the Foreign Secretary, whose odds now stand at 7/2

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/jonathan_isaby/blog/2008/09/26/harriet_harman_backed_to_replace_brown

we are stuck with Brown till after the next election. Then they will have to pick someone who still is an MP. so mebbe HH wont be eligible

Should be interesting

we are stuck with Brown till after the next election. Then they will have to pick someone who still is an MP. so mebbe HH wont be eligible

Should be interesting

new PM could happen sooner rather than later, remember

Harriet is only a heartbeat away :D

Don't know why people seem to hate Brown so much, he's much better than people like HH or that concervative dork.

Feel a bit sorry for him actually since he became leader at such a bad time :eek: I trust him more than any of the competition though to lead the country at the moment.

This not in the wrong forum though? :D

Don't know why people seem to hate Brown so much, he's much better than people like HH or that concervative dork.

Feel a bit sorry for him actually since he became leader at such a bad time :eek: I trust him more than any of the competition though to lead the country at the moment.

This not in the wrong forum though? :D

it is Harriet people hate, most of all heterosexual men do

Brown is indeed a better person than most of the Cabinet, and indeed he should have been Labour leader in 84 after Hohn Smiths death.

But, he showed his true colours last year when he dithered over calling an election. He also had a habit of dissapearing when he was Chancellor, anyone ever see him during the war five years ago?

Brown is a coniving creep. He has helped get this country into crisis, wasting vast amounts of money giving doctors pay rises, recruting more administrators to the National Health.

He has not saved any money for a rainy day, he can ill afford to pay out the banks, we will be paying for years to come.

In the past he has raided my pension fund by removing tax credits from provate pensions, all very well for him and the civil service with their fat cat indexed pensions.

Sooner he is out and labour is out the better.

Unfotunately if Labour lose the alternative is David "I have a plan" Cameron:eek:

I find this idea that the government should have "saved money for a rainy day" laughable - the rainy days were the 18 years of under-investment in public services that preceded this administration.

"Sorry, you can't have access to the expensive drugs you need to stay alive, because we're saving the money for a rainy day" :D

I don't believe that paying doctors a decent wage is a waste of money either.

I find this idea that the government should have "saved money for a rainy day" laughable - the rainy days were the 18 years of under-investment in public services that preceded this administration.

"Sorry, you can't have access to the expensive drugs you need to stay alive, because we're saving the money for a rainy day" :D

I don't believe that paying doctors a decent wage is a waste of money either.

No but they pay consultants obscene amounts of money for popping their heads around the door on occasion from their own private pratices?

S x

COMMONS leader Harriet Harman is the new favourite to replace Gordon Brown as Labour leader, according to Ladbrokes. The odds on Ms Harman, the party's deputy leader and minister for women and equality, have been cut to 3/1 from 5/1.

She has overtaken David Miliband, the Foreign Secretary, whose odds now stand at 7/2

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/jonathan_isaby/blog/2008/09/26/harriet_harman_backed_to_replace_brown

Am truly amazed,

she has even less charisma then brown...

well, maybe I should place a few bets..

Am truly amazed,

she has even less charisma then brown...

well, maybe I should place a few bets..

Anyone with serious ambitions to be a future Labour Prime Minister will probably want to lie low after the impending election defeat. She may well become Labour leader, but not PM.

if labour lose the next election then there will be a damaging contest between the new labour people and the old hard left for control.

What happens if gthere is a hung parliament, god knows. That will depend on what happens in scotland. will the SNP wipe out labour?

This government spent £30 million on "feasability" studies on a prison just outside Liverpool, and not one piece of turf has been cut!